Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

Default Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

Greetings to all good people of the Total War forums.

I am the leader of the Veni Vidi Vici Total War mod, and today we will start presenting our mod to the public.

The mod has been started as HRTW(Historical Rome Total War) two years ago, but after I have taken over as the mod leader we have made many changes to the general idea as well as the mod name.

Basic mod information :

Era : Antiquity

Timeframe : 270 BC – TBA(to be announced- we haven't decided the end date of the mod)

Goals of the mod :

1)Gameplay

- The Roman faction will be made a little bit weaker. Just that Rome doesn't conquer other factions so easily. It will not be so superb as it was in the original RTW game.

- As far as building up your empire and buildings it will not be very different from the original game. The idea is to keep the game as simple as the original, so that the player doesn't need to take extra classes to understand the game.

2)Historical accuracy

- All factions will have historical starting positions.

-The map will have 95% historical settlements. 95% because the lack of resources(of this time) for some parts like Russia, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, etc...

-95% of the units will be historically accurate.

-Historical accuracy is not the main goal of the mod although we will aim it to be in the highest percent.

3)Realism

Map:

-Our own map that is similar to Webbird's 270 BC map(after leoni finishes the map he will give us the overview of every faction on the map with the complete map).

-Cities on the map will have in most of cases their native names( Carthaginian cities= Punic names, Roman cities = Latin names , Gallic cities = Celtic names ).

-There will be no India or any Indian faction on the map.

-This is Webbird's 270 BC map. This map is a sample or better to say an example of a map that will be similar to ours. This is a model from which we made our own map.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Factions:

- Republic Of Carthage

- Antigonid Kingdom Of Macedon (Bottom of original post)

- Kingdom of Brigantia

- Kingdom of Pergamon

- Celtiberian Confederation

- Bosporan Kingdom

- Kingdom Of Media Atropatene

- Ptolemaic Empire

- Aetolian League

- Odrysian Kingdom

- Seleucid Empire

- Kingdom Of Pontus

- Kingdom Of Illyria

- Kingdom Of Nabataeans

- Kingdom Of Numidia

-Kingdom Of Armenia

-Arverni Confederation

-Cimbri Confederation

-Aorsi Confederation

FACTION INTROS :

Republic of Carthage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXksMb-8J4

Kingdom of Brigantia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQ_67mBq2g

Kingdom of Antigonid Macedon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWk5dezvNN4

Kingdom of Pergamon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNu7LZLG6E

Ptolemaic Empire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxvtBokaYng

Mod features
    : others will be announced/updated in time as the mod closes to release(pictures of the features will be posted here also ! ).

- 21 new faction symbols
    - 21 new faction banners
    -Every faction will have it's own intro video
    - Pinarius horse textures
    -Ferres horse textures
    -Roma Surrectum environment
    - 21 new general map models
    - 21 new general in game models
    - 21 new captains(lesser general's ) map models
    - 21 new captain in game models
    - 21 new diplomat map models
    - 21 new assassin map models
    - 21 new ship map models
    - No border between regions on the minimap
    -Projectile sticking into the ground mod( the time of projectiles, which includes rocks, arrows & spears is increased almost twice)
    -New Greek Wall textures
    - New Roman Wall textures
    -Green arrows removed when units selected
    -New main menu background picture, cursor & animations
    -Darthmod formations
    -naval invasions( explained under AAQ & A )
    -4 turns per year script

-15 new factions different from the original :

Egypt=Ptolemaic Empire
    Carthage=Republic of Carthage
    Thracia=Kingdom of Odrysae
    Macedon=Kingdom of Antigonid Macedon
    Spain=Celtiberian Confederation
    Seleucid=Seleucid Empire
    Parthia= Kingdom of Media Atropatene
    Britons=Kingdom of Brigantia
    Greek Cities = Aetolian League
    Romans Senate=Kingdom of Bosporus
    Dacia=Kingdom of Pergamon
    Pontus=Kingdom of Pontus
    Romans Scipii= Kingdom of Illyria
    Romans Brutii= Kingdom of Nabataeans
    Numidia= Kingdom of Numidia
    Gauls = Arverni Confederation
    Germans= Cimbri Confederation
    Armenia= Kingdom of Armenia
    Scythia= Aorsi Confederation

Some features in pictures :

Roma Surrectum Environment :

New Roman stone wall textures :

New Greek wall textures :

Night battles & torches successfully implemented by Dictator :

Remade loading screens by Dictator :

Pinarius horse textures :

No Mini Map border :

Original :

Edited :

Projectile sticking into the ground :

New main menu background with fire animations at sides made by Dictator & new sword cursor made by Asgaroth :

RE-DESIGNED IMPERIAL CAMPAIGM MENU BY DICTATOR(faction icons are yet to be changed !) :

New wooden walls with platforms by DTWT(Diadochi Total war Team) :

GREEN ARROWS ON UNITS REMOVED :

The units are highlighted and there are no triangle green arrows :

Just to show that the formation set is still there, as well as pressing the space bar, the preset formation shows as well.

AAQ & A(already asked questions & answers) :

- Be sure to read this before you ask any questions.
    Will there be an aor?

-Yes, there will be an AOR but it will be only for few units because we have a new system with the mercenary barracks that wasn't present in any mod up till now. You will be more informed on it as time goes on.

- If you have ever played EB(I havn't but I have seen the AOR), AOR won't be like that. You won't have that much choice. You won't be able to recruit for example hoplites if you play as Romans trough AOR and so on. As already said, factions that used mercenary units will be recruited from mercenary barracks.

-there probably will be only AOR for little units.

One trouble with British factions so far in Total War games, I find, is that when one faction gains total controls the isles, they become almost untouchable and unstoppable, to anyone but the player at least; this make sense for Empire etc, but in this classical period it would be very challenging for one of the clans to unite the whole arpeggio.

Kingdom of Brigantes isn't a clan. It is a Kingdom that has a confederation of tribes within it. The point is just that the Brigantes are the ones that lead the confederation and that is why the faction is called Kingdom of Brigantes.

So it is possible that they unite whole Britain , even make an Empire, because, again. They are not one tribe.

And by that I mean we will can train regional units?

-All units will be trained trough normal barracks or trough mercenary barracks that we will introduce when the time comes .All units will be trained trough normal barracks or trough mercenary barracks that we will introduce when the time comes .

Seems interesting that mercenary system, will it be like you can recruit them in the field but retrain them in cities?

-Nope, the units won't be able to be recruited in the fields anymore , they will be recruited only from the barracks in the cities. We did a lot of talking in the mercenary area. We concluded that there are mercenary units that were recruited when the army attacked some field. For example when the Romans would attack Gauls, there were some Gallic tribes that would be hired in Gaul as the Romans progressed in their campaign. That type of recruitment is present in the original RTW. However there was another type of recruitment that was historically present. Some warriors would travel to foreign lands to be hired as mercenary units , because of their greed for gold or just because they could feed their families or just because they wanted a good fight, I really don't know, but it was like that.

- Finally you have the third type which is similar to mercenary units and those are auxilia units. Rome's auxiliary units are very well known , but they are not the only one to use auxiliary units , because Seleucids also used auxiliary units pretatty well.

- This type of recruitment of units will actually help people to see better how did a certain faction relly on mercenary units. Also if you take a look at the Carthaginian roster you will see that some unit names are written in green, some in blue & some in red. I didn't explained that, I forgot, sorry ! . So the green ones are units that will be recruited from mercenary barracks and they are either mercenaries or just allied troops. The blue units are the standard units of the faction that will be recruited form the normal barracks. Red units are the ones you can't recruit. They are either standard bearers or general's bodyguard.

And did the Carthaginias even had indian elephants?

-This actually is the problem we came across when modding. The answers is yes , but there is always but !... but they weren't used in that amount that for example the towered elephants were used by Carthaginians. The thing is that the Republic of Carthage enjoyed very good relations with the Ptolemaic Empire from where they got the Indian Elephants. Ptolemaics had access to the Red Sea which was a direct trade root to India. Ptolemaics also used Indian Elephants.

Here is some info I will post so you can get around. If somebody asks for a source I can't give it as I didn't save my resources because if you can see the most important goal of the mod isn't historical accuracy, its gameplay. I just wanted to make a mod where people would enjoy the gameplay and that they don't feel like the are taking history class while on the other hand It won't be the case that it is ahistorical. A said before it will be around 90 - 95 %. But if anybody does some research on their own the will find probably what I did to.

So here you go :

General Information :

Indian elephants(in vanilla game probably Armored elephants)

Indian elephants reach a shoulder height of between 2 and 3.5 m (6.6 and 11.5 ft).

African Bush Elephants(in vanilla game probably war elephants)

On average, males are 3.3 metres (10.8 ft) tall at the shoulders and 5.5 tonnes (12,000 lb) in weight while females are much smaller at 2.7 metres (8.9 ft) tall and 3 tonnes (6,600 lb)

African Forest Elephants(in vanilla probably forrest elephants)

The male African forest elephant rarely exceeds 2.5 metres (8 ft) in height, while the African bush elephant is usually over 3 metres (just under 10 feet) and sometimes almost 4 metres (13 ft) tall.

Historical Information :

Hamilcar Barca made great use of his elephants during the Mercenary War, while Hannibal used war-elephants in both Spain and Italy. On his march through the Alps they scared the Celts so much that they did not launch attacks on areas which had elephants. Hannibal put them to good use in the Battle of the Trebia, though it is believed he lost most of the initial 37 he brought across with him during the winter of 217. Only one is said to have survived, which Hannibal rode through the Arnus marshes. This was supposedly an Indian elephant named Syrus. He did use elephants again however, as the only reinforcements he received from Carthage in 215 came with a small contingent of elephants.

He also used 80 at Zama, but they were apparently young and not very well trained and were spooked easily, causing more chaos than good. Hasdrubal Barca also made use of war-elephants, but again, they did more harm than good when employed on the battlefield. To counter the unpredictable nature of elephants, the mahouts used hammers to drive in nails into the elephant skull, but this may have been quite a tricky task indeed.

Once there were elephants nearly everywhere, but by the time of Hannibal's march in 218 B.C. they had already dwindled to the two species extant today, the Indian, or Asian, elephants and the African ones.

If he had had a choice, Hannibal would presumably have gone into battle with Indian elephants, which had been used effectively a century before in charging against the forces of Alexander the Great. Indian elephants are not quite as large as the African species but much more easily trained, which is why they are favored by zoos and circuses.

Many historians believe a likely source of Hannibal's elephants could have been the Atlas Mountains of Morocco and Algeria. Living there at the time was a forest subspecies of the African elephants. These were smaller animals, standing about 8 feet tall at the shoulders in contrast to the 11-foot-tall sub-Saharan animals. The Atlas elephants later died out as the region grew increasingly arid.

Only one of the elephants survived the war, it seems. This was the elephant Hannibal himself had often ridden. Its name, according to the story, was Surus, meaning ''the Syrian.'' Because the Ptolemies of Egypt, successors to Alexander, were known to have seized some Indian elephants as booty in their campaigns in Syria, it seemed likely that some descendants of those elephants had found their way to Carthage. Egypt and Carthage enjoyed good relations in those days. Mr. De Beer, citing the story of Surus, concluded, ''It is therefore almost certain that Hannibal's elephants included at least one Indian.''

Will this mod be mainly based on RS2 units and Ferres units?

-There will be other units from other moders as well, but RSII units were mostly used for factions that other moders didn't do. Many moders didn't focused on barbarians, so we took barbarians from the. I wanted that their work can be seen in one place and that is our mod. So in short the answer is no, there will be other models as well, you will see them as time goes on.

