Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW FAR WILL YOU GO FOR ROME?

Default HOW FAR WILL YOU GO FOR ROME?

it's been few years that i don't post here but after playing the shameful rome2 I felt the need to tell you how disappointed i am, they treated us like brainless idiots with false "promises" and false advertisements! even if the box says otherwise the game is not even translated into my language so you can like it or not but they tricked me, they betrayed southern europeans for no reason (racism?) and as if that were not enough i had the nice surprise to find that thee game actually is unplayable, it's a broken product and it's nearly impossible to have a refund, even if CA promised it.
    This is not me in this video because luckly they teached me the value of money, but I must be honest that I would want to do the same with my copy.
    Last edited by Legio; September 21, 2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: video removed

Default Re: HOW FAR WILL YOU GO FOR ROME?

Not far. Not even past my doorstep

That's a very dramatic vid, it will be removed soon I think .

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

Did he just accuse CA of racism against southern Europeans?

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Hetairoi View Post
    Did he just accuse CA of racism against southern Europeans?
    He's upset due to the way CA/SEGA has behaved with Spanish and Italian customers (they advertised the game to be fully italian/spanish but that's not the case).
    CA/SEGA have even offered a refund, but aside some lucky STEAM customers who got it, it's almost impossible to get it.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Campidoctor

I'm not from Spain, but I like to play games in Spanish to practice the language. It's a real shame for me too that many modern games are not published with a Spanish dub, because it's a great way to learn.

The Witcher had an all-Spanish version, but the sequels unfortunately don't - it has nothing to do with racism but everything to do with low sales numbers in those countries.
    Last edited by SirRobin; September 21, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Quickening's Avatar Libertus

That video is beyond pathetic and also a little bit creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm not from Spain, but I like to play games in Spanish to practice the language. It's a real shame for me too that many modern games are not published with a Spanish dub, because it's a great way to learn.

The Witcher had an all-Spanish version, but the sequels unfortunately don't - it has nothing to do with racism but everything to do with low sales numbers in those countries.
    From wiki:
    Approximately 406 million people speak Spanish as a native language, making it second only to Mandarin in terms of its number of native speakers worldwide.

But the fact is that they advertised the game to be fully Spanish/Italian (it's written so on physical copy cover).

This was on Steam before 3rd September:

On 4th September has been changed with this:

A lot of preorder customers have been cheated by this.

Isn't that illegal?
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Damn, where is the Roman Catholic inquisition when the black masses are in the centre of the Holy See? Burn dat pagans!

They probably put a crafty, 'subject to change' disclaimer somewhere.

Icon1 Re: HOW FAR WILL YOU GO FOR ROME?

[QUOTE=fedeita;13261191]it's been few years that i don't post here but after playing the shameful rome2 I felt the need to tell you how disappointed i am, they treated us like brainless idiots with false "promises" and false advertisements! even if the box says otherwise the game is not even translated into my language so you can like it or not but they tricked me, they betrayed southern europeans for no reason (racism?) and as if that were not enough i had the nice surprise to find that thee game actually is unplayable, it's a broken product and it's nearly impossible to have a refund, even if CA promised it.
    This is not me in this video because luckly they teached me the value of money, but I must be honest that I would want to do the same with my copy.

/QUOTE]

Brovo, Brovo! I like the way you think. Would someone please rep this guy.

I've downloaded that video, so every time I think of Rome 2 I'll have something to watch to warm my heart. Got to love It, love it, love it.

I know there's people out there who's thinking, he'll be sorry he did that when they fix the game. Well, if they do, he likely has 2 years to save $10, then he can buy it back again from the bargain bin.

Honest, trustworthy, and most credible (sarcasm) CA will likely fix the game to some extent, but as a buyer of the game I don't rejoice in believing they'll ever fix it well enough to be be worthy of the name Rome 2. Modders will only be able to do so much if some serious flaws in the game aren't resolved, and even then, how long.

