Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Hey guys i have been working on a script to make it so that after turn 5 when Rickon and Davos pop up an event triggers where Northmen in Stannis' faction and Stark loyalists in the Bolton faction have the opportunity to turn cloak. This is my 1st time working on a script so when it didn't work i wasn't all that surprised. Here are the files:
    campaign_script:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;############################ Mors ###############################declare_counter mors_offered

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType sicily
    and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_TurnNumber >= 5
    and RandomPercent < 10
    and I_CompareCounter mors_offered = 0

historic_event mors true factions { sicily, }
    set_counter mors_offered 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;----------------- accept ------------------------------------
    monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType moors_accepted

and I_EventCounter mors_accepted = 1

spawn_army
    faction sicily
    character Mors Umber, named character, male, age 59, x 48, y 220, portrait mors
    traits BookCharacter 1 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , GoodCommander 2 , BattleDread 1 , Loyal 1 , Drink 2 , Upright 1 , Scout 1
    unit NE Bodyguard exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

send_character_off_map strider1
    historic_event mors_accepted factions { sicily, }
    move_strat_camera 48, 220

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;------------------ reject ------------------------------------
    declare_counter mors_rejected

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType mors_declined

and I_EventCounter mors_declined = 1

historic_event mors_declined factions { sicily, }

set_counter mors_declined 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

historic_events:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ¬################# Mors{Mors_BODY} My Liege, Mors Crowfood, joint castellan of the Last Hearth and uncle to the Great Jon Umber offers to turncloak for the true Wardens of the North, the Starks.\n\nPress "Accept" if you want Mors to be in the service of House Stark, press "Decline" to refuse the offer.\n\nAccepting this offer may undermine the authority of the current the Lord of the Dreadfort and the Iron Throne, and may lead to various negative traits and effects for your faction leader. Refusing this offer will strengthen the Bolton claim to the North and assist in solidifying the Iron Throne's influence in the North.
    {Mors_TITLE} Accept Mors' offer?
    {Mors_ACCEPTED_BODY} My Lord, we have accepted Mors Crowfood's offer, he will now serve the realm as a loyal Stark General.\n\nThe Northern morale of the Stark loyalists is growing following this decision, noticing that our enemies, the Boltons, are weaker.\nThe current Lord of the Dreadfort will likely lose much of his reputation and authority among his people and will probably become somehow embittered because of the loss of a primary Northern bannermen.
    {Mors_ACCEPTED_TITLE} Mors' offer Accepted
    {Mors_DECLINED_BODY} My Lord, we have refused Mors Crowfood's offer to serve our realm and we passed the chance to unite the Umbers of the Last Hearth.\n\nThe current Warden's of the North keep their authority and the small folk of the North may pay a high price for your decision.
    {Mors_DECLINED_TITLE} Mors' offer Refused

Are there more files to edit for an event than these two or is there a mistake somewhere in the format?

Why did you write "moors accepted" and not "mors accepted?"
    Last edited by Fürst Frederic; March 24, 2013 at 06:14 AM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

The script looks kind of cool, I have no idea if it works or not since I have not tried it. I wrote a version of the kalmar union from teutonic which I later removed since the whole scripts was messed up. Basicly Manderly got everything that bolton owned if they killed Ramsay and Roose and held Winterfell. I will look more into such scripting for later versions if I decide to continue this project.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Code:
    and not I_CharacterExists ramsay_1 ;add this label in descr_strat
    and not I_CharacterExists roose_1 ;add this label in descr_strat
    and I_SettlementOwner Winterfell = sicily
    give_everything_to_faction scotland sicily true
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    This is a very quick script which does exactly as you described it.

Code:
    send_character_off_map strider1
    What is this line supposed to do ? Who is strider1 and what is he doing on the map anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    What is this line supposed to do ? Who is strider1 and what is he doing on the map anyway?
    Perhaps Aragorn has journeyed on from Middle-Earth and found his way to Westeros

Should it not be?