The elephants will be overpowered?

-The elephants won't be overpowered. In my mind they weren't overpowered even in Rome I. You just had to follow the instructions give(use javelins, flaming pigs, fire arrows) and they could be dealth with no problems. You just had to have a few crews of archers and skirmishers because you can't kill them with just one crew.

Will there be chriots in the game?

Yes, there will be chariots in the game.

Uh, the last thing I wanted to see today was Unlocalised placement text and the Macedonian peasant
    Hope, it's gonna be fixed soon!

Those peasants are just a generic image of a unit that doesn't have a finished UI card, so no it's not a peasant its just a visual replacement for a none UI made unit. And like above, they will all be made in time.

And many of the units don't have the unit descriptions or names yet. As the descriptions are written the the UI's are made they are slowly added into the mod.

Javelins will be useless like in vanilla or you plan to change that?

Javelins are not useless unless you don't know how to use them, anyway all units will be taken care of to ensure a balanced game.

I am very excited to play this mod. It seems like it will feel, look, and play like a cross between many of my favorite mods like Darthmod, Total Realism, and Roma Surrectum 2. How will the AI in battles and on the campaign map act, more like vanilla and less intelligent or very smart and giving the player a good challenge on the battlefield and diplomatically. Can't wait, playing it on the first day its released. Very well done. Peace.

The mod will actually bee a cross between many mods and will have many features from other mods. I actually never played those mods but I saw many things from youtube that I like in them and also other teammates suggested many things from other mods that we will or we have implemented.

Since Rome II is coming soon , my plan was actually to show many perfect things that were in other mods. I was so admired by the work of the modders from our community that I tried to find something from every of them. All the modders who's work have been used are in the credits GENERAL CREDITS(which are as we proceed updated every time).

We plan to add many more features to the mod itself but in time. For now we are preparing to show you all the factions that we have and what units you will have in the game.

From time to time we reveal some features that are implemented already in the mod, but this will be also updated in time.

THE AI :

As far as the AI in battles we couldn't do very much but use the work that was already done by marvelous modders so far. So in the game there DARTH FORMATIONS will be used. They were implemented by our mod teammate Dictator and tested by him and me, so they work perfectly in the game.

As far as the campaign map we also made differences in the AI. We have enabled that all factions can now perform naval invasions. This should mean that you will no more be safe play as isolated such as Kingdom of Brigantia or half isolated fations such as Kingdom of Bosporus. This means that the enemy should actually load thir ships with units and come across the sea to take your homeland.

Also all rebel settlements will now be a little harder to take as they won't contiant 2-3 units that guard them. Since every rebel settlement actually is a faction for itself(if we look in the way that rebels contain many different factions under its name) the units stack will always be half filled or fully filled, so if nothing it will take you more time to take the settlementt.

As far as diplomacy there isn't much to be changed or modded. We will look into this when we get the time.

Will the battles be vannila length(short), XGM/EB length(medium) or RS2 length(very long)?

We won't know until we have set all the unit stats, but we will most likely aim for medium/long

Oh ,man, I was hoping that it won't be like RS2 where it takes you a YEAR to finish a campaign...

By Dictator :

" What you asked was the in-game battle speed, that has nothing to do with the speed of the campaign.

Roma Surrectum 2 has I believe a 4tp/y which drastically expands the length of the campaign. "

Asgaroth :

As already answered the speed of the battle is nothing to do with the campaign length. Logically looking you can auto resolve the battle and you can be faster that way if you want to play it faster. Or simply become strong and meet the victory conditions that are given to you. In that way you can finish even before the time of the mod ends.

The length of the campaign is mark by many factors. First you have the victory conditions where you can choose to play a long or short campaign(the same will be in VVVTW). So for those people who can't wait just simply press the shorts campaign and it will end sooner.

As far as the game itself the time until the end is marked by a term : " turn per year ". In Rome Total War Vanilla you had 2 turns per year if I am not wrong. This means that you have 2 turns , one summer , one winter until the end of one year. And every mod, even the vanilla game starts at some year and end at some year, so what we can do as modders is increase the length of ONE YEAR .

Our mod for example will have 4 turns per year. This is to represented one turn for every part of a year : Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn, which you actually can't see in the game(on the map precisely) because the engine is made like that I think, so you only have winter and summer in the game. Which finally means that in our mod you will have two turns of winter and two turns of summer instead of one turn for each part of the year.

There are also mods with 8 turns per year & I know a mod for Medieval Total War 2 which has 12 turns per year. But in my mind 4 turns are enough.

@Asgaroth: good job on the new feature VVVTW team, glad the barbarians will have stronger defenses without huge stonewalls, wooden walls seem more accurate.

The point is that the new walls have platforms that are fully functional so you can put your skirmish units up....

For the stone walls I can only say that none of the barbarians will have huge stone walls, but the first stage of stone walls for some barbarians will be available because historically some barbarians like Gauls, Britons, Illyrians & Dacians did build stone walls, for others there will be a wooden palisade and a wooden wall which is presented today...

As you are not going to alter too much the vanilla buildings, will you modify the stats of buildings to allow for better management of your empire, and stop the late game public order problems?(mods like RTR, RS, have high amounts of public order generated by buildings(and the ability to built several temples per turn) that make the building of an empire easyer, improving the way the game feels and he way empires were created and maintained.

Yes, it will be done in time for sure...We will try to make sure the public order stays at its highest so you can build up nicely your empire....We will try to deal with squalor as well , so far we have added the 4'th and 5'th levels of buildings to barbarian factions so you will have cesspits, and buildings similar to them which will lower the squalor and increase health and population growth...

Generally :

This mod actually takes some parts from various different mods to show off to the public what other people have done for Rome in their mods. Through this mod we actuallly other people's work and we give the proper credits.

Our mod will have elements of RS , EB, RTR, EXGM, HGCS, Variagmod and other mods. As well as many minimods. I always tend to use the work that other people have done if they give us the permission of course, I want to show of to the public how people actually enjoyed Rome Total War game , even though years have passed...

So as far as units, buildings, minimods, etc...you will have much to see from different people...

Will there be unique buildings representative for cityes(excepting the wonders) like the Colloseum for Rome, Parthenon of Athens, harbour of Carthage, which will grant those respective cityes special bonuses?

No, there won't be any. You will have the standard wonders that will give special bonuses to cities/ factions , like in vanilla...

But we do aim to do something else...We aim to give each faction something special....For example Republic of Carthage to have a bonus on sea trade income,
    barbarian factions to have a small public order bonus due to hapiness on blacksmiths and that their blacksmiths improve weapons better and so on and so forth, but we haven't reached that stage of modding yet.

Modding Progress :

Work left : Implement new building, make units available for training, finish the map, add some more adjustments

Work done : 80 % of the mod is finished.

VVVTW TEAM CREDITS AND MEMBERS :
    Will be edited in time :

Dictator Of The Roman Republic(aka RTW) :

Fields of contribution( 2D artist, coder, scripter, text editor, tester ,second man in charge of the mod) :

- implemented and tested all the minimods.
    - implemented all the music used in the mod.
    - made the main menu background.
    - made the main menu background fire animation.
    - made the sword crossing animation when exiting the game.
    - implemented, adjusted and tested all the loading the loading screens in our mod.
    - tested things implemented by Asgaroth.
    - recorded faction intros.

ElvenKind

Fields of contribution(2D artist, tester) :

- Made all the UI's in the mod
    - Tested everything implemented by Dictator or Asgaroth

Warrior Cat

Fields of contribution( researcher, writer head of the researching team):

- Researched cities that appear in the mod
    - Written few of the unit descriptions

Velico

Field of contribution(researcher)

- Researcher cities that appeared in the mod

The Kybrothilian(aka Herald of Ominisiah)

Fields of contribution(researcher, writer)

- Written most of the unit descriptions
    - Researched units on request by Asgaroth

Stath's (aka hannibalbarca13)

Fields of contribution(researcher, writer ) :

- Written most of the unit descriptions
    - Researched units on request by Asgaroth

Leoni

Fields of contribution(mapper, text editor) :

- Made the map for the mod
    - Fixed few text file mistakes made by Asgaroth

Milner

Fields of contribution(3D artist, 2D artist, assistant) :

- Made units for the public, which we have used in our mod.
    - Helped in implementing Davide Cool's wall textures

Algaman

Field of contribution(3D artist, 2D artist) :

- Made units for the public, which we have used in our mod.

Asgaroth

Field of contribution(2D artist, text editor, coder, researcher, tester, writer....mod team leader) :

-Implemented and tested all units used in the mod.
    -Made plenty of the units by means of 2D art using the 3D models of modelers who's credits have been given under GENERAL CREDITS.
    -Made faction symbols.
    -Made faction banners.
    -Written faction descriptions.
    -Changed the faction cultures and names.
    -Implemented all unit names and descriptions made by The Kybrothilian, Warrior Cat, Stath's , JihaadJim & Noble Women.
    -Tested everything implemented by Dictator.
    -Made factions banners on the campaign map.
    -Written scenarions for all faction intros.

Noblewoman

Field of contribution(researcher,writer) :

-written part of the unit descriptions

ARADAN :

Field of contribution
    (text editor, scripter, advisor, helper) :

-Aradan is a honorary member of the VVVTW team. He earned his place among us(although he didn't wanted to be a part of the team) because of the work he has done for us. He has done so much help for us from the start that if it wasn't for him who know when the mod would have been released or even announced.

For his work done I added him as a full team member of our mod team.

Again, thank you Aradan !

ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS :

- We only need a good coder, scripter or text editor who can add new buildings for us and make the units trainable, as not many of us on the team are moders, so we need help to make the progress faster.

GENERAL CREDITS :
    Will be updated in time as the factions and features get released :

The Creative Assembly - for making this wonderful game

Davide Cool - for Roman & Greek wall textures

Rarity - who's units we used in the mod and who's models I used to make other units

Tone & the rest of RSII team- for unit models & textures

Hannibal Smith - who's Carthaginian units we used in our mod and who's units I used to make other units

Halie Satanus - for his awesome units used in the mod

Pinarius - for his horse textures minimod

Webbird- for giving me an idea of the campaign map area. Although the area covered is the same we didn't use his map. Our map is completely new made by Leoni.

Ferres - for his awesome units and models who's models I used to create some of our other units
    -for the horse cataphract textures & the camel cataphract textures

Roma Surrectum Team - For the Roma Surrectum Environment

Ritzu 74 - for the map models of assassins, diplomats & ships

Gerula 666 - for making some wallpapers & signatures

King Louise Assurbanipal - who's units we used in the mod and who's units I used to make other units

EXGM(Extended Greek Mod Team)- for the model & textures of the gastraphetes unit, nabataean spearmen & nabataean noble cavalry.

Wlesmana- for the projectiles sticking into the ground minimod

Squid - for helping with errors & for his tutorial on the use of the Zeus tool

RedFox - for his tutorial & creation of the Zeus tool

FACTIONS :

-So today I will start with presenting our first faction....

-The factions won't be mentioned ahead, you will see what factions are in the mod as they get released(probably every Friday you will have a new release here)

-Factions are set and will not be changed.

-Units are set and will not be changed.

- Unit names are half in English and half in Latin(this feature will not be changed)

SIGNATURES FOR FANS FROM GERULA 666 & Dictator :

WALLPAPERS :

Note :

1) The presentation of the map is not how it will actually look in the game, because it will be highly detailed. Leoni will fix the map in time.