The gods weep and Karma takes notice.
    Last edited by Legio; September 21, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: link removed

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by fedeita View Post
    it's been few years that i don't post here but after playing the shameful rome2 I felt the need to tell you how disappointed i am, they treated us like brainless idiots with false "promises" and false advertisements! even if the box says otherwise the game is not even translated into my language so you can like it or not but they tricked me, they betrayed southern europeans for no reason (racism?) and as if that were not enough i had the nice surprise to find that thee game actually is unplayable, it's a broken product and it's nearly impossible to have a refund, even if CA promised it.

Not just Southern Europe, but most everyone was tricked.

p.s. I actually threw my Empire Collector`s edition box and all in the bin cos I was so upset with being tricked with Empire. Still couldn`t get rid of it though because with Steam NOTHING escapes! I know how that guy feels.
    Collector`s editions are EXPENSIVE, last time I ever bought such versions. I get the cheapo version now, if at all.

p.p.s Although I think we`re going a bit past the boundries of taste by using a pic of a real person, no matter how angry you are, I`d never do that.
    Last edited by Legio; September 21, 2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: link removed

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Wasn’t expecting the bit at 5.00 Sadly I don’t have a boxed /disk version to burn that’s all Rome 2 is good for or using the disk as a Frisbee for your dog to chase. + Rep Fedeita

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    From wiki:
    Approximately 406 million people speak Spanish as a native language, making it second only to Mandarin in terms of its number of native speakers worldwide.
    Please read my post before quoting Wikipedia. I know the world is full of Spanish speakers, but I was talking about low SALES numbers in those countries
    Last edited by SirRobin; September 21, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Please read my post before quoting Wikipedia. I know the world is full of Spanish speakers, but I was talking about low SALES numbers in those countries
    Yeah, i know, but that's not the problem, as i wrote above.
    I don't know the sales numbers, but i think that there are more Spanish players than French ones (I'm not against French players BTW, i'm only saying ).
    But, as i said, the problem is that other.

That video started like an normal unboxing and it turns to a very dramatic edge ...
    It was way over the border blaming the AI guy .
    I 'd rather blame the whole design decisions but not single persons .
    anyway I can understand the rage of the "wasted money" and it clearly explains the fury and disapointment of most people out there .

Sure its harsh to watch but its the reality that CA should get aknowledged with .

CA doesn't need pathetic adoring fans and trolls shielding any critics for them , but need to scope the feeback throught complains , criticisms and game features reactions .

for months most of their publicized features had been heavily discussed and criticized , from the abnormal size of cities to the removal of sasons and the ugly UI , all that had people move toward valid criticisms and rise valid complains .
    But seems CA purpousely ignored those or perhaps couse were blinded by the trolling of a few people or simply couse they cared only to read what Steam statistics told them ...

now that most of the people have stopped playing the game after turn 20 !

What will they collect from steam stats?
    That people do not like to play beyond turn 20 so next game will last 20 turns???

Really this had to be the most important milestone for CA and had been instead their dripstone where all the most insane gameplay decisions have converged .

now I hope for Medieval III to be coming as soon as possible and that they will work on the same Shogun II setup , hopefully making us forget about the Rome II failure .

Let's move on and let's open a new Thread Waiting Medieval III .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ive a digital version., , nothing to burn.

And to prove that I am not saying crap ... steam Stats tell us :

only 3.2 % of people have played more than 10 multiplayer battles online ( proves a total failure )
    only 2.8% of people played for at least 100 hours ( another failure )
    80% of people have played less than 100 turns in the campaign ( 20% only played it , another failure )

when only 60% of people have played for at least 10 hours .
    considering that we are 18 days after the release of the game I think that those stats are already an indication that somethins is wrong .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Campidoctor

I don't know the sales numbers, but i think that there are more Spanish players than French ones (I'm not against French players BTW, i'm only saying ).
    I completely agree with you on that.

Campidoctor

Yes, I completely agree with you on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast