Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 415

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

  1. #1
    Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Svea Rike
    Posts
    5,241

    Default [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

    Winds Of Winter
    The concept of this submod is very simple, it takes place at the end of A Dance With Dragons rather then A Clash Of Kings! Some factions are extinct (Stark/Tully/Renly) and new ones have taken their place (Bolton/Manderly/Frey/Targaryen). Mighty lords and kings have died (Robb Stark/Balon Greyjoy/Joffrey Baratheon/Renly Baratheon/Tywin Lannister/Edmure Tully) and new ones have taken their place (Roose Bolton/Euron Greyjoy/Tommen Baratheon/Aegon Targaryen/Walder Frey). However the concept of the campaign is the same, all houses fights over the dominion of Westeros! Let the game of thrones begin!

    Featurers
    Version 0.5
    *New Factions
    *New Settlements
    *New Characters
    *New Portraits
    *New Script

    Version 0.51
    *Improved characters after request (Jon Connington, Wyman Manderly)
    *House Targaryen is now named House Targaryen
    *Changed descr_strat to solve CTD's (hopefully)


    Credits:

    • Prophet1331 - Skins (Golden Company & House Manderly), Portraits and guiding me through installing skins!
    • Buttswag - Faction symbols and lots of feedback
    • The Forgotten - Custom Portraits and lots of feedback
    • Zburanuki - Custom Portraits and feedback
    • EireEmerald aka Conor Campbell - For leting me use his art as loadingscreens, background etc. follow his facebookpage if you like the stuff https://www.facebook.com/ConorCampbellArtist?ref=h
    • Badger-dude - For coming up with the idea and sharing his wisdom in making a one man mod
    • Lakritstroll - For leting me steal your computer, adding settlements, traits, text editing and more!
    • Furst Fredrik - Supporting and sugesting stuffs!
    • Deska140 - Supporting and sugesting!
    • Uriyaca - For making me wanna finnish as fast as possible to kick your ass in a Hotseat!
    • WTW Team and Community in general for existing! Same with all other Submodteams like KORAH, FaB, Blackfyre Rebellion..


    Installation Instructions:
    1) UnRar to your modsfolder
    2) Launch the batchfile
    3) Enjoy the game!

    Links
    https://mega.co.nz/#!VB9BnbTD!E1sjI218MOf3wSn_N0AL5Ay-wmpa_aB9uzLYjiqSHGs
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ltz1eh96try4s99

    Report Bugs
    If you have found a bug or something that does not make sence, makes the gameplay suck, or whatever. Please write here or send me a PM

    Last edited by Korpskog; March 19, 2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: New Version

  2. #2

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    My experience is that it crashes at the faction loading screen on all factions.

  3. #3

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    yes it crashed at some of the factions, but some of them are working, but there are other bugs too.

  4. #4
    Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Svea Rike
    Posts
    5,241

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    The crashes are not related to any of the faction, they are all playable. I was hopeing that this was related to my computer and not a general problem. What other bugs are you talking about hackera?

  5. #5

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    the name of house targaryen is house renly, stannis faction skins are from the original game, there is a submod with all faction skins i think you can use them.

  6. #6
    Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Svea Rike
    Posts
    5,241

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by hackera96 View Post
    the name of house targaryen is house renly, stannis faction skins are from the original game, there is a submod with all faction skins i think you can use them.
    In game or on factionselection? There is a lot of textediting to be done. And that submod was released after I started working on this one im afraid, those skins will be added sometime but it takes a lot of time and energy. All people cant have the same patience as Prophet with that sort of editing

    What I am looking for with this version is feedback on how the factions are balanced, economy and military power etc. The only persons who have playtested this is me and Lakritstroll. And none of us have played any long campaigns!

  7. #7

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    That stuff is just minor stuff. Hacker your able to play some of the factions?

