Thread: I've been thinking...

Default I've been thinking...

I was thinking about downloading this mod, but i would like to ask a few questions first please.

1. Is there 4 turns per year?
    2. Will there be a horrible distance penelty?
    3. Is Rome totaly unified, or is it just Julii's old land and you convirted the other 3 roman factions into rebal settlements?
    4. Whats the difference in TE CE and TE? Is CE the newest and better one?
    5. Can someone post a picture of the map when it is uncovered by fog of war at the begining of the game please? I would like to see where all the countries start.
    6. Will i be able to just copy my Rome Total War file into a whole new folder and then install the mod on the copy? That way if i don't like the mod i could just delete the folder and have it gone? I did this with DarthMod and it worked fine, but im not sure if it will work for this one.

I may have some more questions later, but this is all i could think of at the moment.

Thank you,
    Tzif

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I've been thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzif
    I was thinking about downloading this mod, but i would like to ask a few questions first please.

1. Is there 4 turns per year?
    2. Will there be a horrible distance penelty?
    3. Is Rome totaly unified, or is it just Julii's old land and you convirted the other 3 roman factions into rebal settlements?
    5. Can someone post a picture of the map when it is uncovered by fog of war at the begining of the game please? I would like to see where all the countries start.
    6. Will i be able to just copy my Rome Total War file into a whole new folder and then install the mod on the copy? That way if i don't like the mod i could just delete the folder and have it gone? I did this with DarthMod and it worked fine, but im not sure if it will work for this one.

I may have some more questions later, but this is all i could think of at the moment.

Thank you,
    Tzif
    Ill take a stab at your questios.

1. There are two turns per year (Spring, Winter)
    2. Huh?
    3. A totally unified Rome, with a revamped map that adopts the MUNDUS MAGNUS campaign map.
    4. CE has some modifications, like land bridges, that make AI expansion more realistic. Other aspects Im sure someone will be able to point out.
    5. Ill give that a shot, wait for pic. :spammer:

6. Yes, I use multiple installs as well. Works great.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; August 19, 2006 at 11:22 AM.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Awsome, thanks Gaius Baltar!

In number 2, i ment will there be distance from capitol penelties since it is a huge map.

Thanks,
    Tzif

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Awsome, thanks Gaius Baltar!

In number 2, i ment will there be distance from capitol penelties since it is a huge map.

Thanks,
    Tzif
    Ok, yes, of course. Hadnt had morning coffee yet

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Tzif
    TE CE is a modification for TE 5.1 made by Kaweh K. An extract from the readme:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Content:
    The purpose of this mod is to make the factions expand more realistic when controlled by the AI. This is done by changing a lot in "strat.txt", "descr_sm_factions.txt", and by implementing landbridges (Street Of Gibraltar, Sicily - Italy).
    Also it reduces the brigand and pirate spawn rate.
    Additionaly, this CE includes new banners and symbols for all factions, on the battle map and on the strat map, menu and in-game.
    It also includes new loading screens.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at the TE CE subforum to see more information about it.
    Last edited by Werner; August 19, 2006 at 12:28 PM.

Cool, thanks guys!

Tzif