Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

has the russian version been released?
    I want to practice my russian and some westeros

I click on the Windsofwinter batch file and it won't run...
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Hi, I have downloaded the file on page 1 for the mod and replaced the americas folder with this but when I load it I crash each time, I see the westerns snow background for 2 seconds or so and then it just closes/crashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Russian version will be soon, so you can practice a lot.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Hello:
    I finally got it to work for my mac and it is awesome so I wanted to say thank you. Sadly, i have encountered a few minor bugs: There are no skins for the General's Bodyguard of the Targs and there flag on the strategy map and on the battlefield is the Black Stag on yellow of the Baratheons.

How did you get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by davies1994 View Post
    How did you get it to work?
    I did it through steam. Do you have it on Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by person625 View Post
    I did it through steam. Do you have it on Steam?
    Yes I have it on steam, I have replaced my teutonic kingdoms folder with the windsofwinter folder and renamed it etc, then when I open the game I go to advanced in the pre-game window, advanced options, and I have @mods\teutonic\WindsOfWinter.cfg, when I then try to play it I get the loading screen for a few seconds before it crashes.

Yes I have it on steam, I have replaced my teutonic kingdoms folder with the windsofwinter folder and renamed it etc, then when I open the game I go to advanced in the pre-game window, advanced options, and I have @mods\teutonic\WindsOfWinter.cfg, when I then try to play it I get the loading screen for a few seconds before it crashes.
    Okay so you are doing a few things slightly off.
    1) You do not need to replace any folders. Just have all the mod's files installed in a folder that has the WindsOfWinter name or whatever the name is.
    2)Now, make sure you are putting this mod folder inside the 'mods' folder. You can easily access the mods folder by right clicking the game in steam and then selecting 'properties. From there you go to 'Local files' and then browse local files. Then you go from Medieval2Data/mods/ insert folder in mods folder.
    3) Now you were right to go into the advanced options but you are searching for your file incorrectly. So right click select, 'Play Total War...'(NOT ANY OF THE MODS) Form there go to the advanced options and type in advanced exactly as I write here(including quotes): "--features.mod=mods/ExactNameOfDesiredFolderIncludingCaps"
    It should work perfectly after that. I hope this helped I tried to be as thorough as possible because I struggled with getting it to work for several painful weeks.

I have attached a photo of what the entry should look like but just FYI that is for the FireAndBlood mod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 2.01.58 PM.png  

Thanks thats working perfectly, I hadn't realised that there was no Jon Snow so I will probably be playing a different one now but good to know how to do it properly.

Thanks thats working perfectly, I hadn't realised that there was no Jon Snow so I will probably be playing a different one now but good to know how to do it properly.
    Actually, Jon Snow is the Faction Leader for the Nights' Watch Faction. They were in the factions menu for sure, but I haven't tested if they were playable yet.

any progress on this mod?

Might be a bit of a nero but I really love this mod. First time playing as Stannis, outsted the Boltons from Winterfel, Axel and Davos ousted them from the Dreadfort, Devan took the Umbar castle, and Ser Massey married Shireen and led his mercenary army south to drive out the remnants of the Boltons while Stannis beat the Iron born - lost half my army and best troops - before marching on the Twins.

And there is when the Arryns attacked me and Stannis got sieged at the East Twin, dying along with all of my generals except Massey - who had defeated several Frey armies and was down to barely a few hundred men, Thenn who was in his castle, Crowfoot who was Lord of Winterfell, Devan Lord of Last Hearth, and Axel Lord of the Dreadfort.

Aside of a few units being unskinned and for some reason the NW and a few vanilla factions being in the game - in the faction screen anyway - this is a great submod!

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Why are most of the Manderly units silver? The men-at-arms, bodyguards, and I think maybe spear militia are all these weird silver surfers. So are the Tommen Bodyguards.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Why are most of the Manderly units silver? The men-at-arms, bodyguards, and I think maybe spear militia are all these weird silver surfers. So are the Tommen Bodyguards.
    Because Manderly's men are silver surfers, heralding the arrival of the Gah Lak Tus.

Or they don't have skins.

One of the two.

Hey i love those willdling units will u make more??

I would sugest to make them more robust and give them hair and beards or at least to some of them and it would be cool it they would have flufy clothes or at least around their neck or something like that!

Last edited by thekingsmen; July 11, 2017 at 06:49 AM.

The faction leader of House Targaryen is Jon Connington in my game, shouldn't that be Aegon?

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I made it as so Aegon's Children can become FL rather then Jon's.

Sort of regent-isch
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Ok, thats cool

Is this the one with Jon Targayren as Aegon's heir???If not, where can i find again the Lost Prince mod please???Great job btw!!!