Thread: Man that cavalry ruined my credit history!!

Default Man that cavalry ruined my credit history!!

Just edited unit files making my cavalry cost less. For some factions very expensive cavalry costs ruins economy from the start . I edited cavalry cost to be more in line with Vanilla values. I can actually play the game without falling to bankruptcy now . I made elite infantry cost less as well. I also RR/RC installed in case anyone wonders why units stats differ from original BC.

Here is the file
    Attached Files Attached Files

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Man that cavalry ruined my credit history!!

Is this a submod? Are you posting this on someone's request?

Under the patronage of m_1512

You may call it a submod , but i only changed upkeep rates. I am sure quite a few people will enjoy lower unit upkeep, especially for cavalry.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

If that's a submod, then change the thread's title, please, and I'll move it to the Submod forum.

Under the patronage of m_1512

My latest EDU already has modified costs.

can you link your latest EDU

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    If that's a submod, then change the thread's title, please, and I'll move it to the Submod forum.
    Cant change topic name , dont know how .

Saw your latest edu , some units still expensive and some surprisingly cheap, wonder how it affects economy for different factions. My upkeep is kinda similar to M2tw' s upkeep .

Yor new submod crashes at startup. Loading screen pops up for a sec and then exits the game.

When you reach 25 posts you can edit your posts.

If you have a problem with my submod, post in its thread. Also, read the BC Bug Report rules, because what you've said tells me almost nothing.

Shogun007.

Although I approve of some Submods like All area faction units and I have raised the amount of arrows for Elite Archer units, what you've done just sounds like cheating lol.

You have to win kingdoms on guile, good decisions and better generalship and understanding of your factions strengths and your enemies weaknesses, included is building a sound economy and managing it well.

This is the whole essence of the game, what you've done is circumvented that by allowing yourself to buy bigger, badder and better units than the AI without merit, effectively having the riches of a Kingdom before you've actually won one.

Oh well different strokes I guess but it's not for me.

I am not playing BC anymore but decided to check on my old posts. My Edu makes it easier to manage your armies at the beginning when many factions have starting armies with lots of very expensive cavalry units . I played every faction some more some less, upkeep is way too high and should be lowered . My EDU wont bring fast paced Vanilla battles and unit recruitment i havent touched it. Any mod even the best one is far far away from realism because it doesnt include many things, we have bunch of generic castles/towns and they all look the same , we dont care about army provisions units cannot withdraw without losing half of an army (we cant control it AI decides it) and there are so many other things that make TW series unrealistic but fast paced and fun. Lots of mods dont understand that and they go to extremes like Roma Surrectum where you keep charging you cataphracts into defending peasant army till horses get tired and clock runs out. Anyway to each their own, we play it how we like it.

Your EDU appears to be my EDU with changed costs.

Your Edu belonged to BC before you edited it. and BC team got stuff from Total War devs. Arent we all thieves in a way =)

Except some of us thieves acknowledged those we stole from.