Thread: Revised Reforms & New Reforms by Mouais and Torf (no moar marians_units)

Default Revised Reforms & New Reforms by Mouais and Torf (no moar marians_units)

Hello all, and sorry for my terribru engrishu. This little mod was made by me for scripting and Torf for the pictures. The english translation of this presentation AND of the mod is made by Sombrero-démoniaque because i'm lame in english.

Si vous êtes francophones, passez sur Mundus Bellicus pour profiter de la traduction bêta d'Europa Barbarorum 1 ainsi que de ce mini-mod en français.

1. Revised Reforms

The changes will be highlighted in red to be more understandable :

Celt's Reforms (Aedui, Arverni, Cassi)

Second reform : The age of Soldiers
    Condition :

- The Cassi, Arverni and Aedui must have built at least 6
    "Danoch" (Level 3 market)

- The Cassi, Arverni and Aedui must have built at least 4
    "Large Cities"

- The Cassi, Arverni and Aedui must have built at least 6
    "Large Temples"

- To be in -200 BC

Reason for modifying : It is linked to gameplay. Indeed, when playing a celtic faction, if the first reform is very long to reach, the second follows too closely, which prevent to appreciate the evolution of its armies. I am aware that it is a bit authoritarian, but, I am not so fond of celtic History to create something more historical while extend the time to get the reform. If you have and idea and above all the knowledge, make me know.

Saka Rauka's reform

A reform : Indo-Saka reform
    Condition :

You must hold 4 regions amongst the following 7 :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unlock several units, indicated on this website after "Indo-Saka

Reforms" :
    http://www.europabarbarorum.com/fact...aka_units.html

Reason for modifying : It is very simple, the former reform is too easy to get and doesn't correspond to the formation of the Indo-Saka civilisation. It just have to conquer Sogdiana or Dayuan and hold for four years to unlock the Indo-Saka civilisation. It is too easy, mainly when the fact is that the Sakas came to India only in the second century BC ! From now, it will need to take a part from the regions forming the core of the fusion between hellenism and indian civilisation. Furthermore, these regions represent also the core of the Indo-Sakas kingdoms in the first century BC.

Arche Seleukeia

A reform : The Cataphracts
    Condition :
    - To be at least in 253 BC

- Two differents generals must have lost a great battle against a faction using Cataphracts (Pahlava, Hayasdan, Baktria). They are more likely to get the trait which trigger the reform if they lose some bodyguards in these defeats.

- OR your Basileus must has performed an Anabasis (distroy Pahlava or Baktria, hold Nisa, Khiva and Baktra, your faction leader will get the Anabasis trait which trigger the reform).

Reason for modifying : The former reform is very hard to gain when playing Seleucid, but it also doesn't fit to History. Indeed, the seleucid catatanks weren't formed after a defeat, but on the contrary after a victorious offensive : the Anabasis of Antiochos III the Great. Even if I understand the basic mecanisms of EB (that's why I didn't deleted it, there are now two ways to trigger the reform), as adopting catatanks when crushing a cataphract faction is a little illogic, but History shows that it wasn't after deafeats they were formed. Even if the Anabasis of Antiochos III got more mixed results than the objectives required by the mission-trait "Anabasis" in EB, it is now possible to obtain cataphracts (but also the elite Thorakitai whom go with) if this Anabasis is completed, as a parallel with the era's historic events.

2. New Reforms

Koinon Hellenon

Nea taxis kai kathoplisis makedonike : New military ordinance and macedonian wargear

Condition :
    - To be at least in 226 BC
    - To have built the two best barracks available at Korinthos (MIC 4--> TypeII) and Sparta (MIC 5-->TypeI)
    - To have a character being "Infantry_Commander_of_Genius"

Unlock :

Koinon Hellenon Phalangitai

This reform simulates the macedonian phalanx adoption process adopted by the greek factions of Old Greece during the Hellenistic era. Indeed, I exclude the adoption of the phalanx by the Beotians in 240 BC because there are not enough informations, but we are very are about its adoption by the Achaean League and Sparta (the title is made from the two life of Plutarch). In both cases, the phalanx is adopted by two men, two generals, rather than a common decision. More interestingly, the adoption of the phalanx by Philipoemen was opposed to a "celtic", nay "roman" wargear (Plutarch indicayes that the Achaeans used to fight with a Thureos, a longshield and javelins), which shows that at the contrary of the Thureos and chainmail's adoption, the phalanx's adoption was a political decision. But equip a phalanx, train the men to act with discipline in a very complex formation needs a great mastership in the military training. This is why, in additional to an Philipoemen-like or Cleomen-like (having a character who is a good infantery commander), it will need to develop the best military facilities in Laconia and in Corinth.