Code:
    and not I_CharacterExists "Ramsay Snow/Bolton"
    and not I_CharacterExists "Roose Bolton"
    and I_SettlementOwner Winterfell = sicily
    give_everything_to_faction scotland sicily true
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Im thinking gaining all those settlements should be a little bit harder then just taking Winterfell and killing Roose and Ramsay, maybe The Dreadfort should be involved as well? Also I was looking into having and I_CharacterExists "Rickon Stark".Im not sure how to make them a new faction with stark colors and such, I managed to give them the Stark faction symbol but the color is still lightblue and of course Rickon is not factionleader..

And there is a change that the bolton faction dies out when Ramsay and Roose dies so im thinking about adding for example the Ryswells as a second family tree to prevent all settlements from turning rebel..

And The First Triumvirate if you are interested in scripting you should try the script validator that you can download somewere here at TWC. Campaign_script can be a mess sometimes..

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Should it not be?

Code:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType sicilyand not I_CharacterExists "Ramsay Snow/Bolton"and not I_CharacterExists "Roose Bolton"and I_SettlementOwner Winterfell = sicilygive_everything_to_faction scotland sicily trueterminate_monitorend_monitor
    Yes that would also work but my version is better, as long as you add the labels in descr_strat. If there is a new character (adopted, born) with the same name then your script wouldn't work as it checks for a character with a specific name and my script would as it checks for a specific label and only the characters you give a label have that label.

Im thinking gaining all those settlements should be a little bit harder then just taking Winterfell and killing Roose and Ramsay, maybe The Dreadfort should be involved as well? Also I was looking into having and I_CharacterExists "Rickon Stark".Im not sure how to make them a new faction with stark colors and such, I managed to give them the Stark faction symbol but the color is still lightblue and of course Rickon is not factionleader..
    Yeah, also taking the Dreadfort would be nice. Or Moat Caillin, also an important settlement.

Changing colors is hard. The only way would be something like the FAR launcher. There is no way to script in game that colors or faction names change. t

Ahh thanks guys... I thought strider 1 was the label...whoops. Il check out that script validator.

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

Idea for future fix: Give 1 NF general to Dorne and balance their army little bit.
    I think that if spear is every Dornishman weapon of choice they should be better then any other spear unit in the game.
    For example, Armoured Spearmen have 4 attack and 14 defence, but Dornish Spearmen have 4 attack and 12 defence.
    Give them better attack and more defensive skills. 6a 13d would be perfect, since they are still less armoured then other Westeros sprear unit, but have better punch!
    Dornish Swordsmen need improvement also. Now they have 5 13, which is too little. I would give them 6a 14d.
    That makes them less armoured then Stark/Bolton Men-at-Arms, but give them chance to stand against Armoured Swordsmen and A/Spearmen of the Reach.

Very good sugestions! Unfortunetly i don't have any plans for a new version any time soon.

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

Well, if this isn't big work you could make patch 0.52.

It would improve gameplay by far.

Great work

+ rep

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

this is a very good submod, thanks Korpskog

I've done a basic review/overhaul of this sub-mod on GameLevelTv if anyone is interested in checking it out. (I hope to see more from this in the future, i would love to see the return of House Stark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmt3TfH9tbg

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

nice preview soul, i have just checked it
    Last edited by zburanuki; March 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Haha!
    Nice review of the Frey faction ! ;DD

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I never had much luck with getting the giveeverythingto script to work when I implemented it into FAB.

I assume that the recieving faction needs to have the relevant descr_names and EDB and EDU entries for it to work properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    I never had much luck with getting the giveeverythingto script to work when I implemented it into FAB.

I assume that the recieving faction needs to have the relevant descr_names and EDB and EDU entries for it to work properly?
    I basicly cloned Bolton to create Manderly so it should not be any problem, Bolton is the only northern name that is not included in their namepool.

Also to represent Stark maybe a Direwolf on Manderly colors could be used for the script to represent Stark becoming the ruling house and still show some gratitude to the brave Manderlys. Since the faction color can't be changed.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Faction symbols can be changed quite easily IIRC - I am not sure if banners can be changed too.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

I just had an Idea regarding Victorain Greyjoy. As Rickon comes around turn 5 or 8, why not have Victorain come around turn 15? Maybe with a half stack of Elite Ironborn raiders and a massive navy spawned near Sunspear?