  8. #8

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    now i tried again and most of the factions were working, very strange

  9. #9
    Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Svea Rike
    Posts
    5,241

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    As I stated the crash when selecting starting a game is not tied to any faction. I have played all of them. I have not been able to track them via the systemlog. Hopefully somebody with more experience can tell me what is what

  10. #10

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    I never post on here but I have been downloading all of the mods over the past year and have loved them all. I am particularly excited about this one but i just downloaded it and it crashes everytime after I select a faction and press start. Frustrating because I want to play so bad. Not sure what the deal is, anythoughts?

  11. #11
    NTRM727's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boise,Idaho
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Hello I have been playing the submod as Aegons faction along with it calling the faction Renly the generals bodyguards do not have skins so they appear untextured and the general model is the Renly general model otherwise I have not noticed anything else that stands out.
    Last edited by NTRM727; March 17, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

  12. #12
    SuicidalBrownie's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Beautiful city of Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    I cannot start a campaign, it just crashes all the time, which I think is sad. I hope you can find the problem, because this has a lot of potential...

  13. #13
    Deska140's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Silesia,Poland
    Posts
    277

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    For me , it crashes one time, the other time it doesen't....It's like a lottery ;p

    You could also install skins for other factions because as far as I know, the only reskinned factions are: those of 0.53, Manderly and GC for Targaryens (but Targaryens themselves aren't). All of those other factions were reskinned by Prophet so could you include them in the next version?



  14. #14
    Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    5,503

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Nice idea Korpskog, I would love playing a mod like this.

    However, before you release files to the public, make sure it is as bug free as possible. One way to do that is to just check the log and fix all the problems mentioned in it.

    I tried to start it and also got a crash, the log contains quite a lot of problems, try fixing those and perhaps the crashes will not occur again. For the last section of my log and the things you should fix see the spoiler. Especially the invalid tile of East Twins settlement, that is a major problem.

    Btw: Why did you add some grown up characters to character records? All males alive and of age must not be in the character records, as they are already mentioned as a general, look at how other submod do this. This causes problems, because now you have 2 entries for some family members, this might be one of the reasons it crashes sometimes.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    11:45:31.057 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 35, column 5can't setup slave faction as the default faction for this region,  (england)
    11:45:31.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 132, column 29
    resource iron positioned on 12,132 which is an invalid tile.
    
    
    11:45:31.083 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 756, column 56
    Garth Lannister age(100) is greater than the maximum permitted age(90)
    11:45:31.083 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 757, column 58
    Amarei Lannister age(95) is greater than the maximum permitted age(90)
    11:45:31.084 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 773, column 1
    Jaime Lannister is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 792, column 1
    The character record Genna is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 792, column 1
    The character record Myrielle Lannister is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 792, column 1
    The character record Cerenna Lannister is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.089 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1505, column 1
    Loras Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.090 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1517, column 13
    couldn't find Tommen Baratheon's character_record
    11:45:31.098 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2534, column 1
    The character record Alayne Stone is neither married, nor has a father.  This could mess up the family tree.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3778, column 1
    Mace Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3779, column 1
    Willas Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3781, column 1
    Garlan Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3785, column 1
    The character record Jaime is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    11:45:31.109 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4003, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(56, 145) for the settlement of The Twins (East).
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    11:45:31.114 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4445, column 90
    you have chosen an invalid tile(135, 33) for Edric Baratheon (denmark)
    Last edited by Dux; March 16, 2013 at 06:01 AM.

  15. #15
    Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,022

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Thanks for the shout out in the credits - Fire and Blood was always meant to be a precursor to this, but I never got around to finish it in time!

    Uriyaca - For making me wanna finnish as fast as possible to kick your ass in a Hotseat!






    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Nice idea Korpskog, I would love playing a mod like this.

    However, before you release files to the public, make sure it is as bug free as possible. One way to do that is to just check the log and fix all the problems mentioned in it.

    I tried to start it and also got a crash, the log contains quite a lot of problems, try fixing those and perhaps the crashes will not occur again. For the last section of my log and the things you should fix see the spoiler. Especially the invalid tile of East Twins settlement, that is a major problem.

