Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Default Re: FAQ

Are you too lazy or too important to read the first post? If yes, which one? Wtf...

Man this is the FAQ thread. Its not a FAQ if you dont ask it frequently lol. I think Im just lazy. Sorry man, I came in peace! No harm meant.

now wherrrs the ninja?

Indefinitely Banned

I have to ask: What is the Reichmutation supposed to do? How does it affect the campaign if I change the target of Reichmutation?

The factions you can read in the reichsmutation window are protestant factions. these factions have the possibility to gain an event to transform into a new faction: German Empire. Its the idea, what if the protestants win majority in electors and the power in the empire? They would elect a new protestant emperor. So if you play one of these factions and get the final event, your faction transform like eriador to arnor in third age. But the calmar script used for these transforming isnt enough, the old colour remains and things like that. so if you get the event and your faction is now the german empire, you save your game and leave it. than launch the window of reichsmutation and choose your faction, if you load now your savegame, the colour is now correct for empire. but do not activate the reichsmutation before getting the event, your faction would be partly transformed what would be not very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    The factions you can read in the reichsmutation window are protestant factions. these factions have the possibility to gain an event to transform into a new faction: German Empire. Its the idea, what if the protestants win majority in electors and the power in the empire? They would elect a new protestant emperor. So if you play one of these factions and get the final event, your faction transform like eriador to arnor in third age. But the calmar script used for these transforming isnt enough, the old colour remains and things like that. so if you get the event and your faction is now the german empire, you save your game and leave it. than launch the window of reichsmutation and choose your faction, if you load now your savegame, the colour is now correct for empire. but do not activate the reichsmutation before getting the event, your faction would be partly transformed what would be not very nice.
    I see niceee . Does this applies to the AI too ?

Because of the starting diplomat in an area for most factions you can't do diplomacy with certain factions for quite a while, is it possible that each factions has its limit on recruiting diplomatsraised by 1.
    It's rather annoying when you constantally get missions to do diplomacy with a faction and you can't because your only diplomat is stuck in some mountains.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    you can't do diplomacy with certain factions for quite a while,
    hmm i thought i found all the factions except the ottomans... they just have weird names like legate

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    hmm i thought i found all the factions except the ottomans... they just have weird names like legate
    I'm currently playing as one of the one region factions and I can't find the Palantines who I keep getting missions to talk to.

You have to check the entire retreat. Reset your diplomat's movement points so you can check everywhere. It is possible that another diplomat may have bribed him. You can teleport your diplomat with the console if that has happened.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

There is a ledge in the South West corner of the area - you have to go up to see if the guy is there. You can't see them from the bottom. I'll flatten the whole area a bit.

Any way to make the diplomats either unable to bribe, or unbribable? Would adding a +10 loyalty trait for them make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Because of the starting diplomat in an area for most factions you can't do diplomacy with certain factions for quite a while, is it possible that each factions has its limit on recruiting diplomatsraised by 1.
    It's rather annoying when you constantally get missions to do diplomacy with a faction and you can't because your only diplomat is stuck in some mountains.
    You can recruit new diplomats at your cities so you can still do the missions.

Not in the beginning. Diplomats should get some extra loyalty so they're as near to impossible to bribe as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Not in the beginning. Diplomats should get some extra loyalty so they're as near to impossible to bribe as possible.
    Yeah, this is what I'm thinking the best solution would be. Maybe create a new trait, "Diplomatic Ambassador" with a maximum loyalty bonus, and give that trait to all the diplomats in their mountain retreat.

It wasn't my idea, but I'll gladly take credit for it.

Blog Entries

"Diplomatic Immunity" sounds like a good trait name - I'll arrange for something like that.

I think "Incorruptible" is better. "So loyal and devoted to his liege is this man that he would not leave his side for all the money in the world."

Blog Entries

How is this one? I gave him increased line of sight as well so one does not have to search too far.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sounds good.

Cool. Only the starting diplomats should be able to get that trait, though.