Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lanaryu Province Lp Episode 18/19 June 20th

Senator

Default Lanaryu Province Lp Episode 18/19 June 20th

Hello guys! As promised, here's my new Let's Play for Hyrule Total War as Lanayru Province!

I hope you like the Thumbnail and the nice intro!

Default Re: Lanaryu Province Lp with Lortano!

Yay New LP! Looking good so far, at least with Lanayru you can mass produce conscripts to help fight Hyrule stack spams

Quote Originally Posted by Saria's Vanguard View Post
    Hyrule stack spams
    Oh... my.... god.... I think I know who Hyrule's AI is...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by N0hbdy View Post
    Oh... my.... god.... I think I know who Hyrule's AI is...

well... can't edit and the image is broke even though it worked in the preview so my apologies, the joke was a pic of this guy: http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/Zapp_Brannigan

Hmm the pic was broken but now it works, either way its pretty funny, yeah i could see Zapp leading the army

Senator

It's rare that the player can have fun with some stack spam goodness!
    Although I'm more of a quality over quantity guy when it comes to my troops!

Senator

New episode!

This means war...

I look foreword to the next LP.

D:
    Lortano! Why aren't you forging alliances? Factions are less likely to screw with you if you have allies. And then you don't have to leave your towns weak and undefended, which provokes ai to attack them.
    You could ally the weaker factions to kill em off easily in case they turn on you. For example, I always hand off one of the regions bordering enemies to the wizzrobes or ikanians.
    Sooner or later Ordona will attack you if you claim most of hyrules lands. Oh! And don't underestimate Ghome. They start churning out massive amounts of arma, trapdoor, and tank ghoma after ~ twenty turns. Luckily you can easo;y counter them with the ballistae.
    Good episode! :wink:

Senator

That's a fair point, I'll likely ally with the Kokiri and Hyrule and the Zora, and then destroy the gorons, their mining income should help nicely. I'm also going to take provinces that won't be attacked in a River Zora invasion, ie the goron settlements.
    Nice tip about the Gohma, although in all of my campaigns they have never attacked Lanayru.

Senator

Ok... here's episode 4 and 5...please don't get mad about the situation in Episode 5..

Default Re: Lanaryu Province Lp New Episodes 06 March!

Ruins are bugged so you can't upgrade them

Interesting development so far. The most likely reason you failed to make allies is you're seen as a "weak" faction. Hyrule, Ordona, Sheikah, and maybe wizzrobes? are all allied so the ai counts them as really powerful in comparison and thus less likely to accept your terms. Try allying the incredibly weak factions if you can. (wizzrobes, sheikah, darknuts, moblin, zolas, ikana and deku tribes are usually some of the weakest).
    Hell, you can aim for Ordona too. That way if Hyrule back stabs you (like always >:l) they'll lose one of their major alliances.
    And gorons shouldn't be fought head on or with equal numbers. They have very powerful infantry, second only to the darknuts in my experience. Outnumbering and flanking them is one of the few ways I can ever beat them. Balistae help greatly if you're defending a bridge or you want to take out their general.

Here's some info from a guide:
    Defence: This is separated into three different things: Armor, Shield, and
    Defence skill. These three parts of defence are used differently depending uponthe situation. Defence upgrades increase armor (the best type of defence).Frontal Attacks are against the entire defence number (shield + skill + armor).Side Attacks reduce the shield bonus by 50% (.5shield + skill + armor). Bear inmind that attacking the side of a group is not always a good idea, as you endup bottlenecking the forces (if this is your goal, further bear in mind thatthe enemy can easily turn their forces).Rear Attacks are against Armor only - a great target for cavalry charges.

Oh yeah! I was going to comment this on episode four but I ran out of space (damn you youtube!). Some people have mentioned that building more atchtowers reduces the amount of rebels that spawn. Not sure if there's any truth to this but meh. Watchtowers are always helpful.

When you can't build the excavation site anymore. You destroy the excavation site, and start to excavation the ruins again. repeat as needed. I got several Artifacts and 3 Armos that way.

Too bad armos have such a big upkeep rather than the zero they are supposed to have

Senator

Episode 6 will be up tonight, I promise. You will be seeing me establish my government in exile, and prepare for the long war against the Gorons....with a little help from my friends!

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

Boy do I hate the Gorons. Those overpowered scum. I wish you the best of luck in crushing their forces.
    I wouldn't count on any help from Hyrule. I was in the same situation during my campaign as Lanayru and they didn't lift a finger to aid me. I think they're only interested in the money they can take from you. The Zora might be of some help though, since they look to be at war with the Gorons. Don't expect them to be anything but self-interested though.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    Interesting development so far. The most likely reason you failed to make allies is you're seen as a "weak" faction. Hyrule, Ordona, Sheikah, and maybe wizzrobes? are all allied so the ai counts them as really powerful in comparison and thus less likely to accept your terms. Try allying the incredibly weak factions if you can. (wizzrobes, sheikah, darknuts, moblin, zolas, ikana and deku tribes are usually some of the weakest).
    Hell, you can aim for Ordona too. That way if Hyrule back stabs you (like always >:l) they'll lose one of their major alliances.
    And gorons shouldn't be fought head on or with equal numbers. They have very powerful infantry, second only to the darknuts in my experience. Outnumbering and flanking them is one of the few ways I can ever beat them. Balistae help greatly if you're defending a bridge or you want to take out their general.

Here's some info from a guide:
    Defence: This is separated into three different things: Armor, Shield, and
    Defence skill. These three parts of defence are used differently depending uponthe situation. Defence upgrades increase armor (the best type of defence).Frontal Attacks are against the entire defence number (shield + skill + armor).Side Attacks reduce the shield bonus by 50% (.5shield + skill + armor). Bear inmind that attacking the side of a group is not always a good idea, as you endup bottlenecking the forces (if this is your goal, further bear in mind thatthe enemy can easily turn their forces).Rear Attacks are against Armor only - a great target for cavalry charges.

Oh yeah! I was going to comment this on episode four but I ran out of space (damn you youtube!). Some people have mentioned that building more atchtowers reduces the amount of rebels that spawn. Not sure if there's any truth to this but meh. Watchtowers are always helpful.
    In my experience, I don't think AI has ever chosen me over a prior alliance, especially the KoH, Ordona, and Sheikah trio. This is even when my empire is twice the size of theirs and Im trustworthy+ (even on immaculate).

Senator

Never try to predict the AI on an unfinished mod! At least in base medieval 2 you knew that the AI would betray you! Anyway, I apologise for the delay, I lost 15 mins of boring footage, so a new episode will be going up as soon as my Tatw walkthrough video finishes it's 200 million hour upload!

Senator

New episode!

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast