Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Default Re: FAQ

I freed up my laptop from a big chunck of what was on it and run the Windows check for bad sectors and the defragmenter. There were no bad sectors or related issues reported. Fingers crossed that report is accurate.

Geomod reported a bunch of files missing from nearly all affected mods, most of the strings.bins files, and some others. Only one of these files was missing from SS and some differrent files were missing from BC. It may or may not be the update. I ought to have backups of everything, so I will restore the missing files tonight and see what happens. If everything starts to work fine, then it was probably not the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Are your other mods working? Is this a specific problem you have with 1648? Have you been able to play 1648 before?

I will copy and post the offline launcher and configuration files from my gaming computer (which should be corruption free) later tonight when I am back home. If you only have a problem with 1648, you could try to run the mod by using those.

Attachment 321183

Not recently.

As far as I can tell the kingdoms.exe itself works, at least after I replaced it from a copy that was working fine. SS, BC and the original Kingdoms mods (Crusaders, Americas, etc) also do not run but two kingdoms mods that I have not played in years (Rusichi and Chivalry II), do actually run. That is mysterious. The missing desktop shortcuts (SS setup and 1648 Reichsmutation) were restored by restoring to my 1st of February restore point, so these probably went missing after the critical update. I will run Geomod on the various non-working mods, just in case it shows anything.

Unless Geomod reports some issue, I may have to reinstall everything from the medieval II disc, downloads and backups and then hope that critical update has not permanently messed something up. I am not looking forward to that.
    This one works much better))
    Thanks a lot!

Whatever that was, restoring the missing file worked for Stainless Steel, while the vanilla Kingdoms mods worked fine after reinstalling them. Repairing some of the other mods will be more painstaking but prospects are good.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The drummer and flagger have a custom animation I believe, other then that I am not aware.

Is the way units moving across tactical map is hardcoded?
    Firearms units are the most effective with 2lines formations. But, while moving they break it and move in a squre formation.

I think most/all units will keep their formation when moving, if put on guard mode.

If there is no more trade, why trading facilities are still in construction pool?

There still is, no? It just drops to 0 when your faction gets large.

Blog Entries

Unit cohesion is determined by the stat_mental entry in the EDU.

Quote Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
    If there is no more trade, why trading facilities are still in construction pool?
    Some trading facilities enable certain buildings, such as academic buildings or allow the recruitment of supply wagons. They may have also some other effects such as determining income of your trade partners from trade with your faction.

Since apparently neither towers nor walls can be damaged by artillery, this can make sieges a struggle. Coupled with other siege-related bugs like cavalry ending up on top of walls and invisible walls in front of gateways, it makes it seem as though it's pretty much entirely pointless to play sieges at all. I've checked the installation thread and apparently there is no fix for this. My question is: Are there any plans to address any of these issues later on down the track?

Blog Entries

You can revert to 'vanilla' walls and towers by renaming\deleting the ...\1648_2\data\settlements\north_european\settlements folder.

Thanks for that. I'm glad there's something that can change it, because aside from this problem I've had with this one facet of the mod, so far I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Is there any other way to download this mod? The 7zip files are corrupted (I've redownloaded numerous times and used 3 different .zip openers including 7zip) and the torrents aren't even connecting
    Last edited by LuckyPistol; April 24, 2015 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Could be your connection - I am downloading myself right now as I lost a couple of install files during a drive cash. My bandwidth is appalling in the pic (max I get with my tariff is 120kbps), but as you can see there are plenty seeders out there.

Is there somewhere I can get a list of the music used in this mod?

I would like a music list too! This mod has an amazing soundtrack!

You can extract the music by following this link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199247

See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTvVV9xgfCE for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    You can extract the music by following this link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199247

See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTvVV9xgfCE for an example.

The youtube link seems to go to a Giovanni Picci composition. is it supposed to be a tutorial video, or is that an example of one of the tracks from the mod?