Thread: Freeze at Start of Game

Default Freeze at Start of Game

Open Steam Client > Open Launcher > Settings > Close Launcher > Run Shogun 2 by Shortcut on desktop

What am I doing wrong? Steam also had me run some sort of weird cleanup that I've never seen before, was that meant to happen?

Default Re: Freeze at Start of Game

Anyone? Incredibly wanting to play this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by AllianceDeath View Post
    Anyone? Incredibly wanting to play this mod.
    I have a similar problem - the mod freezes at the first loading screen and crashes to desktop

this is with the 5.0 version, I have played a previous version with no problems (can't remeber which though)

what version of shogun II is DM 5.0 compatible with? maybe that's the problem

I'm having the same problem

Same here, need help please.

all versions from v4.0 are not loaded. Please give a list of possible solutions!!!

In your data folder, delete all files with the word "patch" in the file name. including shader_ ... literally all "patch" files.

I know this sounds shady, but this fix is from a separate thread i found... will post it... worked for me. was having issues with other mods aside from darth.

EDIT:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...screen-(FIXED)

Okay according to this user he didnt delete "patch" movies or "patch" shader files, but I did and havent had any issues lol.

Cheers
    Last edited by Moonflower; April 09, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    In your data folder, delete all files with the word "patch" in the file name. including shader_ ... literally all "patch" files.

I know this sounds shady, but this fix is from a separate thread i found... will post it... worked for me. was having issues with other mods aside from darth.

EDIT:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...screen-(FIXED)

Okay according to this user he didnt delete "patch" movies or "patch" shader files, but I did and havent had any issues lol.

Cheers

Thanks a lot. You gave very right decisions. But it did not work in my case. I have "Shogun2" Rise of Samurai russian localisation pirat version. May be the thing is in it.)

Hi

I registered to say this mod looks awesome, but I also get the startup crash. Other mods work fine.

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post

*snip*
    Cheers
    All hail Plankton ^^
    That saved me a bunch of work, as I tried to re-activate my game after a year of abstinence Steam started to fiddle around with all files and repacked all of them..should have deleted the whole thing right away, would have been much faster in the end. Yet, deleting the *patch* files did the trick as well.

At least the folder now looks clean with all that millions of patches gone.

ty again
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

please what is the latest patch compatible with DMS 5.0 ?

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

the steam-one ? works fine with anything up to date..not for pirated stuff of course ^^
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

nobody is talking about pirated stuff, but thanks a lot lol