Herr Pieter Klaus, Templar of Sigmar
Herr Johannes Halm, Warrior Priest of Sigmar
Herr Thoruk Twinaxe, Dwarf Daemonslayer
Herr Gunther Flammenschwert, Bright Wizard
Herr Reinhold Verbrennen, Bright Wizard
Herr Karsten Benedikt, Honorably Discharged Greatsword of Talabecland
Herr Helmut von Helmgard, Former Mercenary and reformed Bandit Lord

Intro:
The Rusty Mace Tavern and Inn was it's name. It reeked of ale and the strong liquor colloquially known as "Scheißbräu
". In stepped a dwarf, a slayer, clearly, by his fringe of orange and red hair, reddened as much with blood, both fresh and old, as with dye, his half-naked body bearing flesh proud with scars, also both fresh and old, his ham-sized fists each clenching an axe inlaid with golden knotwork and runes. Behind the dwarf followed a much less menacing looking man, but no less dangerous, for he wore the gaudy red and yellow robes of the Bright Order. Close behind him, wary-eyed, another man entered the tavern, dressed in half-plate, carrying a large greatsword. Finally, with an air of authority, entered a Priest of Sigmar, bearing the hammer that is the badge of his order, his robe decorated with a pattern resembling tiny hammers covering his plate armor.

"Ah, the other half of our company has arrived, we are finally all here," said a man seated at the center of the tavern. He was clothed in the brown greatcoat and hat of a Witch Hunter, the notorious secretive order that answers only to the Emperor and kills any suspected of being tanted by Chaos with impunity. "As you already know, we've been summoned here to Altdorf at the request of the Emperor. What you don't yet know is precisely why. As you may have guessed, we're to go on a mission in the Emperor's name, and it will be most perilous. The forces of Chaos are at work in Reikland, and we're going to find it's head and cut it off. Intelligence reports large scale Beastmen activities in the nearby forests. The taint of Chaos is strong, but with Sigmar's blessing, we are stronger. We are to destroy the resistance, and recover a specific artifact we believe to be drawing them together. What exactly it is, I don't know, but it's important we retrieve it before the forces of Chaos make use of it. The eight of us must succeed where armies would fail. There will be no further support this time, as the Greenskins have the main army tied up in the mountain passes. The task is ours to complete."

"Sounds simple enough," said the aged Greatsword, "which means it's probably going to be as difficult as riding a wild bear."

"The Kislevites are known to ride bears into battle," noted Verbrennen, the already seated Bright Wizard.

"Pah, that's just a folk tale, I'll believe it when I see it. Anyway, what I meant was it's sure to be tough... are we sure about this being the right group for the job?"

"None better," replied the Witch Hunter. "Johannes Halm is a Warrior Priest of Sigmar, in the line of duty, he held a bridge against the spawn of Chaos single handedly, saving the village of Dulfholm. Helmut von Helmgard is a former bandit leader, once known as Helmut Halfsword, but was pardoned and given this commission after rescuing Helmgard as it was besieged by goblins, personally slaying the goblin chieftain. The two Bright Wizards Gunther Flammenschwert and Reinhold Verbrennen have each killed more Chaos spawn than one could easily count. Pieter Klaus, a fellow Templar of Sigmar, served with distinction in the battles of mortuary pass, personally slaying the vampire that was raising the dead. Thoruk Twinaxe, son of Gwalan, is a member of the Slayer cult, whose deeds would take many hours to recite, but the greatest of which is being the lone survivor of a battle with none other than daemons. You, Karsten Benedikt, being a veteran of several wars, have also achieved innumerable feats of prowess. And I, humbly, must admit to being more honored through scholarly persuits than through my battles fought, having read and written a great deal about the forces of Chaos, my expertise is knowing the enemy to best defeat them. Each of you is a hero in his own right. And now we must prove heroic once again, in Sigmar's name, for the Emperor!"

And so, they were off... TO BE CONTINUED.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: