Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinning cursor

Default Spinning cursor

I don't know if this is the proper place to tell the bugs but I just got one of the old cursor-spinning problem. In the change from 1620-21 I got the secret order created warning and just then keeps spinning, the old workaround of waiting for a time and then alt tab to game didn't work. I think it could be related to that event since I think it is focused in austrian faction not in spanish one (the one I am playing).

By the way I love the mod but just I could say regarding to this new faction, I don't see very historical to set the capital at that city in Burgundy, much more accurate would be one city of the spanish netherlands as Brussels that was court of the Archiduk (and in the game is just a fort...), Antwerpen as commercial node or Brügge as other prime importance city. Dont take this as bad criticism.

Grettings and thanks for the hard effort producing the best historical TW mod at the moment (with permission of EB1).

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: error report

Unsterbliche Event: this is a yes\no historic event, automatically set to yes if the player doesn't play Austria. Could you set your log to trace (see sticky) and replicate the error? I would like to have a look at the log in the hope to see what the problem could be.

Capital for Spain: that's one for Monti to answer.

Default Re: Spinning cursor

Hmm I thought the log trace was useful only when get a crash, I am not getting any crash and have to via task manager to close the game. Anyway I attach the savegame and the log (afer manually closing) both, if helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I set the spanish Capital to Burgundy because its more secure, also for AI. The northern regions are nearly to dutch armies and are mostly rebellious. The player can handle this, AI isnt such smart. If you want to have the capital in northern regions, take the Option in Game to change the capital. Thats easy done.

Ah yeah I supposed it was a decission related to unsortable gameplay issues, thanks. Yeah I was about to change the capital but still I think could be a problem to move the king from there so far to the north, I don't know if this is other bug but I would swear last time I move him from the fort near that city to the outside it just desapeared, had to reload previous save.

Ah, the spanish King. lol, i forgot. The nice Felipe have no children in right age to be heir. So, to avoid his early death by AI forced attack, i send him to his Jagdschloss, there he is secure and have fun.

That sort of answers one of my questions. I started as Wurttemberg and I noticed someone sneaking out of one of my forts and hiding in the forest. He doesn't appear in my list of generals and Jagdschloss is listed as mine but I can't reach it. It's just a safe harbour for someone? Like the valley the diplomats are trapped in?

Ouch then I think we will leave him alone in his personal Schloss, more free hands for Ambrosio haha.

Jagdschloss are "trapped", yes, they represent Hunting lodges of the princes, so at Vienna the Nobles at Imperial Court (Envoys/Diplomats) accompany the Prince to hunting. A good opportunity to make some diplomatic deals.
    The other Jagdschloss Castles in capital regions are for security of Heirs/Leaders, also they bring als building some bonus and one nice unit (Jaeger Militia).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    Hmm I thought the log trace was useful only when get a crash, I am not getting any crash and have to via task manager to close the game. Anyway I attach the savegame and the log (afer manually closing) both, if helpful.

I tried out your save. It appears that whenever you close one of the messages the spinning starts, even when you simply click on one of the other icons to make a different message appear and then click it away, either permanently or minimizing.
    Which unfortunately means it has nothing to do with any particular message, sorry - I can't offer a solution at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    That sort of answers one of my questions. I started as Wurttemberg and I noticed someone sneaking out of one of my forts and hiding in the forest. He doesn't appear in my list of generals and Jagdschloss is listed as mine but I can't reach it. It's just a safe harbour for someone? Like the valley the diplomats are trapped in?
    That will be your heir sneaking into the bushes (the Jagdschloss is enclosed) from which he gets teleported to his new position.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 16, 2013 at 05:29 AM.

I see, this was a quite usual problem in the previous version too. In fact I would say we had one in the very same turn 1621. May be if I try an older save can progress in the campaing, will check if that works.

Anyway I was about to restart it so I can chage the difficult settings to VH as recommended.
    Last edited by Berg-i-dum; March 16, 2013 at 05:26 AM.

Well guys I think I solved the cursor problem. Reloaded a far previous save and then could pass the secret order event and reach now 1622. Trying to explain it I guess it could be related to the turks event, since I got the event previously but decided to load other save, then the turks event didn't happen, this time in this new load it happened and now all worked fine...

Blog Entries

Sigh, another one of those random crashes then. I had them on the splash screen already, only to be unable to recreate it ever again. Stuff like that. Maybe we tried something that the game engine isn't very happy about.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

I just go the forever spinning cursor error, very annoying!

I guess we know we have to leave with these random crashes in the mod scene. At least this one could be quite easily surpassed.

Quote Originally Posted by PiemasterXL View Post
    I just go the forever spinning cursor error, very annoying!
    Try a previous savegame, some turns ago, that solved mine.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Just got the spinning cursor again after the baroque architecture event in 1626 ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Man, how do you get rid of that! Stuck at 1622 now.

I have so far avoided the spinning cursor by watching the event movie to the end, is it luck, is it stupid, is it the solution, I cannot tell.

I knew it would happen ! The spinning cursor stuck me !
    But I noticed something : an AI army was stuck in perpetual movement going and returning at the end of a bridge.

I knew it would happen ! The spinning cursor struck me !
    But I noticed something : an AI army was stuck in perpetual movement going and returning at the end of a bridge.
    Using a console command, I moved the unit and voilà ! cursor stopped spinning !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast