Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

i know prim but we will allways remember your battle for doing this amazing Job. You'r a hero

This mod is the greatest mod that exists. there is nothing to match the civil war like this. stone walls or not. im gonna play it til the day it dies.

What the f word does this mean " this application has failed to start because steam_api.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem"

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

I can't download SubsPower from either mirrors...Please provide a download link that works! Thank You!

EDIT: disregard my post, I managed to get things to work
    Last edited by murvaidavid; August 05, 2013 at 09:00 AM.

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

I get the error that either the archives are damaged or curropt when i tried downloading from moddb so im trying filefront most likely going to get same error

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

So both mod db and file front say that the files are in an unknown file or curropt can i a link for 3.5 that works or can some one help me with my problem

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Iam posting here my impressions of the mod.
    It is just AMAZING! The work is great, the models the gameplay everthing, and the battles are very slow witch i really like and they feel much realistic.
    One thing though surprised me the most , how on earth did you make the BAI so good? I mean i played darth mod but i can easily say that iam not impressed with it anymore after seeing what can actualy be done, the ai is holding their lines, they make flaking manoveurs when they are defending and MOST OF ALL their cavalry is not charging like hell they maintain line formations and they actually look like a fighting army!
    You deserve all rep that you can get
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Neither download link for 3.5 appears to be working for me. I cannot read the Polish one, but it gives me two links I can click: "PREMIUM," or "kontakt." The other gives a 404 error, file not found. Any word on other locations to download 3.5? Thanks!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Try ModDB, in my sig.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

I cant see the new units. Just the old ones. I installed 3.5 to the ACW folder....C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW

The old version runs just not the new one. PLz help

EDIT EDIT... Got it workin...
    Last edited by airborne guy; August 30, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

I have an AI problem that I think should be fixed: when I start a battle, the AI always charges with the generals and cavalry roght away and loses them for the rest of the battle.
    The infantry and artillery are doing fine. Can the cavalry AI be modified so that mounted troops would be used more intelligently?

What you describe means that the AI crashed in your game, actually gone into safe mode. Whenever generals or/and cavalry are charging at the start of the battle then this means it's "safe modus time". Can happen few times, don't worry. But if it happens always this may mean something is wrong with your files, maybe some corrupted data. Re-installing may or may not solve your problem.

Yea in my experience Generals are careful and stay back, cavalry so-so... sometimes they charge, sometimes flank... could need a bit of tweaking of their melee values.

nonopo's Avatar Libertus

Hello

I've deserted from the frontlines of Rome 2. I've given up and gone back to my true love.

I did not know you were still working on ACW, and it just brightened my day

I had stopped at 3.4, I will download immediately

thank you

So that "safe mode" is the problem....It happens ALWAYS and I have already reinstalled it multiple times. Can anybody do sth about this? I bought ETW only to have this mod and now it is not working as it should ((

What game and battle difficulty anyone recommends playing??? I am sorry if this Q should not be in this thread, but I did not wanted to start a new one... Anyways, I love this MOD - great job everyone that worked on it, but it seems to me a little to easy fighting the battles (me CS vs Union) I have started out the campaign-Normal, battle-Hard after reading all the news about new and improved AI... now I play battles-Very Hard and I still kick Union's ass every time I fight them, having same or smaller armies.
    I am thinking about starting a new campaign on Hard or even Very Hard setting, but will this change anything since I played the battles on Very Hard already it I almost always I run them over... waiting for your replies. thanks

Unless something is wrong with your version the game AI should be fine. The recommended settings are Campaign:Very hard/Hard Battle:Hard and don't forget the unit sizes! If they are too large or too small it can mess with the AI try running it on medium unit sizes (for ex. There should be 160 men in a Vol. Unit) And if that doesn't work,something's wrong with your game,or you are the next Napoleon.

I want to install ACW brothers vs. brothers 3.4, but when I click the download links they link me to a Polish site saying that i'm not Polish and should get a premium in order to download. The second link just links me to a sites that says that the file is not found. In some of the topics I understood that ACW brothers vs brothers 3.4 need to be installed in order to install the newest version, did I get that right?Sorry for bothering you guys in this thread, but perhaps this is problem occured not only to me and I just didn't look at the right topic?Thanks in advance.
    “Words are dwarfs, deeds are giants.”
    - Dutch proverb

Use ModDB for latest downloads. Click on my sig.

id just like to say that I have more problems with this board then any in memory and cant make paragraphs or half a dozen other things, but here goes. I used to have this mode running with the most recent 3.5 patch. I remember it was a pain to get the newest patch to run last time but I finally got it to run. I recently had to uninstall the whole game and reinstall everything, and despite spending several hours on it every day for 9 days I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the 3.5 zor open beta patch to actually run this time. Ive noticed many other have had this problem but almost exclusively not one states what they did to solve this. Little help?