Screens, in french, ladies (this is a real campaign and the true script, not a test, thanks to Torf) :

Makedonia

Nea Diagramma hoplismou : New royal decree about weaponry

Condition :
    - The Roman Republic must be under the Polybian era and fullfill two conditions amongst the followings :

- Hold more than 25 regions
    - Hold more than 50 regions
    - Hold Epidamnos
    - Hold Dalminion

- OR Carthage must have unlocked its reform and fullfill three conditions amongst the followings :

- Hold more than 30 regions
    - Hold more than 60 regions
    - Hold Taras
    - Hold Roma
    - Hold Syrakousai

-OR to be at least in 197 AC

Unlock :
    Hysteroi Pezhetairoi

This time, this reform simulates kings Philip V and Perseus's reforms after their defeats against the Romans. So why not put a defeat script like the seleucid one ? Well, according to Hatzopoulos, this evolution was natural and resulted from the gaulish invasions and the Pyrrhic wars. So then, for him, the Amphipolis decree was made far before the first Cynocephales defeat. However, he also admits that the roman expansion had doubtless speed up this evolution ! This is why this reform reflects this complexity while adding a touch of uchronia. Then, if the Roman Republic extends a lot and comes near Macedonia (in Illyria, for example) the reform triggers. The uchronic touch comes form Carthage, if Carthage has passed its reforms which "romanize" its armies. If the punics extends too much and/or hold Sicily, and/or Magna Graecia and/or Roma, the reforms trigger. At last, as it is a "natural" evolution, the reform triggers whatever occurs after a time limit.

Screens (but test script and in french) :

Biography for the news reforms :

Holleaux, « Dédicace d'un monument commémoratif de la bataille de Sellasia », Bulletin de Correspondance hellénique, 31, 1907 p.94-114.

Le Bohec, Antigone Dôsôn, roi de Macédoine., Revue belge de philologie et d'histoire, 1996, 74, p. 227.

http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home...t1_0227_0000_2

Hatzopoulos, « L'État macédonien antique : un nouveau visage », Comptes-rendus des séances de l'Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres, 141e année, N. 1, 1997, p.7-25.

http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home...um_141_1_15696

Hatzopoulos,L'organisation de l'armée macédonienne sous les Antigonides, 2001 (very great book about the Antigonids' army)

Aymard, Les premiers rapports de Rome et de la confédération Achaienne (198-189 avant J. C.), 1938.

Bengtson, « Die Inschriften von Labranda und die Politik des Antigonos Doson », SBAW 1971, 3, 1971.

Heuss, « Stadt und Herrscher der Hellenismus in ihrer Staats und Volkerrecht Beziehungen », Klio, XXXIX,1937, p.1-295.

Edouard Wills, Histoire politique du monde hellénistique, 1982.

Of course, the classical Polybius and life of Plutarch.

Download (IN ENGLISH) :
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/23659582/EB.rar

OR

http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/9hkddWr3

Installation :

Very simple, after extracting the files, normally, you'll have a folder like "EB/EB/Data/..."
    You just have to take the folder "EB/Data" and put it in your Rome Total War directory. If you don't go wrong, you'll have to replace some files.

EDIT : It's made for EB on RTW vanilla engine.

Team :

- ME for making the script
    - Torf for the reform's pictures conception
    - Sombrero-démoniaque, -V- for the english translation

Thanks to :

A huge thank to Mat86 for being very helpful, thanks.
    A short thank to Caulaincourt for his insincere help, thanks.
    A thank to the website MundusBellicus but also to its community which supported me !

Normally, it is retrocompatible (I can play with my old saves); but there are crash risks, so install it only after finishing your campains, understood ?

For permission : it's free, don't ask me nothing , you can do what you want, only if you quote my team somewhere.
    Last edited by Mouais; August 31, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Default Re: Revised Reforms & New Reforms by Mouais and Torf (no moar marians_units)

Neither download links work anymore, Could you update them please? The mod sounds like it would be a great addition to EB.

Default Re: Revised Reforms & New Reforms by Mouais and Torf (no moar marians_units)

Could you update them please?
    Yep, it's done, new link : http://www.gamefront.com/files/23113625/EB.rar

Thanks for your support !

File still not found
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

It still says that the file is not found. Is there another way to get this? I am very interested in this addition to EB.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah this looks like it would be a great edition, I do hope there is a solution.

perhaps just post the code directly onto the thread.
    . .

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This sounds great well done très bien

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is there any reason why it won't work on Alex engine?

Download link don't work anymore.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Someone can reupload them?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

@Mouais can you reupload them?
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

So this is absolutely dead? A shame.
    My Shogun 2 Mod has been defunct for years, its over with. Hex editing is horrible.

@Mouais a new link please.

anyone can upload a new link?