2) Faction intros will be added in time and you will be able to see them on youtube.

3)Red names = general, general's bodyguard, standard bearers......green names= mercenary units(will be recruited from mercenary barracks)....blue names=standard units

4) A disclaimer : All units that are written " made by Asgaroth " are only made by me in 2D(textures) means. The models I took are from the best moders of this site. Their proper credits are given in the GENERAL credits.

Antigonid Kingdom Of Macedon(presented to the public on 15.03.2013)

Faction symbol and banner

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    After the death of Alexander the Great the empire he had created tottered and fell into disarray with remarkable speed. His empire was the largest ever seen, and the generals struggled against each other for the ultimate prize of being the new Alexander. Something that none of them was quite strong enough to attain. The Diadochi, or Successors, were only strong enough to hold together fragments of Alexander’s empire.

Macedonia was the original home of Alexander, now ruled by the descendants of general Antigonus Cyclops or Antigonus the One-Eyed. The Macedonians are proud inheritors of Alexander’s original kingdom. Macedonia itself, with parts of Greece as dependencies, has the potential to be a strong power once more.

Macedonia did not remain unaffected by the political realignments and territorial claims of the time of the Successors. After repeated fluctuations of her boundaries, Macedonia entered a period of economy and population growth under the Antigonids, and thus maintained her military superiority over the more southern parts of Greece. The political atitude of her rulers contributed to a resurgence of the Macedonian kingdom's eminence comparable to that enjoyed under Philip II.

Succeeding the Antipatrid dynasty in much of Macedonia, Antigonus ruled mostly over Asia Minor and northern Syria. His attempts to take control of the whole of Alexander's empire led to his defeat and death at the Battle of Ipsus in 301 BC. Antigonus's son Demetrius I Poliorcetes survived the battle, and managed to seize control of Macedon itself a few years later, but eventually lost his throne, dying in prison. After a period of confusion, Demetrius's son Antigonus II Gonatas was able to establish the family's control over the old Kingdom of Macedon, as well as over most of the Greek city-states, by 276 BC.

Starting as just a mere handful of mercenary troops under Antigonus Gonatas in the 270s BC, the Antigonid army eventually became the dominant force in Hellenistic Greece. The Antigonid army, as with the army of Alexander the Great that came before it, was based principally around the Macedonian phalanx, which took up to one-third to two-thirds of the entire army on campaign.Alongside the phalanx the Antigonid army had its elite corps, the hypaspists, numerous Macedonian and allied cavalry and always a considerable amount of allied and mercenary infantry and auxiliary troops.

Although the empire may have slipped away from the Macedonians, they are still deadly warriors and fierce opponents. The Antigonid dynasty commands the respect of their people and has a strong military tradition. Macedonia has spent many long years struggling against the other Diadochi or ‘Successor’ states. This military could equally be turned against other powers for domination of the eastern Mediterranean, Asia Minor and then, perhaps, the whole of the known world. A new Greek empire could arise and equal the achievements of Alexander...

Faction in game status :

Faction units

Antigonid Macedonian General - made by RS II team

Antigonid Macedonian Standard Bearer - made by RS II team

Early general's bodyguard - made by Ferres

Royal Hypaspists - made by Ferres

Argyraspides(Silver shield) Phalangites
    - made by Ferres

Leukaspides(White Shield)Phalangites - Made by Asgaroth

Levy Phalangites - made by Asgaroth

Militia Hoplites - made by Asgaroth

Greek Peltasts- made by Asgaroth

Cretan Archers - made by Tone(RS II Team)

Greek Archers - made by Ferres

Gastraphetes - made by XGM team

Greek Cavalry - made by Ferres

Companion Cavalry - Made by FTone(RS II Team)

Light javelin Cavalry - made by King Louise Assurbanipal

Illyrian Peltasts
    - made by Asgaroth

Agrianian Infantry - made by Roma Surrectum team(Tone)

Scordisci Allied Infantry
    - made by Tone

Thorakitai infantry - made by Tone & Asgaroth

Greek Slingers - made by Tone

Thessalian Cavalry - made by Tone

Large Lithlobolos
    - made by RS II Team

Faction intro :

Additional information :

UI cards :

will be added in time

Campaign map models :

Last edited by Asgaroth; August 12, 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Default Re: Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

Kingdom of Brigantia(presented to the public on 22.03.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    The Brigantes were a tribe or perhaps more accurately a loose confederation of related tribes of British Celts inhabiting almost all of the area between the Humber and the Tyne. In pre-Roman times they controlled the largest section of what would become Northern England, and a significant part of the Midlands. Their kingdom is sometimes called Brigantia, and it was centred in what was later known as Yorkshire. At the time of the Roman conquest, some of the smaller tribes that made-up the Brigantes were the Setanti of Lancashire, the Lopacares, the Corionototae and the Tectoverdi of the Tyne Valley and the Textoverdi.

The name of the tribe springs from the Celtic goddess Brigantia. The name is from a root meaning "high, elevated", and it is unclear whether settlements called Brigantium were so named as "high ones" in a metaphorical sense of nobility, or literally as "highlanders", referring to the Pennines, or inhabitants of physically elevated fortifications. Brigantia was the patron deity of the Brigantes tribe and was also venerated throughout the Celtic world under the names of Birgit, Brigit and Bride. She was the three-fold goddess of wisdom, known as the 'Mother of Memory', a daughter of Dana the Celtic mother goddess. Many of her altars are conflated with Victoria or Nike and demonstrate that she must have shared some attributes with these martial goddesses.

Brigantine society was primarily pastoral, in contrast with their southern Celtic neighbours. They used pots and bowls of wood and leather, though they certainly had the technological know-how to produce pottery. The Brigantes had few hill forts and their settlements were mostly in the form of small hill crofts. They were neighboured to the east by the Parisi, to the south by the Coritani and Cornovii, and to the north by the Novantae, Selgovae, and Votadini. Like all Celtic tribes, the Brigantes were unfamiliar with sexism - they had female rulers (most notably Cartimandua), female priestesses, and female craftspeople. Their ruler was called Brehyrion (a unisex title), who had a team of advisors, most probably druids of both genders.

They also have a proud tradition as warriors. The Brigantes were a warlike race who did not flinch from any battle, nor scorn any excuse to take up arms against any opponent, no matter how small the issue. Thr Brigantes were a thorn in the Roman hand, often causing trouble. It is know of at least one major uprising that took place against the Romans. At the time of the Roman invasion (43 AD) the Brigantes were arguably the most powerful Celtic tribe in Britain. Initially, under the lead of their queen, Cartimandua, they were on friendly terms with the Romans, acting as a client-kingdom. But the Brigantines were not finished; in 138 AD, when you would be forgiven for thinking that they must have been thoroughly "Romanised", they rebelled against the Emperor Antonius, who was attempting to push north from Hadrian's Wall into Brigantine territory in modern Scotland. The Romans under Lollius Urbicus quickly put down the revolt. In 154 AD the Brigantes rebelled yet again, with similar results.

All in all, from their island home the Brigantes have much to feel confident about. They are a vibrant people, with a tradition of bravery in warfare and Gods who will aid and protect them. Protected by the moat of the sea from invasion, they can gaze out towards the mainland, and plan their conquests...

Faction in game status :
    will be added in time

Faction intro :

Faction units :
    General- made by RS II team

Caledonian Cavalry : Made by the CA(chainmail added by Asgaroth)

Brigantian Light Cavalry
    - made by Asgaroth(model by Variagmod team)

Brigantian Heavy Chariots - made by Halie Satanus

Brigantian Swordsmen : made by RS II team

Brigantian Nobles - made by RS II Team

WARNING : NUDE CONTENT , not appropriate under the age of 18

Naked Fanatics -made by RS II(tattoos added by Asgaroth)

Iceni swordsmen
    - made by RS II Team

Brigantian Clubmen - made by Asgaroth(model taken over by RS II Team)

Druids - made by Rarity(chainmail added by Asgaroth)

Caledonian Swordsmen - made by RS II Team

Spear Warband - made by by RS II Team

Brigantian Noble Cavalry - made by RS II Team

Brigantian Light Chariots - made by RS II Team

Iceni Slingers - made by Asgaroth

Skirmisher Warband - made by RS II Team

Iceni archers : made by RS II Team

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :

Kingdom of Pergamon(presented to the public on 31.03.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    Pergamon's past is shrouded in darkness and mistrey .Pergamum was an ancient city founded by greek colonists on the Aegean coast of Anatolia at the site of the present-day city of Bergama. It was on a tributary of the Bakircay (Caicus River), enclosed by high mountains. Fertile, self-contained and easily defended, it provided the perfect setting for the maintenance of a city state. The name Pergamon means either people or the city of a highland or citadel.

Pergamum Kingdom was built on the ashes of the Hellenistic Kingdoms in Asia Minor. Lysimachus turned the city into a military base and treasury for his share of 9000 talent gold coins which he entrusted to Philetairos, one of his much favored generals. Trying to constitute good relations with the other kingdoms, he married Arsinoe, the daughter of Ptolemaios and also arranged a marriage of his son to his sister-in-law. This peaceful period did not last very long. Philetairos betrayed Lysimachus who was defeated by Seleukos.

Seleucus I the Nicator invaded Asia Minor and he killed Lysimachus at the critical battle of Corrupedium in west Asia Minor in 281 BCE. So, Phileateurus now was in possession of the great city and wealth of Lysimachus. After the death of Lysimachus, Philetairos became the king of Pergamum. He spent some of the treasury to restore the city walls and to reorganize his army. Establishing friendly relations with the neighboring countries he was able to enlarge the borders of his kingdom. Due to a childhood injury, having have lost his manly powers, Philetaerus never got married and had no son, so decided to adopt his nephew Eumenes as his heir to the throne of his small kingdom that he was just building.

Although Eumenes I (263-241 BCE), has never used the title of King, he is regarded as the first king in the line of Attalid dynasty who ruled the Pergamum Kingdom for five generations. The first thing in his mind was independence, as this part of Asia Minor was still controlled by the Seleucid dynasty. Eumenes I, defeated Antiochus I at the battle of Sardis in 262 BCE, and gained the status of independence. However, Seleucids wasn't the only trouble for his small kingdom, but the warrior-like Gauls a division of Celtic peoples from central Europe, crossed the Dardanelles ad settled in the Galatia region around Ankara to the east of Pergamum.

From there they attacked the Pergamum Kingdom numerous times. Eumenes paid bribes to Gauls, and maintained a strong army, and built fortified cities of Attalia to the south and Philetaeria in the Troad region. He also built harbors of Elea and Pitane to maintain trading activities. In his time agriculture and industry developed and Pergamum Kingdom became even wealthier than earlier. He also established a constitution of democratic nature, but as a dynast he kept himself out of this democratic structure. Strategoi appointed by Eumenes I, conducted the government affairs successfully under the command of the King.

Apart from the city of Pergamon being welthy it was also an important religious centre and people from all over the world came to be healed by Asclepios , the pagan god of healing. Snakes were a symbol of this cult and Asclepios’ temple was infested with them. Apart from Ascelpios the worship of Dionysus, the god of vegetation, was also popular and the handling of reptiles in connection with this cult was also practised. The Altar of Zeus was constructed by Eumenes II (197-159 BC) and after his death by Attalus II as a memorial of the victory against the Galatians and taking the Acropolis of Athens as an example.

Faction in game status :

will be added in time

Faction intro :

Faction units :

Pergamon General -made by RSII team

Galatian Light Swordsmen - made by RSII

Bastarnae - made by RSII

Hypaspists - made by Ferres

Hoplites of Pergamon - made by Ferres & Asgaroth

Argyraspides(silver shield) Phalangites - made by Ferres & Asgaroth

Thorakitai- made by RSII

Greek Slingers - made by RSII

Greek Peltasts- made by Asgaroth

Greek Archers - made by Ferres & Asgaroth

Greek javelin cavalry - made by KLA

Greek Medium Cavalry - made by Ferres

Companion Cavalry - made by Tone

Cataphracts - made by KLA

War Elephants - Elephant model by Hannibal Smith & Asgaroth, Crew model by Ferres & Asgaroth

Large Lithloblos - made by RS II team

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :

Last edited by Asgaroth; May 30, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Celtiberian Confederation(presented to the public on 5.04.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    Celtiberia, an area in present north-central Spain occupied from the 3rd century bc onward by tribes thought to be of mixed Iberian and Celtic stock. These Celtiberians inhabited the hill country between the sources of the Tagus (Tajo) and Iberus (Ebro) rivers, including most of the modern province of Soria and much of the neighbouring provinces of Guadalajara and Teruel. The Celtiberians were composed of the Arevaci, Belli, Titti, and Lusones.

The earliest population of Celtiberia was that of the southeastern Almería culture of the Bronze Age, after which came Hallstatt invaders, who occupied the area shortly before 600 bc. The Hallstatt people were in turn subjugated by the Arevaci, who dominated the neighbouring Celtiberian tribes from the powerful strongholds at Okilis (modern Medinaceli) and Numantia. The Belli and the Titti were settled in the Jalón valley, the Sierra del Solorio separating them from the Lusones to the northeast.

Celtiberian culture was very unique because it was a blend of two opposite cultures. The material culture of Celtiberia was strongly influenced by that of the Iberian people of the Ebro valley. Horse bits, daggers, and shield fittings attest the warlike nature of the Celtiberians, and one of their inventions, the two-edged Spanish sword, was later adopted by the Romans. Metalworking flourished, and distinctive neck rings (torques) of silver or gold, along with brooches and bangles, attest to their technical skills. The name Celtiberi appears in the writing of Roman authors such as Diodorus Siculus, Appian and Martial, who thought these people were a mixture of Celts (Celtae) and Iberians (Iberi), with the Celts being dominant.

The Celtiberians like all Celts were warlike, however the influence of the Iberians made them all the more dangerous to Rome once the Romans made Spain an province in 218 B.C., at the start of the First Punic War. Following the establishment of the province the Romans turned to the Celtiberians for provincial rulers, however the Romans believed that they were not trustworthy after a few meetings. Iberian auxiliaries often accounted for half of a Carthaginian army, while the Romans usually employed much smaller contingents.

The Celtiberian tribes first submitted to the Romans in 195 bc, but they were not completely under Roman domination until 133 bc, when Publius Cornelius Scipio Aemilianus destroyed Numantia. The Roman city of Clunia (Peñalba de Castro) later became the administrative centre. On the campaign map your first priority would be to resist the Carthaginian occupation of the Iberian peninsula. If you manage to make a strong footohold on the peninsula, you may soon develop into a strong opponent of the romans. Apart from that, there will probably be attempts of the Gauls to try and take your homeland.

Faction in game status :

will be added in time

Faction units :

Celtiberian general - made by RS II Team

Celtiberian standard bearer - made by RS II Team

Celtiberian Spear Warband - made by Tone

Celtiberian Scutarii - Made by Asgaroth

Celtiberian Heavy Scutarii
    - made by Milner & Algaman

Pelendones Axemen - made by Milner & Algaman

Celtiberian Noble Spearmen - made by Tone

Lusones Caetrati
    - made by Milenr & Algaman

Iberian Caetrati - Made by Asgaroth

Arevacos Peltasts

Arevacos Noble Swordsmen - made by Milner & Algaman

Balearic Slingers - made by Asgaroth

Celiberian Skirmishers- made by Tone

Celtiberian Cavalry - made by Asgaroth

Berones Skirmisher cavalry - made by Milner & Algaman

Berones Round Shield Cavalry - made by Milner & Algaman

Celtiberian Noble Cavalry - made by Milner & Algaman

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :

Republic of Carthage (presented to the public on 9.3. 2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    Carthage (Phoenician Kart hadašt, "new city") was founded by Queen Dido who had fled from the city of Tyre in Phoenicia after her husband was killed by her brother. After the fall of its mother-city Tyre 332 BC, Carthage became the leader of the Phoenician colonies in the west and founded an informal but powerful empire, which is known for its almost perennial struggle against the Greeks of Sicily and the Romans. Even in the days of legend there was a link with Rome, because Aeneas of Troy, the father to the Romans, was the lover of Dido and then abandoned her. In her grief she killed herself, cursing Aeneas and his descendants as she died.

Carthage was , by tradition, founded by queen Dido in 814 BC, but archaeological evidence suggests that it is probably settled around the middle of the 8th century. It was the largest of the towns founded by the Phoenicians on the north African coast. It rapidly assumed a leading position among the neighbouring colonies. The Phoenicians - and their successors the Carthaginians - must be credited with the invention of glass, the bireme galley, and with being expert traders thanks to their advanced navigational skills. Even before the Greeks reached the Western Mediterranean, Carthage was a superbly wealthy city, thanks to its mastery of the seas. Carthaginian colonies - colonies of the original Phoenician state now ring the sea (modern Barcelona is named after the famous Barca family).

In the mid-sixth century, Carthage supported the Phoenician towns against Greek Selinus; that they fought against the Spartan prince Dorieus, who tried to build a city within the Carthaginian part of the island (510 BC). In 480 BC the Carthaginian leader Hamilcar was defeated near Himera by Gelon, the Syracusan tyrant. Soon after that a commander named Hannibal Barca, who later became one of the most renown Roman enemies, renewed the war at the end of the fifth century and organized the Sicilian towns into one province. Finaly a treaty was signed in 405; but that war between the Syracusians and Carthaginians flared up every now and then during the fourth century. Many battles were fought between them : in the years 397-392, 382-373, 368-362 (all against Dionysius I and II), 345-339 (against Timoleon); and in 311-306 against Agathocles.

During all these wars, for which Diodorus of Sicily is our main source, Carthage was sometimes defending itself against Greek aggression, and just as often, it was the other way round. There is not a clear-cut pattern, and it would be wrong to assume that Carthage pursued a consistent imperialistic policy, like Assyria, king Philip II of Macedonia, or Rome. On the other hand, Carthage was not a peaceful city pursuing a mercantile policy either. It was a republic and there were several factions with differing opinions and policies.

In 278, war was renewed; this time, the Greeks found a champion in Pyrrhus of Epirus, who had already defeated the Romans and was now called to Sicily. He was successful, but after his victories, the Greeks refused to give him the soldiers to finish the job, and Pyrrhus went back to Italy, where he was defeated by the Romans. He commented that Sicily would be the fireground for the Carthaginians and Romans to fight in, and this prophecy turned out to be correct. By about 275 BC the advantage has gone to the Carthaginians, but by then a third power is in the field, and one with which Carthage will be less evenly matched – Rome. The Romans decided to declare war after an incident in Messana, but here our story stops and you pick up the sword and sit on the throne of Carthage to rewrite history itself.

Carthage is a maritime power, with only a relatively small landowning class to provide military land power. This, however, does not matter as long as Carthage continues to be wealthy. Its coffers pay for mercenaries in abundance when the city needs to go to war. And it is this wealth, mastery of trade and expansion along the Mediterranean coast towards Italy, that brings Carthage into direct confrontation with the newly rising power of Rome. Now, perhaps, it is time for Dido’s curse to have its full effects on the children of Aeneas...

Faction in game status :

Faction units :
    Carthaginian General - made by Hannibal Smith

Carthaginian standard bearer- made by Hannibal Smith

Carthaginian general's early bodyguard - made by Hannibal Smith

Carthaginian general's late bodyguard
    - made by Hannibal Smith

Carthaginian City Militia-made by Hannibal Smith

Poeni Infantry- made by Halie Satanus

Iberian Caetrati- Will be instead of Iberian infantry, made by Hannibal Smith.

Sacred Band of Baal- made by Rarity

Mercenary Samnite Cavalry- made by Algaman

Mercenary Celtic Swordsmen- made byTone(RS team).

Libyan spearmen- made by Tone

Mercenary numidian javelinmen - made by hannibal smith

Carthaginian Archer - made by hannibal smith

Mercenary iberian cavalry - made by hannibal smith

Sacred Band Cavalry - made by Hannibal Smith

Slingers
    - made by hannibal Smith

African Tower Elephants - made by hannibal Smith

African Elephants made by Hannibal Smith

Indian Elephants
    - made by Milner(I just added the carthage symbol)

Celtiberian Scutarii - made by Halie Satanus

Mercenary Mauritanian Archers
    - made by Milner

Poeni Peltasts
    - made by Milner

Balearic slingers -
    made by Milner

Sardinian Archers
    - made by Tone

Poeni Round Shield Cavalry
    - Made by Milner & Algaman

Large Lithobolos
    - made by RS II Team

Poeni Phalangites - made by Halie Satanus

Faction intro
    :

Additional information :

UI cards :

- more to come in time

Campaign map models :

Last edited by Asgaroth; April 21, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Bosporan Kingdom(presented to the public on 14.4. 2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    The Bosporan Kingdom or the Kingdom of the Cimmerian Bosporus is located in eastern Crimea and the Taman Peninsula on the shores of the Cimmerian Bosporus . It is the first truly 'Hellenised' state in the sense that a mixed population,mostly barbarian at that time, adopted the Greek language and civilization.

From the early fifth century BC, the Greek colonies, originally founded here for trading purposes, merged into a single state.The Straits of Bosporos controlls the access to the Black Sea from the Aegean. Similarly, the Straits of Kimmerian Bosporos, in the northeastern end of the Black Sea, controlls the important trade routes to and from the north through the Sea of Azov. Because of its strategic position and the fertile agricultural lands, a strong regional power is growing up around the Straits.

The prosperity of the Bosporan Kingdom is based on the export of wheat, fish,bread,animal hides and slaves that are present since the time of greek colonistion.Significant part of the income of the state treasury is coming from trade with the cities of Minor Asia and Greece, for instance the Athenian state received from the Bosporus half of the required year's supply of food, wood and animal skins.As a major supplier to Greece,the Bosporan Kingdom enjoys wealth and significant contact and exchange with Aegean and Mediterranean cities.With Athens it has a special relationship. In exchange for guaranteeing Athens access to their grain, Bosporan rulers won the personal honor and considerable political protection.On the personal front the Athenians have granted honorary citizenship to the Bosporan kings.

Because of its wealthy land and good position Bosporan is an ideal target for the Sarmatian tribes that have situated in the north. However threat also lurks across the Aegean sea as the mighty Pontic Kingdom arises. However the Bosporan Kingdom has an army mostly composed of Scythian,Bosporan and Sarmatian men under a Greek influence and the mighty banner of the Bosporus .It also has a navy, whose ships have speed of up to five knots, and with a sail - up to eight knots, which is about 15 to 20 miles per hour.Because of its ideal position,Bosporan Kingdom may be a good bait for the surrounding factions ,nevertheless it can be an opportunity for uprising to a large empire !

