Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by [NC]Master View Post
    Haha your jokes are quit good Editing Campaign Map. You can edit it a bit thats true but no regions nor citys nor anything usefull can be added proov me wrong but i guess you just don't know enoght no offense but hopes like this are anyoing because since 2009 we know its not possible if it would be possible in a good way someone would allready done new regions citys and so on.
    Not the campaign map, the campaign map models and yes they are editable as the original Blue and Grey team have already done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    we would be more interested in the Ironclad Surface ship of the era (like french La Gloire and British counterpart), or a side-wheel steamer... It would be (at least to me) very wierd seeing the ironclads (as virginia and monitor) going over the "deep sea" (as they were mainly coastal vessels) and even more weird would be to see nations like mexico, haiti and vanezuela to sail them...

@[NC] I think you completely missed the point of B-Dizl intention and work, and as such I find your comment out of place and not necessary.
    Ok fair enough.

the reloading time of the smooth-bore would be slightly faster back then. considering the fact that after few shots fired, fouling of the smooth-bore-barrel would not affect the possibility to reload the gun as much as possible fouling of rifled weapon (though decreased significantly by 1855, fouling still good be a problem especially if weapon wasn't properly maintained). however, you are correct that historically, both types of ammunition needed approximately the same time to reload... that being said, there is something called game-mechanics we have to consider also. if we indeed keep everything 100% historically accurate then player or AI when facing the smooth-bore unit would have too much of an advantage. that is why generally smooth-bore units have higher morale (to get in close), slightly faster reloading speed (to be able to put as many bullets as possible) and virtually no value in maximum range combat. That is why you should use such units as ambush force where hit of their bullet (which is bigger and does more damage) will really come into play. or use ravines etc to shield their movement and then release them on the enemy.

game-play wise, players will experience probably more problems caused by mismanagement of their Minie equipped troops than smooth-bores as they will (hopefully) take in account warnings that we have given. if not, they'll learn it the hard way.
    Smoothbores could still foul relatively rapidly to the point when reloading would be difficult (there are accounts that buck and ball would be quite bad in this regard). Minič style cartridges had the benefit of being greased as standard procedure IIRC. But I understand it migh be desiderable to give the AI some teeth if anything else.
    Last edited by marcello; April 01, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Excuse me guys but I'm not able to download 3.4 music, and 3.5 beta...
    Are there any good link?

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

head to ModDB they have all the stuff.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

head to ModDB they have all the stuff.
    I did, but those links seems to be out of work...

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

One thing I remember about 3.4(? I believe it was) is that playing as the Union, the Confederates never really got a full stack, mostly just 3-5 units that roamed their territories. Was this fixable at all, and has it been fixed, or was it just me? Thanks

How do you enable the 3.5 mod on the launcher?

hey guys...
    i need to install 3.4 and the patch to 3.4.1, right?
    unfortunately the links to both versions are broken. or can i play 3.5 without tose other versions. i think not, right?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Try our ModDb page. But you have to be logged in to DL.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I am having problem playing multi player with my friend online. I invite him to my game but it says; Incompatible version or game,something like that. We both downloaded and installed the exact same thing. Can somone let me know what to do or how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbilko View Post
    I am having problem playing multi player with my friend online. I invite him to my game but it says; Incompatible version or game,something like that. We both downloaded and installed the exact same thing. Can somone let me know what to do or how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Are you both starting as US? If you start as US, and he starts as CS, it won't work. Have you also checked ZoR in the submods tab in the launcher? Both you and your friend must have the same
    submods activated.

I'm not sure if this has come up, and I am aware that the required code would be ridiculous, but will The Hunley feature at all in the new mod?

Regardless, loving what I've seen so far, was a massive fan of the 3.4 version looking forward to the final, perfectly polished version of 3.5

Hunley? Very unlikely. Not as a ship unit anyway. Maybe as some tech invention that'd give a morale boost to all the fighting men as well as make the navy more lethal...

Yeah, that could work, more of a prestige kind of thing as opposed to an actual combat unit

Very wise words indeed

CrisGer's Avatar Civis

The link for the patch for 3.4 to enable us to get 3.4.1 is broken...can someone please update a link for it? it will be impossible to install and play 3.5 beta if we can't enable 3.4.1 wont it? thanks.

Do we have to download the music files seperately or are they included in the main 3.4 installer? thanks
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Development Group
    Linkedin
    "We Build Worlds"

CrisGer's Avatar Civis

OK got it all working. And have the 3.5 mod waiting in the wings.

I wanted to ask about ship units. Does the development team need any models? i specialize in ACW 3D models and have in my stock the following ships:

USS Monitor
    USS Hartford (Steam Frigate)
    USS Cairo River Monitor
    USS Mortar Barges Assorted
    CSS Virginia Ironglad Gunboat Ram
    CSS Manasas Ironclad Gunboat
    CSS David Ironclad Semi Submerisible
    CSS General Bragg Cottonclad Gun boat Ram
    CSS Mortar Barges Assorted
    CSS Earl Van Dorn CottonClad Gun Boat Ram

Under construction
    USS War Eagle River Steamer Transport
    USS Lone Mountain River Steamer Transport
    CSS General Beauregard

happy to share them with the team if useful.

also have artillery including field artillery, Siege Mortars, Siege Guns, US Transport Wagons, Tenting of all sizes and working on breastworks, quartermaster supplies, etc.

Last edited by CrisGer; May 11, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Admin
    Linkedin
    "We Build Worlds"

Hi,

Thank you for the offer. They look very nice!
    Do you have these models in ETW format?

CrisGer's Avatar Civis

Hi
    just got the City Class Monitor USS Cairo finished up..

not yet ..just need someone to give me the technical side of the model types for ETW, so we can convert them if needed. If anyone from the mod team can get in touch with me we can swap the details...again if they are wanted or others needed. Happy to help out.
    Admin
    Linkedin
    "We Build Worlds"

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

ok, we had this come up numerous times... there is actually no way to import new ship models to ETW, unless I had missed some breakthrough during my absence (but breakthrough as that would certainly be noticed). so, don't get your hopes high...

also have artillery including field artillery, Siege Mortars, Siege Guns, US Transport Wagons, Tenting of all sizes and working on breastworks, quartermaster supplies, etc.
    this we can certainly use... and they can be added to the game... we can work out the details via pm and see where it goes.

regards
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM.