Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

oh and ive said this before but ill say it again, love the work done on this mod, cant wait to see the next installment.

Enjoying the campaign so far, great work guys! I take some issue with the starting setup; the (lack of) economic development, the (weak) starting cabinet minister abilities, and the player's technological backwardness. I can elaborate more if you are interested, but mostly I'd just like to be able to fix it on my own (since it seems the development "staff" is mostly done with this mod). Can I use the mod db editor to change this stuff?
    I look forward to some fighting when I have a day off. Thanks again!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon Man 2k View Post
    since it seems the development "staff" is mostly done with this mod
    And where, pray tell, did you get this information?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I just didn't see a lot of discussion regarding a future for this mod, in the 7 months it has been out. I'd be happy to help, though my time and capabilities are quite limited. I would like to be able to make the above changes to my personal copy, if just so I don't have to spend $1000000 trading for outdated techs from the other AI nations

You somehow missed the preview thread with the upcoming new stuff?

3.5 Beta2 Progress Report - September 9, 2013

and this older one

3.5 Beta2 Progress Report - July 22, 2013 - NEW UPDATE

What you do with your personal copy is up to you. If you make something that works and could work for everyone, you could offer it to the mod team to incorporate in the next version.
    And tech research is currently disabled so you don't have to trade anything with anyone, cause you've got all techs enabled anyhow.
    The starting abilities, starting armies, etc should all go in the "startpos" modding. A difficult voodoo to master. You feel up for that?
    You could help us work on the actual ACW techs we had planned for the next version if you're keen. Have a look at the files and see if you can sucessfully change stuff in your game, without major crashes, etc...

If I have all the techs, why can I trade for them from the AI nations? Is that just a quirk of having the tech tree disabled?

I guess I missed those others from reading just this thread - thanks! Glad to know there's more to come

sd

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by millerpsc View Post
    sd
    WOW, really?

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    WOW, really?
    I couldn't quite believe it either, but then I did a little research and he may actually be right...

I have a Graphic Bug, i start a campaign with ZoR and at the start all units have diffrent hats, kepis. After 3 battles all looks same only with hats

The game engine automatically reduces level of variety the more units you use. If only a few are in battle, all detail, all variety is visible, when there's more, the game reduces variety and you get more and more clones.
    Nothing much we can do about it, as it's not the mod's thing, but the game's. Hardcoded.

Hello. This is my first post here, and was trying to get some information on the issue some have had, myself included, with the lua5.1.dll file. I have no trouble playing the 3.4 patched version, but once I try to install the 3.5 version, I get the missing file error message every time. I've installed it on 2 different computers, and get the same result. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

vonkinderei's Avatar Libertus

Wel-come aboard ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky-14thTN View Post
    Hello. This is my first post here, and was trying to get some information on the issue some have had, myself included, with the lua5.1.dll file. I have no trouble playing the 3.4 patched version, but once I try to install the 3.5 version, I get the missing file error message every time. I've installed it on 2 different computers, and get the same result. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Same thing happened to me. Google Lua5.1.dll and then find a good site without malware to download a replacement. It's a windows file that somehow gets corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Google Lua5.1.dll and then find a good site without malware to download a replacement. It's a windows file that somehow gets corrupt.
    I can't remember exactly where I downloaded it but I know I started here, I hope this helps: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-93a328e7a2a8

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    Try starting here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-93a328e7a2a8
    Hope this helps.

Closed.

Go here for Installation Instructions.
    And here for Technical Help, 95% chance your question was already asnwered there!
    Also, please use the
    Search function!
    Last edited by Trig; February 19, 2014 at 06:46 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789