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Bosporan General - made by the RS II Team

Levy Spearmen - made by RS II Team

Scordisci Allied Infantry - made by RS II Team

Thorakitai
    - made by RS II Team

Scytho - Hellenic Hoplites - made by RS II Team

Bosporan Phalangites - made by Asgaroth

Greek slingers - made by Asgaroth

Greek Peltasts - made by Asgaroth

Greek archers - made by Asgaroth

Scythian Archers

Alan Horsearchers

Greek Cavalry
    - made by Asgaroth

Hetairoi - made by RS II Team

Cataphracts
    - made by King Louise Assurbanipal

General's early cavalry bodyguard
    - made by RS II Team

General's late Cavalry Bodyguard - made by King Louise Assurbanipal

Lithobolos - made by RS II Team

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

KINGDOM OF MEDIA ATROPATENE(presented to the public on 22.4. 2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    Media lies west of the Persian heartlands. The Medes were an ancient Iranian people who lived in Iran in an area known as Media and spoke a northwestern Iranian language referred to as the Median language. Their arrival to this region is associated with the first wave of Iranian tribes in the late second millennium B.C. (the Bronze Age collapse) through the beginning of the first millennium B.C.

Following the death of Alexander the Great in 323 B.C., the Macedonian's conquests were divided amongst the Diadochi at the Partition of Babylon. The former Achaemenid satrapy of Media was divided into two states: The greater (southern) part - Media Magna was assigned to Peithon, one of Alexander's bodyguards. The smaller (northern) region, which had been the sub-satrapy of Matiene, became Media Atropatene under Atropates, the former Achaemenid governor of all Media, who had by then become father-in-law of Perdiccas, regent of Alexander's designated successor.

Shortly thereafter, Atropates refused to pay allegiance to Seleucus, and made Media Atropatene an independent kingdom, with its capital at Gazaca. A reason for it that Atropatene without larger difficulties become independent is that it had a wide range of raw materials and a climate suitable for agriculture. The land's borders changed slightly in time,but its main territory was below the Araz river, east of Lake Urmia, in the north- west of Iran.

Although Atropatene was last of all countries influenced by Hellenism, there exist not a single coin of its rulers ! It is believed that Atropatene had a tradition of worshiping the Persian religion,Zoroastrianism,though it may not have been deeply rooted among their subjects,especially among the non-Aryan tribes.

Unlike their Armenian neighbours the Medians resisted greek influence in both cultural,military and religious way.They are more oriented to the Persians.Medians have a rich land , strong army of Persian roots and only a commander of superb leadership will lead them to victory.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Median General - made by Ferres

East Spearmen Infantry -made by Ferres

Eastern Peltasts - made by Ferres

Eastern Levy Spearmen -made by Ferres

Median Levy Spearmen -made by Tone

Eastern Hillmen - made by Variagmod team

Slingers - made by Tone

Median Skirmisher Cavalry - made by Asgarpth

Royal Cataphracts - made by Ferres

Median Cataphracts - made by Rarity

Cataphract Archers - made by Ferres

Persian Horse Archers - made by Ferres

Cataphract Camels - made by Ferres

Median Horsearchers - made by RS II Team

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; April 22, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

PTOLEMAIC EMPIRE(presented to the public on 27.4. 2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    After the death of Alexander the Great the empire he had created tottered and fell into disarray with remarkable speed. His empire was the largest ever seen, and the generals struggled against each other for the ultimate prize that none of them was quite strong enough to gain. The Diadochi, or Successors, were only strong enough to hold together fragments of Alexander’s empire.

Egypt was one part of that empire and by anyone’s standards it is an ancient land. It is now ruled by Greek Pharaohs, the descendants of Ptolemy I, one of Alexander’s able generals. The Ptolemaic dynasty adjusted rapidly to Egyptian ways and adopted the royal ways of the Pharaohs - including divine status and marriage between the Pharaoh and his sister in each generation. All the succeeding Pharaohs have been called Ptolemy, and their sisters (more often than not) Cleopatra in the Egyptian fashion.

The Ptolemaic Dynasty began with one of Alexander the Great's generals who was given rule over Egypt. This Macedonian general and his descendants ruled Egypt during the Hellenistic period, from the death of Alexander the Great in 323 BC until Egypt became a Roman province in 30 BC. At various times the Ptolemies also controlled Cyrenaica (now north-eastern Libya), parts of Palestine, and Cyprus. Their dynasty was founded by Alexander's general, Ptolemy. Named governor of Egypt by Alexander, he established himself as an independent ruler in 305 BC, adopting the name Ptolemy I Soter. The kingdom prospered under him and his successors, Ptolemy II Philadelphus and Ptolemy III Euergetes, who vied with the other Macedonian dynasty, the Seleucids of Syria, for supremacy in the eastern Mediterranean.

Ptolemaic Egypt, along with the other Hellenistic states outside of the Greek mainland after Alexander the Great, had its armies based on the Macedonian phalanx and featured Macedonian and native troops fighting side by side.The Ptolemaic military was filled with diverse peoples from across their territories. At first most of the military was made up of a pool of Greek settlers who, in exchange for military service, were given land grants. These made up the majority of the army. With the many wars the Ptolemies were involved in, their pool of Greek troops dwindled and there was little Greek immigration from the mainland so they were kept in the royal bodyguard and as generals and officers. Native troops were looked down upon and distrusted due to their disloyalty and frequent tendency to aid local revolts. However, with the decline of royal power, they gained influence and became common in the military.

Egypt, therefore, is a rich land under the new Pharaohs and a center of learning for the Greek world. The Ptolemaic Pharaohs hold together a formidable kingdom and must be seen as a major power in the Eastern Mediterranean. Their potential in warfare against the other successor states is also impressive, and an aggressive Pharaoh could well expand Egypt’s boundaries far beyond the Nile valley...

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Ptolemaic General - made by Ferres

Cleruch phalangites -made by Rarity

Chrysaspides(golden shield) phalangites - made by Asgaroth

Chalkaspides(Bronze shield) Phalangites -made by Asgaroth

Cretan Archers -made by RS II Team

Judean archers - made by Ferres

Greek Marines - made by RS II Team

Gastraphetes - made by Extended Greek Mod Team

Galatian Light Swordsmen
    - made by RS II Team

Ptolemaic Legionaires - made by Ferres

Militia Hoplites
    - made by Asgaroth

Machimoi Phalangites - made by Ferres

Machimoi archers - made by Ferres

Levy Phalangites - made by Ferres

Judean Slingers - made by Milner

Judean Auxilia Spearmen - made by Ferres

Machimoi Cavalry - made by Ferres

General's late bodyguard - made by RS II Team

General's early bodyguard - made by Ferres

Hetairoi(Companion Cavalry)
    - made by RS Ii Team

Silver Shield Thorakitai - made by RS II Team

Indian Elephants - Elephant 3D : Milner Elephant 2D Symbol : Asgaroth, Elephant crew 3D & 2D : Milner

Additional information :

UI cards :
    will be added in time

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

AETOLIAN LEAGUE (presented to the public on 11.5. 2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    The Aetolians were one of those people in ancient world who are everlastingly marginal. When Greece was dominated by city-states, they were weak and devided and, as a group of tribes living in a mountain area, of little account : their emergence as a united people coincided with the establishment of the great Hellenistic kingdoms,Macedon,the Ptolemies,the Seleucids. The Aetolian League was a confederation of greek tribes centering in the cities of Aetolia. It was formed in 4 century B.C. and began to gain power in the 3 A.D. in opposing the Achaean League and the Macedonians.

The Aetolians had a bad name as they were feared pirates.It is a commonplace of Hellenistic historiography that the Aetolians were pirates by sea and brigads by land, and that their conduct of warfare included a predilection for temple sacking. It is further a commonplace that this is due to the pro Achean and anti-Aetolian bias of the historian Polybios, but that, despite this qualification, such a bias did have a basis in fact.Their first act of importance was stopping a major Gallic advance in 279. Since then they dominated almost all of central Hellas, and that is why they had continuous conflicts with Macedon. Because of this they contacted the Romans later on to interfere in Hellas.

Politicaly, The Aetolian League was a federal structure consisted of a popular assembly of all citizens, a federal council in which representation was based on the size of a community's military contingent in the Legion's army, and an inner council. The league could levy taxes, raise armies, and conduct foreign policy. The members also shared a common currency and a uniform system of weights and measures. The council of all Aetolians assembled twice a year, and matters were voted by call. Besides this body the cities were proportional represented in the boule of 1000 people. The real decisions were made by a council of thirty, who were chosen from the boule, and the annually chosen strategos who was president of the League and commander of the army at the same time.

There are few corners of the known world that have not felt the tread of a Greek army, or been graced by the magnificence of Greek architecture. The world is only the way it is because Greeks fought off the despots of Persia, and because Alexander led Greeks to the ends of the earth!. Perhaps now is the time for the Greeks to be great again,to be lead by Aetolians into victorious battles. Alexander’s heirs still fight amongst themselves for the spoils of empire. The rising power of Rome has yet to break out of the confines of Italy – they face the Carthaginians as rivals. To the north, the semi-civilized Thracian tribes have formed a kingdom in the north,but they are surely no threat to civilized men, and Greeks have never bowed the knee to Eastern despots!

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Aetolian General - made by RS II Team

Militia Hoplites -made by Asgaroth

Prodomoi Cavalry -
    made by Asgaroth

Levy Phalangites
    -made by Asgaroth

Aetolian Phalangites -
    - made by Asgaroth

Thorakitai - made by Asgaroth

Iphicratean hoplites- made by Asgaroth

Greek Marines - Made by RSII Team

Spartan Hoplites - made by Anastasio The Great

Greek Slingers - made by RS II Team

Greek Archers - made by Ferres

Cretan Archers - made by Asgaroth

General's Bodyguard - made by RS II Team

Aetolian Cavalry - made by Tone

Thessalian Cavalry- made by RS II Team

Lithobolos
    - made by RS II team

Additional information :

UI cards :
    will be added in time

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; May 12, 2013 at 05:48 AM.

Odrysian Kingdom(presented to the public on 18.5. 2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    The Odrysian state was the first Thracian Kingdon that aquired power in the region by the unification of many Thracian tribes under a single ruler,King Teres the I. He united more than 40 thracian tribes under one banner and was well known for his military abilities as he spent much of his time on the battlefields.

The large territory of the kingdom was populated with a number of Thracian and Daco-Moesian tribes that united under the reign of a common ruler, and began to implement common internal and external policies. Those were favorable conditions for overcoming the tribal divisions which could lead gradually to the formation of a more stable ethnic community. Odrysian military strength was based on intra-tribal elites making the kingdom prone to fragmentation. Some tribes were rioting constantly and tried to separate while others remained outside the borders of the kingdom.

Thracians were seen as "barbarians" by other peoples, namely the ancient Greeks and Romans.They were regarded as warlike, ferocious, and bloodthirsty.Under the Odrysians, Greek became the language of administrators and of the nobility, and the Greek alphabet was adopted. Greek customs and fashions contributed to the recasting of east Balkan society. The nobility adopted Greek fashions in dress, ornament and military equipment, spreading it to the other tribes.Thracian kings were among the first to be Hellenized.The Thracians were also known for their singers and musicians. Orpheus is Thracian. The Thracian culture enriched by the lively cultural exchange with the neighbouring peoples.

The Thracians fought many battles in the hills as they were experts in handling the pelta and the javelin,so in that way the roman legions and the macedonian phalanx units were in disadvantage.The woodlands of Thrace weren't only essential for military purpose,but also they were a source needed for building ships.The woods were a major reason whay the Athenians took so much trouble to maintain good relations with the Thracians as they were crucial to the survival of the Athenian fleet.

With the rest of the tribes united Odrysian Kingdom can become a major power as the Thracians are already feared by the romans and greeks.These fearous warlike people have mastered the art of war for ages and they will not bow easily to a king that isn't of Thracian origin.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Odrysian General - made by RS II Team

Levy Phalangites
    -made by Asgaroth

Bastarne
    - made by RS II Team

Swordsmen Warband
    - made by RS II Team

Dacian Swordsmen - made by Algaman & Milner

Dacian Hoplites - made by Variagmod

Scordisci Infantry - made by RSII Team

Slingers - made by Asgaroth

Falxmen - made by Variagmod

Agrianian Infantry - made by RSII

Getae Archers - made by Variagmod

Warband Huntsmen - made by RSII Team

Thracian Peltasts- made by Variagmod

Prodomoi Cavalry - made by Asgaroth

Barbarian Light Cavalry- made by Variagmod

Paeonian Cavalry- made by RSII Team

Additional information :

UI cards :
    will be added in time

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

SELEUCID EMPIRE(presented to the public on 28.5.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    The death of Alexander the Great brought dissolution to his empire almost before his corpse was cold. It may have been the largest empire the world had ever seen, but it proved fragile once the man himself was gone. His generals fought for control of what remained, but none of these Diadochi, or successors, was strong enough to be a new Alexander.

The empire fragmented, and Seleucia was one of the splinter kingdoms, held together by the descendants of Seleucus, one of Alexander’s able lieutenants. Seleucus I came close to seizing the throne of Macedonia too, but was murdered before he could achieve this ambition. There have been tensions with Macedonia and Egypt ever since despite occasional marriages between the ruling houses of these states.

The Seleucids hold the former Babylonian provinces of Alexander’s empire, an area of ancient cities and rich farmlands along the Tigris. (As an historical aside, the later Seleucid capital city of Ctesiphon is now under a suburb of Baghdad in Iraq; the earlier capital, Seleucia, was on the other river bank). This region also sits on the trade routes to the mysterious east, something that generates large revenues for the Seleucid kingdom. This, combined with the manpower and military expertise that are available, could make the Seleucids into masters of much of the known world. A Greek-Persian empire, combining the best of both systems as Seleucus tried to do, could be formidable indeed, and perhaps unstoppable.

Faction in game status :

we haven't received the pictures yet

Faction units :

Seleucid General - made by RS II Team

Greek Levy Phalangites
    -made by Asgaroth

Chalkaspides(bronze shield) phalangites - made by Asgaroth

Chrysaspides(golden shield phalangites)- made by Asgaroth

Argyraspides phalangites(silver shield phalangites)- made by Asgaroth

Thorakitai infantry - made by RS II Team

Seleucid legionaires - made by KLA

Royal hypaspists - made by Asgaroth

Galatian Swordsmen - made by RS II team

Eastern Levy Spermen- made by Ferres

Judean Spearmen - made by Ferres

Cilician Pirates - repainted by Asgaroth, made by Algaman & Milner

Persian archers - made by Ferres

Judean Slingers - made by Milner

Greek peltasts - made by Asgaroth

Gastraphetes - made by EXGM

Greek Archers - made by Asgaroth

Median cavalry - made by Asgaroth

Indian Armored Elephants - made by Asgaroth & Milner

Saka Horse Archers - made by Tone

Scythed Chariots - made by Tone

Seleucid Heavy Cataphract - made by KLA

Light Javelin Cavalry - made by KLA

Companion cavalry - made by Tone

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; May 30, 2013 at 04:55 AM.

Wow this mod looks spectacular, can't wait to see the other factions as they are revealed.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

didn't expect this,
    will definitely try it when done
    btw wil there be an aor?
    +rep
    Last edited by Sir Mano; March 09, 2013 at 05:33 AM.

I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Due to real life issues, Asgaroth (Mod leader) has asked me to unveil the next faction.

Kingdom Of Pontus

Banner

Symbol

Faction Info
    After the death of Alexander the Great the empire he had created tottered and fell into disarray with remarkable speed. His empire was the largest ever seen, and the generals struggled against each other for the ultimate prize that none of them was quite strong enough to attain. The Diadochi, or Successors, were only strong enough to hold together fragments of Alexander’s empire. Mithradates I, the son of Prince Mithradates of Cius, took advantage of this situation to establish a new kingdom of Pontus. He was not one of the Diadochi, but a freebooter who saw his chance and took it. In the confusion Mithradates rode to Pontus with six horsemen and made himself king. Mithradates was an able man, to say the least.\n\n
    Since then, Pontus has managed to maintain its independence from both Greek and Persian influences, even though the royal family have Persian roots. The kingdom has a good position on the Black Sea coast and the potential to expand into much of Asia Minor. Nearby lie the great trade routes from the east, a significant source of revenue. It is also home to many warlike peoples, a fact that could be exploited by expansionist rulers.

Faction in-game status

Faction Units

Kingdom Of Pontus General -made by RS II team

Early General Bodyguard - Ferres or RS II team (Will be found out and corrected)

Late General Bodyguard - Ferres or RS II team (Will be found out and corrected)

Militia Hoplites - made by Rarity & Asgaroth

Georgian Mercenary Swordsmen - made by EXGM team

levy phalangites - made by Asgaroth

Eastern Hillmen - made by Variagmod Team

Eastern Levy Spearmen - made by Ferres

Spearmen Infantry - made by Ferres

Eastern Archers - made by Ferres

Scythain HorseArchers - made by Tone

Bastarnae infantry - made by Tone

Cilician pirates - made by Algaman & Milner

Galatian swordsmen - Made by Tone

BronzeShield phalangites - made by Rarity & Asgaroth

BlackSea levy spearmen - Made by Tone

Thorakitai - Made by Tone

Slingers - Made by Tone

Scythian Chariots - Made by Tone

Pontic companion cavalry - Made by Tone

Pontic Charoit Archers - Made by Tone

Cappadocian cavalry Made by Tone

Greek Javelin Cavalry - Made by KLA & Asgaroth

Large Lithlobos - Made by RS II team

Additional Information

UI Cards
    Will be added in time

Campaign Map Models
    Will be added in time

Last edited by The Roman Republic; June 19, 2013 at 06:27 PM.

KINGDOMOF ILLYRIA(presented to the public on 10.6.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :
    The Illyrians were a group of tribes who inhabited part of the western Balkans in antiquity and the south-eastern coasts of the Italian peninsula (Messapia).The territory inhabitant by the Illyrian tribes came to be known as Illyria to Greek and Roman authors, corresponding to parts between the Adriatic Sea in the west, the Drava river in the north, the Morava river in the east and the mouth of the Vjosë river in the south.However, the name "Illyrians" as applied by the ancient Greeks to their northern neighbors may have referred to a broad, ill-defined group of peoples, and it is today unclear to what extent they were linguistically and culturally homogeneous.

About 1300 B.C. this people of Indo-European stock settled on the northern and eastern coasts of the Adriatic Sea. Included among its members were various tribes of Dalmatians and the Pannonians. Those of Illyrians who crossed the Adriatic and settled in Italy spoke the Messapic language. The Greeks established cities on the Adriatic coast of Illyria in the 7th and 6th centuries B.C., and in the 4th and 3rd, Macedonian kings conquered parts of the land.

The internal organization of the south Illyrian kingdoms points to imitation of their neighboring Greek kingdoms and influence from the Greek and Hellenistic world in the growth of their urban centers. Polybius gives as an image of society within an Illyrian kingdom as peasant infantry fought under aristocrats which he calls in Greek Polydynastae (Greek: Πολυδυνάστες) where each one controlled a town within the kingdom. The monarchy was established on hereditary lines and Illyrian rulers used marriages as a means of alliance with other powers.

The Illyrian tribes never collectively regarded themselves as 'Illyrians', and it is unlikely that they used any collective nomenclature for themselves.However, the name Illyrians seems to be the name of a specific Illyrian tribe, which was the first to come in contact with the ancient Greeks during the Bronze Age.The Illyrians formed several kingdoms in the central Balkans, and the first known Illyrian king was Bardyllis. Illyrian kingdoms were often at war with ancient Macedonia, and the Illyrian pirates were also a significant danger to neighbouring peoples. At the delta of Neretva, there was a strong Hellenistic influence on the Illyrian tribe of Daors.

Their capital was Daorson which became the main center of classical Illyrian culture.Daorson, during the 4th century BC, was surrounded by megalithic, 5 meter high stonewalls (as large as those of Mycenae in Greece), composed out of large trapeze stones blocks.The Illyrians even conquered Greek colonies on the Dalmatian islands. Queen Teuta was famous for having waged wars against the Romans. The last Illyrian kingdom was established in the 3rd century B.C. with the capital in Scodra (now Shkoder, Albania). After Dalmatia seceded from the Illyrian kingdom the Romans conquered Scodra and there established, in 168 B.C., a colony they named Illyricum.

The Illyrians are couragous and proud people that have a great tradition at sea warfare as well as high ambushing skills and they are ready to defend their homeland to the very end. On the campaign map, as the Kingdom of Illyria, you will be confronter by all sides. The Roman Repubilc to the south, the Antigonid kingdom of Macedon uprasies to try and rebuild Alexanders empire, and Illyria will probably sooner or later be of great interest to them. These are not the only concerns as the united Thracians might migrate in front of the Macedonian expansion, and as well, the celtic Gauls may search for new lands to spread in.

Faction in game status :

So Illyrians will own three regions at start : Scodra, Apollonia & Salonae

Faction units :

Illyrian militia hoplite - made by Rarity

Histrian Swordsmen - made by Halie Satanus

Scordisci Allied Infantry - made by Tone(RS Team)

Japodian Slingers - made by Asgaroth

Illyrian Peltasts - made by Algaman & Milner

Dalmataea Swordsmen - made by Milner

Daorsi Noble Swordsmen - made by Milner & Algaman

Dalmatae Noble Hoplites - made by Rarity

Liburnian Spearmen
    - made by Tone(RS Team)

Japodian Noble Spearmen - made by Rarity

Mercenary Samnite Cavalry - made by Algaman

Illyrian Light Cavalry - made by Milner

Dalmatae Light Cavalry - made by Milner

Paeonian Noble Cavalry - made by Tone(RS Team)

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

KINGDOM OF NABATAEANS(presented to the public on 15.6.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

Nabataean history goes back thousands of years, but since it is so illusive, most historians start in 586 BC, when the Babylonians under Nebuchadnezzar's leadership captured Jerusalem and the Jewish people were hauled off as captives to distant lands. During this time, Jerusalem lay deserted and destroyed. The emptying of Jewish lands provided an opportunity for the Edomites, the enemies of Judah from the south. With no one to stop them, the Edomites began packing up and moving from the barren hills of the southland into the rich abandoned lands of Judah to their north.

Most historians believe that the Nabataeans must have migrated into Edomite territory when the Edomites started their move north. However, It is now believed that the Nabataeans were living in Edomite territory long before this, and it was only when the Edomites left that the Nabataeans gained enough prominence to obtain a homeland that they could call their own.A few historians believe that the Nabataeans descended from Nabaioth, a sister of Bashemath, one of Esau's three wives. While the Edomites claimed decent from Bashemath the Nabataeans simply referred to themselves as the Nabatu, meaning 'people who draw water.

During the years that followed Alexander the Great, and that led up to the forming of the Roman Empire, the Nabataeans managed to become one of the most successful commercial societies in the Middle East. They used their knowledge of sea routes and caravan routes so that they were able to form a solid link between eastern goods and western markets. In an amazing way, they managed to take their caravans through the desert, unaffected by the local tribes who controlled wells and grazing land.

The Nabataean Empire stretched from modern-day Yemen to Damascus and from western Iraq into the Sinai Desert ... at least, according to some historians. No one is really sure how large their empire really was. That is how illusive and mysterious the Nabataeans were. While their caravans traveled widely, it is hard to be certain of the borders of their kingdom, or the extent of their travel.

While archeologists still discuss and debate the origin of the Nabataeans, it is evident that they were firmly entrenched in eastern Palestine by 300 BC. Bible scholars know of this time as the 400 silent years, when there were no prophets in Israel. History however is not silent, for during this time Greek armies swept the Middle East. A short time later, Alexander the Great's generals divided their kingdom, with Antigonus The-One-Eyed briefly in power in Syria and Ptolemy in power in Egypt.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Nabataean Hellenized Phalangites - made by Asgaroth

Desert Spearmen - made by Asgaroth

Nabataean Swordsmen - made by Asgaroth

Nabatean Noble Spearmen - made by EXGM team

Town Militia - made by Asgaroth

Thorakitai - made by Tone(RS II team)

Nabataen Slingers - made by Variagmod team

Nabataean Hellenized Peltasts - made by Asgaroth

Nabataean Archers - made by Asgaroth

Nabataean Archer Cavalry - made by Tone

Nabataean Camel Riders - made by Asgaroth

Nabataean Camel Archers - made by Asgaroth

Nabataean Desert Cavalry - made by Asgaroth

Nabataean Cataphract Cavalry - made by Tone

Nabataean Noble Cavalry
    - made by EXGM team

Indian Elephants - elephant model made by Milner, elephant crew made by Asgaroth

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; June 15, 2013 at 07:36 AM.

Something this phenominal deserves its own sub forum in my opinion, I also can't wait to see how the cataphracts will look, especially after seeing how excellent the Carthaginian roster looks.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

We want this as well, but hopefully one day you will see us there

KINGDOM OF NUMIDIA(presented to the public on 21.6.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

The name Numidia was first applied by Polybius and other historians during the third century BC to indicate the territory west of Carthage, including the entire north of Algeria as far as the river Mulucha. The latin name, "Numidia," means land of the nomads. As nomads, these people depended upon the horse for transportation. They were expert horsemen. The Numidian horsemen rode bareback, without a bridle, using their voice and a stick to guide their mounts !

Its earliest inhabitants were divided into tribes and clans and were racially indistinguishable from the other Berber inhabitants of early North Africa. From the 6th century BC points along the coast were occupied by the Carthaginians, who by the 3rd century BC had expanded into the interior as far as Theveste (Tébessa). Numidians were frequently found in the Carthaginian armies by that time. Numidia was originally divided between two tribal groups : Massyliis in Eastern Numidia with their king Massinissa and Masaesylis in Western Numidia lead by king Syphax. It is Massinissa who historically won over Syphax and unified Numidia into one kingdom. This began Numidia's most flourishing period, culturally and politically.

Numidian kings were never able to come up with decent infantry, although they did succeed in some improvement under King Syphax. During the Second Punic War he was able to obtain the services of a Roman centurion Quintus Statorius. Livy has Syphax saying his army was quite shapeless and haphazard, a mere casual mob. The cavalry was always the more effective arm of the Numidian army. Each rider being familiar with the way he was required to fight. Both cavalry squadrons and infantry companies utilized standards to rally to after an evade and would form up on these.

Numidians have strong spirits and besides that they are expert horsemen and they will defend their ancestor's lands from any invader.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Town Militia- Made by Laca

Berber desert infantry - made by Asgaroth

Desert Infantry - Made by Laca

Berber axemen - made by Asgaroth

Numidian Light Infantry - made by Laca

Numidian Auxilia - made by Laca

Numidian legionary infantry - made by Laca

Berber Archers - made by Asgaroth

Numidian Archers - Made by Milner

Numidian slingers - Made by Milner

Numidian Javelinmen - made by Hannibal Smith

Numidian cavalry - made by Hannibal Smith

African Tower Elephants - made by Hannibal Smith

African Elephants - made by Hannibal Smith

Numidian Nobles -made by Laca

Numidian camel riders - Laca

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

KINGDOM OF ARMENIA(presented to the public on 28.6.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

The majestic landscape of Armeina, dominated by Mount Ararat,is the homeland of one of the oldes civilizations in the world.The first Armenian dynasty was that of the Ervanduni,but it was a short-lived sovereignty, for the Ervanduni were soon subjugated to the rule of Darius I, who shared out their territory between the two satrapies, the XIII and the XVIII, of his administrative system.Thus, among the twenty-three populations dominated by Darius were the Armenians, alongside the Medes and the Susians, in Adapadana of Persepolis.

Armenia regained independence after the death of Alexander the Macedonian, when the monarchy of the latter was split into many parts. After the Seleucid Empire was defeated by the Romans in 190 BC in the Battle of Magnesia Artaxias I took the opportunity to declare his Armenian territory independent of Seleucid rule. He annexed the neighboring Armenian highlands and established a new capital at Artaxata. Much of the prosperity of the Kingdom of Armenia is attributed to the strategic position of Artaxata on the Black Sea trade routes. This made trade with distant nations such as India and Bactria convenient.

Eventhough Armenia gained independance and is now a kingdom, the influence of the Greek civilization is still present in its religion,military organisation and it is even present in small amounts of the Armenian culture. Militarily, cavalry is of essential importance in the Armenian army since it is considered as the most important part and pride of the warrior. Cavalry is mostly composed of heavy units such as cataphracts,chariots and the elite Azatavrear cavalry. Among the other armenian infantry greek influence can be seen as there is use of phalanx units.Armenian infantry also have good supporting units as the armenian archers were later well known to the romans because of their deadly accurate arrows.

To the north Sarmatian tribes are lurking the Armenian Kingdom, to the south the mighty Seleucid Empire is becoming stronger,but still it is a wealthy land to expand in.The Kingdom of Pontus and Atropatene are seeking dominion over Armenian lands and are of great danger to the Armenian Kingdom.However Armenia has a long history of warfare and army composed of strong cavalry suported by greek styled units,so it is ready to become the center of a massive empire.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Armenian General - made by Ferres

Eastern Spearmen Infantry - made by Ferres

Caucasian levy Spearmen -made by Tone

Georgian Allied Swordsmen
    - made by EXGM team

Eastern Levy Spermen - made by Ferres

Eastern Hillmen - made by Variagmod team

Armenian Legionaries - made by Ferres

Eastern Axemen - made by Ferres

Armenian nakharars (foot nobles)- made by Tone

Azat Kardaka(Armenian Royal Phalangites) - made by Ferres

Slingers - made by Tone

Greek Peltasts - made by Ferres

Alan Horse Archers - made by Algaman & Milner

Scythian Archers - made by Milner & Algaman

Eastern Archers - made by Ferres

Heavy Cataphracts - made by Ferres

Cataphract Archers
    - made by Ferres

Median Cavalry - made by Asgaroth

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; June 28, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Tiro

15 out of 21 factions were changed. So if you keep (quite obviously) one Roman faction, Carthage, Macedon, the Seleucid Empire, the Ptolemaean Empire and the Slave Faction/Free People, all other factions were changed. I'm quite impressed.
    The question remains, how much the other factions have changed. Are they just one tribe out of a previous faction (e.g. Gaul -> Aedui/Arverni, Germania -> Sweboz, Britons -> Casse/Iceni, Iberia -> Lusotan, Numidia -> Massylia, Greek City States -> Sparta/Syracuse/Pergamon/less probable Epeiros when I look at the starting date), are they a fusion of previous factions (e.g. Dacia + Thrace -> Getai) or are they totally different factions (e.g. Illyria, Bactria, Saba, Saka Rauka, Galatia, Bythinia).
    Last edited by The_Judge; March 09, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

ARVERNI CONFEDERATION(presented to the public on 7.7.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

Sometimes between BC 12th and 8th centuries, the Arverni left Germany, which was their previous home,and settled a territory in the heartland of Gaul. Their Land included the headwaters of numerous rivers including the Cher, Creuse, Vienne, Dordogne, and Indren. The Arverni tribe, who claimed the descent from the Trojans, had a large number of horse warriors and buried their dead in tumuli. In later years they minted coins.

By BC 4th century the Arverni belonged to a confederation of related tribes led at the time by Ambicatus of the Bituriges. The confederation included the Aedui, Ambarri, Andes, Arverni, Aulecri, Bituriges, Carnuti, Cenomani, Insubres, Lingones and Senones tribes. In 391 BC, two swarms of young male and female warriors from the confederation were led to new lands. Bellovesus led his warriors over the Alps to northern Italy and Segovesus took his people through the Hercynian Forest of Germany, Austria, Hungary and fromer Yugoslavia.

In BC 120, Bituitus took 20 000 warriors andavenged the Salyes who have been attacked ny the Romans. In BC 103, the Cimbri and Teutoni laid them under siege when they passed through their territory. In BC 58, the Arverni and the Sequani invited German tribes to help them in the war against the Aedui for supremacy over Gaul. All three tribes claimed to descend from the Trojan(Goidel).

In BC 52 the carnuti captured the Roman town of Cenabum which inspired their great Celtic hero Vercingetorix to rise an army to drive out the Roman invaders. The Arverni defeated the Roman in a pitched battle of Gergovia, their oppidum. The Arverni, Cadurci, Gabali and Vellavi tribes supplied 35 000 warriors from the relief army of Alesia under the command of Comm of the Atrebates. Another Arverni chiftain, Vercassivellaunus, became a hero during the battle of Alesia. During the battle, warriors from the Arverni and gabali tribes were sent into the territory of the Helvii to burn their crops and deprive the Romans of possible food.

The Arverni were a tribe who suffered greatly in their attempt to stay free. Their warriors were fighting against a well-disciplined army of professional soldiers who were better armed and organized. The Arverni were wise enough to adopt a hit-and-hide technique of warfare.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Arverni general - made by RS II team

Arverni Spearmen - made by Tone(RS Team)

Helvetii Swordsmen Warband - made by Tone(RS Team)

Celtic Sword Warband - made by Variagmod Team

Naked Fanatics - made by Tone(Rs Team)....WARNING = NUDE CONTENT !

Celtic Clubmen - made by Tone(RS Team)

Berserkers - made by Variagmod Team

Celtic Druids - made by Rarity & Asgaroth

Arverni Noble Swordsmen - made by Tone(RS Team)

Arverni Noble Spearmen - made by Tone(RS Team)

Skirmisher Warband - made by Tone(RS Team)

Celtic Slingers
    - made by Alagman & Milner

Celtic Huntsmen Archers- made by Tone(RS II Team)

Forester Warband
    - made by the CA

Barbarian Light Cavalry - made by Variagmod team

Celtic Noble Cavalry - made by Tone(RS II team)

Celtic Warguard Cavalry- made by Variagmod Team

Heavy Chariots - made by Halie Satanus & Asgaroth

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

CIMBRI CONFEDERATION(presented to the public on 13.7.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

The forests of Germania are dark and deep, and home to many brooding gods and malign forces. Some of this darkness, this menace, can be found in the people of the forests, men not easily tamed or turned to gentle pursuits. They are born to war, savage in battle, unforgiving of insults, implacable when feuding, and cruel in victory. Their gods are terrible and demand hideous sacrifices of men, women and children. This much, at least, the scribes of civilized lands believe to be true.

The Cimbri were a confederation of Germanic tribes in antiquity that hailed from modern day Germany and Denmark.The Cimbri, a tribe from Northern Europe, who, together with the Teutones and the Ambrones threatened the Roman Republic in the late 2nd century BC. The Cimbri were probably Germanic, though some believe them to be of Celtic origin. The ancient sources located their original home in Jutland, in present-day Denmark, which was referred to as the Cimbrian peninsula throughout antiquity.

The Germans are much like their Celtic neighbours, but with their own distinctive styles of dress, their own language and their own ways. They are a confederation of people who speak the same tongue and honour the same warlike and harsh gods rather than a nation. Their constant feuding amongst themselves make them distrusting of strangers and difficult allies. Warlords rise and fall among them almost continuously, and the difficult conditions in their homeland make sure that they have few large towns. Peace is almost unknown to them, except when won with an axe or sword.

All of this has produced a race of warriors second to none. The Germans may not be sophisticated fighters, but they are cunning, clever, and do not know the meaning of fear. Ambush and treachery they understand in full, along with vengeance and the importance of leaving no enemy alive. They are a vigorous people, a people who could be great across the whole of the world. All they need is leadership, and the chance to fight!

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Cimbri general - made by Tone (RS II Team)

Cimbri Swordsmen - made by Roma Surrectum team(Tone)

Spear Warband - made by Tone(RS team)

Teutones swordsmen- made by Tone

Cimbri Pikemen - made by Rarity

Cimbri Noble Swordsmen - made by Variagmod team

Cimbri Heavy Axemen - made by Rarity

Clubmen - made by Asgaroth( inspired by Tone )

Axe Warband - made by Macedonian

Berserkers - made by the CA

Naked Fanatics - made by Tone(RS Team) WARNING- NUDE CONTENT

Teutones Heavy Archers - made by Variag mod team

Forest Warband - made by Macedonian

Huntsmen Archers - made by Tone

Skirmisher Warband - made by Tone(RS Team)

Barbarian slingers - made by Asgaroth (original 3D model from Algaman for Gauls)

Barbarian Light Cavalry - made by Variagmod team

Cimbri Noble Cavalry - made by Tone(RS II team)

Warguard Cavalry
    - made by Asgaroth

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; July 13, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

AORSI CONFEDERATION(presented to the public on 20.7.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

The Sarmatians emerged in the 7th century BC in a region of the steppe to the east of the Don River and south of the Ural Mountains in Eastern Europe. For centuries they lived in relatively peaceful co-existence with their western neighbors the Scythians. Then in the 3rd century BC they spilled over the Don to attack the Scythians on the Pontic steppe to the north of the Black Sea. The main tribes of the Sarmatians were the Iazyges, the Roxolani, the Aorsi and the Siraces. The easternmost of the Sarmatian tribes were the Aorsi that settled down in a region around the lower Volga River ,as far east as the Aral Sea goes. In the second century B.C. they occupied the steppes between the northern coast of the Caspian Sea and the Don and moved south to the Caucasus.

The Aorsi originally lived north of the Aral or Caspian Sea. In about the second century B.C. they occupied the steppes between the northern coast of the Caspian Sea and the Don and moved south to the Caucasus. They were warlike nomadic cattle raisers and actively participated in the caravan trade between the peoples of the Transcaucasus, the Bosporus state, and Middle Asia. Led by their tribal chiefs (tsars), they participated in the civil wars of the Bosporus state of the first century B.C. to the first century A.D. During the second century A.D., the Aorsi joined the alliance of Sarmatian tribes led by the Alani. They were the strong and skillful cavalry soldiers. The Greek geographer Strabo of the first centuries BCE and CE recorded that in about 65 BCE they had 200,000 horsemen serving under King Spadines, a much larger cavalry than that of the Sarmatian Siraces living to their south.

The religious practices were consistant among the Sauro-Sarmatian nomads. They were typical of the clan-tribal cults of pre-Zoroastrian Iran. The gods were personified. Those gods of nature were the sky, the earth, and fire. Gods pertaining to social concepts were the domestic hearth and war. The evidence of fire cult practices is exemplified by charcoal and ashes found in the burials. The Siraci and the Aorsi, living on the shores of the Black Sea, were in relations with the Greeks since the middle of the first century B.C. Later, when the Alans occupied the region inhabited by the Aorsi, the latter mixed up with them, and the tribal name Alanorsi recalls their merger. The Sarmatians were well known in Asia. The Sarmatians adopted the dragon motive from the Han Empire of China. The image of the dragon was brought to Britain when the Roman Emperor Marcus Aureleus sent 5500 Sarmatian warriors to Britain to guard against the attacks by the Celts of northern Britain. Aorsi are in the Chinese sources called by the name "Yen-Ts'ai".

The Aorsi constituted the biggest tribe. After their secession from the tribal confederation, they settled in the north of the Bosporan Kingdom at the Sea of Azov and conquered nearly the entire Ukraine, Belarus and the territories of the principality Novgorod. In the 3rd century AD, they were finally defeated by the Goths. On the campaign map the Confederation of Aorsi will have prosperous land to spread in around their territory. However soon the Medians of Atropatene kingdom may pose a hreat threat if they start to expand norther as well as the Armenians. If the Aorsi start to conquer early, they have a chance to expand into a great empire.

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Sarmatian general - made by Milner & Algaman

Sarmatian Levy Spearmen- made by Tone

Slingers - made by Tone

Scythian archers - made by Milner & Algaman

Scythian Foot Nobles- made by Algaman & Milner

Roxolani Armored Horse Archers - made by Algaman & Milner

Roxolani Noble Cavalry - made by Algaman & Milner

Scythian Noble Horse Archers - Made by Algaman & Milner

Scythian Light Cavalry - made by Tone

Sarmatian Noblewomen - made by KLA

Alan Horse Archers - made by asgaroth

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

REPUBLIC OF ROME(presented to the public on 06.8.2013)

Banner:

symbol :

Faction description :

Rome is a place where tradition and history count for much. The legends of the city’s founding are important, and the powerful patrician families are directly descended from the first followers of Romulus. These heroic times demanded harsh, decisive action, and this is a tradition that the often-conservative Romans have maintained to this day. The Romans, are people for whom politics and war are all or nothing affairs.

The evolution of the Constitution of the Roman Republic was heavily influenced by the struggle between Rome's land-holding aristocracy (the patricians), who traced their ancestry back to the early history of the Roman kingdom, and the far more numerous citizen-commoners, the plebeians. Over time, the laws that gave Patricians exclusive rights to Rome's highest offices were repealed or weakened, and a new aristocracy emerged from among the plebeian class. The leaders of the Republic developed a strong tradition and morality requiring public service and patronage in peace and war, meaning that military and political success were inextricably linked.

The Senate's ultimate authority derives from the esteem and prestige of the Senate. This esteem and prestige is based on both precedent and custom, as well as the high calibre and prestige of the Senators. The focus of the Roman Senate was directed towards foreign policy. Though it technically has no official role in the management of military conflict, the Senate ultimately is the force that oversees such affairs.

Life in the Roman Republic revolves around the city of Rome. Throughout the territory under Rome's control, residential architecture ranges from very modest houses to country villas and the vast majority of the population lives in the city center, packed into apartment blocks. Most Roman towns and cities have a forum and temples and Roman civilization is spread throughout the Apennin Peninsula.

The city of Rome, the eternal city forged in blood, destined to greatness and favored by the Gods. The city of Romulus. After hundreds of years of war the Italian peninsula was mostly under Roman control but now it is endangered by all sides.To the north Gaul migrations threatenen the Roman border and across the Adriatic sea Illyrian pirates seek for gold and wealth attacking roman merchant ships.In Africa a mighty power arises under the command of Hannibal Barca himself.Will Rome allow roman blood to be shed or will roman commanders once more take up the golden eagle and sword and march onward for the glory of Rome ?

Faction in game status :

Faction units :

Roman general - made by Ferres

Rorarii - Prometheus ts

Triarii - made by Algaman

Hastati - made by Algaman

Principes - made by Tone(RS team)

Early Republican Legionary- made by Algaman

Roman Legionary Second Cohort - made by Ferres

Cohort Praetoria - made by Algaman & Asgaroth

Principes Cohort - made by Prometheus ts

Samnite Swordsmen - made by Halie Satanus

Celtiberian Auxilia Spearmen - made by Algaman

Samnite spear infantry - made by Rarity

Velites - made by Algaman

Sardinian Archers - made by RS II Team

Cretan Auxilia Sagitarii - made by Tone

Balearic slingers - made by Milner

Roman Antesignani
    - made by RS II team

Large Lithlobos - made by RS II team

Balista
    - made by the CA , crew by Roma Surrectum team

Scorpion - made by CA

Equites Romani(Pre Marian) - made by Tone

Allied Campanian Cavalry - made by Tone

Republican Equites - made by Algaman

Cohort Praetoria Cavalry - made by Algaman & Asgaroth

Allied Samnite Cavalry - made by Algaman

Additional information :

UI cards :

Campaign map models :
    will be added in time

Last edited by Asgaroth; August 06, 2013 at 05:54 AM.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

Yes there will be. (alot more information will revealed as we progress.)
    AOR like area of recruitment ?

I think that we talk about the mercenary barracks and their function in the game.
    yes I meant that
    seems interesting that mercenary system,
    will it be like you can recruit them in the field but retrain them in cities?
    Thank you for the nice comments, and yes it does seem very unexpected as we have been working in private
    well you deserve it
    btw, thank you guys for the nice comments !
    no prob
    btw I like the units and intro
    and did the cathagians even have indian elephants?
    Last edited by Sir Mano; March 10, 2013 at 06:33 AM.

I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

Hi there Sir Mano, I am glad to see you here again.

well you deserve it
    Thanks !

When we release the mod we can easily go to any part of the forums. I have nothing against being here until then.

btw I like the units and intro
    Yes, the units are beautiful. A lot of moders here on the TWC made excellent units, so I just picked up the ones I liked and I gave them credits for their work.

I also wanted people not to forget them as those guys made a lot of mods special with their units , so I wanted to present their work in our mod to.

The intro was recorded and made by my friend Dictator. I just gave detailed instructions how to do it. For every little thing done in our mod you can check the VVVTW TEAM CREDITS AND MEMBERS and there you will find a very detailed credit list. This can also help you see who do you need to credit for their work if you want to. I just wanted to be fair to my team, so I don't receive credits for their work.

Every faction will have an intro video. So you will have 20 intro videos in the game.

note :

Your questions have been answered in the question part in the OP(my first post here).

I hope that I helped you with the answers.

When you have anything on your mind that you want to know about the mod and I can reveal I will answer you, just shoot away. Some things I can't answer like what factions will be in the game as the plan is to reveal one at a time although all are finished.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

Your questions have been answered in the question part in the OP(my first post here).
    ok thanks answering me and clearing things up
    and is there any sig i could use?
    EDIT: nvm just saw yours
    Last edited by Sir Mano; March 10, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

ok thanks answering me and clearing things up
    No problems.

If you ever have any questions just post here and be sure that I will answer as soon as I can.

and is there any sig i could use?
    haha, but then you have my name in you signature. If you like it use it.

However I have uploaded one great signature made by our good friend Gerula 666.

Take a look at the OP, I think that you will find it attractive. And I have placed two sizes of it because I don't know which size is the right one.

Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast