Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

Default Re: Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

Didn't claim anything to the contrary.

Simply said that Rome being weaker than they are now in vanilla is against historical accuracy. But I know it is a moot point, you must nerf them for gameplay reasons, as you have stated, I understand that.

Although, you could do what SPQR: Total War did and buff them, make them as strong as they truly were, and balance this out by making Carthage incredibly powerful, enough to crush all of Romes armies in the first two turns. That way the start of the campaign is hard but after that Rome will only get stronger, while others decline. Some would argue that is boring, I'd say it's an interesting approach as you have to struggle to gain power...

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

A lot of mods have the problem where factions rampage and create huge ahistorical empires in a couple turns. Like in my RTRVII game Noricum and the Suebi have created huge empires already.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    A lot of mods have the problem where factions rampage and create huge ahistorical empires in a couple turns. Like in my RTRVII game Noricum and the Suebi have created huge empires already.
    yeah but we aren't going to allow this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian349 View Post
    Didn't claim anything to the contrary.

Simply said that Rome being weaker than they are now in vanilla is against historical accuracy. But I know it is a moot point, you must nerf them for gameplay reasons, as you have stated, I understand that.

Although, you could do what SPQR: Total War did and buff them, make them as strong as they truly were, and balance this out by making Carthage incredibly powerful, enough to crush all of Romes armies in the first two turns. That way the start of the campaign is hard but after that Rome will only get stronger, while others decline. Some would argue that is boring, I'd say it's an interesting approach as you have to struggle to gain power...
    actually your quite very wrong, the mod is set in 270BC, at the time the Romans were quite weak by still was strong enough to take Rhegium, and the First Punic war doesn't start until 264BC.

To be more specific the Romans at 270BC were just recovering from the war with
    king Phyrrus of Epirus after him being defeated in 275BC.

Plus at the time Rome and Carthage were in various treaties and negotiations with each other, with the last one signed in 270BC and eventually even with the first Punic war in 264BC,

Your saying to make Carthage very powerful when they simply weren't at the time. They were relying on there
    mercenaries as there main army and as both Rome and Carthage were growing in Empire and strength they were then at war with each other.

For all questions Regarding this Time frame, please subscribe and listen to "THE HISTORY OF ROME" Podcast on itunes it talks about,the pre roman empire its starting, all punic wars and is a very extensive and indepth prehistory and history of the Roman Empire and i think that any Rome fan should give it a listen because it talks a lot about the Punic wars, how rome was started , it pretty much goes for the Trojan war to the Fall of Rome to the Byzantium empire i think or maybe till a little before that

2gutter67's Avatar Tiro

I have to say, even though this mod is being made for Rome: Total War, an absolute classic, and there is a new TW:R2 coming out, I might just play this instead of buying the new game. This mod looks to be amazing once it's all wrapped up. Keep doing what you're doing!!

Citizen Content Emeritus

I wouldn't want a mod to be a choice from getting R2TW or not.

I have to say, even though this mod is being made for Rome: Total War, an absolute classic, and there is a new TW:R2 coming out, I might just play this instead of buying the new game. This mod looks to be amazing once it's all wrapped up. Keep doing what you're doing!!
    I hope that you will be happy with the new factions and features as we progress on.

Still, it shouldn't stop you from buying Rome II.

I will for example wait a bit to see how the game comes out. Although I believe it will be great I would just wait and see how will it turn out. And hopefully in the meantime I will play our mod.

Thank you for the support!

that is what i said lol then the modders yelled at me

that is what i said lol then the modders yelled at me
    What did you said ?

That you will wait until the game comes out ?

I said that i would rather get this mod ( if it is better thatn darth mod) instead of buying that steaming pile of garbage rome 2 total war lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    I said that i would rather get this mod ( if it is better thatn darth mod) instead of buying that steaming pile of garbage rome 2 total war lol
    Same opinion here, if the playability is gonna be undermined by more work on graphics than on campaign and battle AI, then I won`t play that game.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Same opinion here, if the playability is gonna be undermined by more work on graphics than on campaign and battle AI, then I won`t play that game.

here here i agree with you totally that is i think they worry to much about visuals and not about balancing CAI or BAI and remove good things like the ability to rename units in campaign like you could in Empire, that added a whole new RPG feeling to the game that got people attached to units, i feel that R2TW is going to be a Rail type game where you follow a set campaign and not be so open like the origional and they probably limit modding so you cant make mods like Third age total war, or Westeros total war where you make a new map or completely new looking units and only allow you to mod unit stats, which is why i love M2TW cause of all the different type mods.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    here here i agree with you totally that is i think they worry to much about visuals and not about balancing CAI or BAI and remove good things like the ability to rename units in campaign like you could in Empire, that added a whole new RPG feeling to the game that got people attached to units, i feel that R2TW is going to be a Rail type game where you follow a set campaign and not be so open like the origional and they probably limit modding so you cant make mods like Third age total war, or Westeros total war where you make a new map or completely new looking units and only allow you to mod unit stats, which is why i love M2TW cause of all the different type mods.
    way to much speculation.

How can CA be focusing on visual aspects when graphically they are keeping the same low specs as S2TW, there are loads of new features that out weight any graphical improvements,

You could rename units in S2TW...

and it has been explicitly stated that the game will be moddable, ranging from units to the campaign 1TPY.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Macedonian faction signature

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Solution is simple, I am going to play both VVVTW and Rome II. Of course I'll wait for some reviews and gameplays before I buy Rome II

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Nice work guys, can't wait to see it out as soon as possible
    here same old art stuff from me
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

G666
    Last edited by Menumorut; March 21, 2013 at 05:51 AM.

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    way to much speculation.

How can CA be focusing on visual aspects when graphically they are keeping the same low specs as S2TW, there are loads of new features that out weight any graphical improvements,

You could rename units in S2TW...

and it has been explicitly stated that the game will be moddable, ranging from units to the campaign 1TPY.

i can only find renaming units in S2TW in multiplayer i can t find how to do it in singler player, and as for modding i know they said you can mod a lot but does that mean you can do a completely different mod like "Call of warhammer" for M2TW or "The Sundering " for M2TW, i might buy Rome 2 but not till a while after it comes out i will want to watch a lot of you tube game play and review, i dont want to be screwed again like i was in Halo Reach , yes i know they are 2 different things it just that in my opinion total war has been going down hill since Medieval 2 kingdoms total war

i can only find renaming units in S2TW in multiplayer i can t find how to do it in singler player, and as for modding i know they said you can mod a lot but does that mean you can do a completely different mod like "Call of warhammer" for M2TW or "The Sundering " for M2TW, i might buy Rome 2 but not till a while after it comes out i will want to watch a lot of you tube game play and review, i dont want to be screwed again like i was in Halo Reach , yes i know they are 2 different things it just that in my opinion total war has been going down hill since Medieval 2 kingdoms total war
    Well everyone has their their right to have an opinion.

I will mainly do it as you will. I will watch and wait for a long time before I decide to even think of buying Rome II.

I can't really say that the games after Medieval II have gone in such a bad way but the could have been better for sure. For example if the put in ETW or NTW fighting in cities then in some random forts it would be 1000% better. Imagine if you could march your troops trough the streets of cities like London, Rome, Paris, Brandenburg, etc. Shogun II I didn't even tried playing. I am not interested in the east.

Nice work guys, can't wait to see it out as soon as possible
    here same old art stuff from me
    Thank you Gerula 666. I have put your work on the first page as well as the new Antigonid Macedon signature made by Dictator.

Thank you for your support !

NEWS :

1) New faction has been revealed on the first page(POST TWO !). Please do take a look. And I would like to apologize in advance because we don't have the faction in game position shown. The reason is that our mapper Leoni hasn't started working on this area. You will informed when we add pictures for it. Also the map that you will see with cities in the " additional information " isn't the right one, as the cities will probably be changed. It is there just to show the start map models.

2) I have written the scenario for the Antigonid Macedon intro , so my friend Dictator will start making it in the next few days. When It is revealed you will be informed off.

3) This Sunday you will get 2 new features shown that will be in the game !

cheers
    Last edited by Asgaroth; March 21, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Enjoy the third faction guys

2gutter67's Avatar Tiro

I seem to have caused a little uproar...sorry I'm not more active on the forum, little too busy.

Anyways, I will admit to loving Empire, especially after I got Darthmod running on it. After that, all of the games became less and less complex, and it's begun to turn me off of the series. The biggest pains for me are the fact that only 8 factions will be allowable in vanilla until the DLC comes out and the 1 turn per year deal. Maybe I'll get it and it will knock me off my feet, but what I think would be fantastic is the most historical start possible, followed by an absolute brawl. That's why your mod is so amazing, because you guys have added more historically acurate factions and such like EB did, which I've never really been able to play due to some wierd installation problems. And I will still probably purchase R2:TW, I just want to wait a while to be sure of the features.