    Btw: Why did you add some grown up characters to character records? All males alive and of age must not be in the character records, as they are already mentioned as a general, look at how other submod do this. This causes problems, because now you have 2 entries for some family members, this might be one of the reasons it crashes sometimes.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    11:45:31.057 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 35, column 5can't setup slave faction as the default faction for this region,  (england)
    11:45:31.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 132, column 29
    resource iron positioned on 12,132 which is an invalid tile.
    
    
    11:45:31.083 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 756, column 56
    Garth Lannister age(100) is greater than the maximum permitted age(90)
    11:45:31.083 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 757, column 58
    Amarei Lannister age(95) is greater than the maximum permitted age(90)
    11:45:31.084 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 773, column 1
    Jaime Lannister is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 792, column 1
    The character record Genna is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 792, column 1
    The character record Myrielle Lannister is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 792, column 1
    The character record Cerenna Lannister is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.089 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1505, column 1
    Loras Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.090 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1517, column 13
    couldn't find Tommen Baratheon's character_record
    11:45:31.098 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2534, column 1
    The character record Alayne Stone is neither married, nor has a father.  This could mess up the family tree.  She needs to be defined as a relative
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3778, column 1
    Mace Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3779, column 1
    Willas Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3781, column 1
    Garlan Tyrell is a live male of age > 14 and so must be created as a named character and not just a character record.
    11:45:31.108 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3785, column 1
    The character record Jaime is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    11:45:31.109 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4003, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(56, 145) for the settlement of The Twins (East).
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    11:45:31.114 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4445, column 90
    you have chosen an invalid tile(135, 33) for Edric Baratheon (denmark)
    Do the character records make a huge difference?

    I have never considered them major errors, but now that I think about it, perhaps that is why I am getting er


    Anyway, Korps - This looks like a more serious error:

    11:45:31.114 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WindsOfWinter/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4445, column 90
    you have chosen an invalid tile(135, 33) for Edric Baratheon (denmark)[/CODE][/SPOILER]

    I can show you how to change faction names etc

    With the generals bodyguard bug, that is likely just that you have given the faction the wrong type of GB - Try changing SE to NE or visa versa in descr_strat

  16. #16
    Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Nice work. Looking forward to this. If you put a link up I'll try to fix some of the crashes or help with some other things you have problems with.

    Do the character records make a huge difference?
    Yes if you also have them as general. 2 characters with the same name within a faction cause problems.

  17. #17
    Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,022

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Nice work. Looking forward to this. If you put a link up I'll try to fix some of the crashes or help with some other things you have problems with.


    Yes if you also have them as general. 2 characters with the same name within a faction cause problems.
    Hmmm. I have a ton of 'Robert Baratheon' errors since adding him, but I never thought they were serious enough to warrant me taking time to fix.

    Perhaps that has something to do with 0.71 CTDing?

  18. #18
    Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Could be, it's always better to get as few errors as possible.

  19. #19
    Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Svea Rike
    Posts
    5,241

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

    Thanks for the feedback! The new link will be up in a moment.

    I have redone all the family trees with wrong character records. The only errors that come back in that section is the matter of Alayne Stone, and the two Lannister princesses (Staffordline). The show the same error about not being married or having a father. I cant see how any of those would lead to a CTD.

    Edric Storm moved to Stepstones instead on at the boat. (likely the major cause) After I changed this I did not get any CTD's all day.

    I have not changed the tile for The Twins (east) since it is the same as in Fire & Blood. Characters and troops can move in and out with no problem. If this is the cause of the CTD's I think I will keep the Twins as one castle rahter then two.

    The two last errors is one in the diplomacy-section of the descr_strat that I have no idea how to fix and one in campaign_script when trying to force a epithet to Robert Arryn

    And about the silverglowing skins and that, I really have not put any work into skins other then learning how to install them (thanks to Prophet). This version is made for Hotseats rahter then Singleplayer im affraid.

    Just going to upload the .rar again and hopefully there will be no more anoying crashes.

  20. #20
    Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Svea Rike
    Posts
    5,241

    Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]


Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •