Thread: Re-Naming a Faction

Default Re-Naming a Faction

Hey guys, before I start I just want to say I have no experience of modding apart from messing around with unit stats.

Ok, so my problem is I have the following fledgling empire
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

And as you can see I have drawn a red line around an area (my paint skills are unmatched
    ) and I would like to rename my faction to something like 'The Greek League' or 'The Athenian League' and was wondering how I would accomplish such a feet if it is even possible? If it is then there are other things I would like to do such as add the ability to recruit some spartan units as it will be a united Greek league. What I am kind of envisaging is a Mycenae-esque nation in the sense that I can get contingents from all around Greece in order to bolster my own ranks. The capital will probably be Knossos for personal reasons etc. Also this may be asking to much but would it be possible to add a trait such as 'King of Greece' or something to that tune. Finally these changes should be able to be applied to a current save and if they cannot be then tell me as I will abandon the idea if that is the case.

Please remember I know next to nothing about modding but this is something I would seriously be able to put time into so explain as plainly as you can.

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Default Re: Re-Naming a Faction

Go to your ROP file and then go to the data file. Then go to the text file and look for expanded_BI (note the BI does not stand for Barbarian Invasion), and start changing the faction names as you wish. However, you have to change the names of the faction in the right column (Roman_Juli Sparta, change the Sparta, you must not change Roman Juli or any of the names that sound like the vanilla faction).
    To have Spartan units, you just need to add the name of the faction in the export_descr_units and buildings. Yes all these are save compatible, but not the trait one, that is the only one that is not save compatible. Also to remember to make back up files of expanded_BI, export_descr_unit, and export_decr_building (Are you Trebudude from Inferno's stream? If you are then when we can meet up and I can
    help you step by step).

Default Re: Re-Naming a Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    Go to your ROP file and then go to the data file. Then go to the text file and look for expanded_BI (note the BI does not stand for Barbarian Invasion), and start changing the faction names as you wish. However, you have to change the names of the faction in the right column (Roman_Juli Sparta, change the Sparta, you must not change Roman Juli or any of the names that sound like the vanilla faction).
    To have Spartan units, you just need to add the name of the faction in the export_descr_units and buildings. Yes all these are save compatible, but not the trait one, that is the only one that is not save compatible. Also to remember to make back up files of expanded_BI, export_descr_unit, and export_decr_building (Are you Trebudude from Inferno's stream? If you are then when we can meet up and I can
    help you step by step).
    Thanks very much, when I get back to my PC I shall endeavour to make those changes and will posts my results, and yes I am that Trebudude of Inferno's Stream although as of late I have not really visited his twitch

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)