Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1942

Thread: Vikings (Season 5 Trailer)

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Vikings - New History Series (Season 4 trailer)

I wonder if Magnus in the show is the norwegian king "Magnus the Good" mixed with Fairhair's son "Håkon the Good"

Håkon was raised in England and went on to be King of Norway after Fairhair. While Magnus was the first scandinavian royal of that name (named after Charlemagne) And they made a bit too much point about it to be coincidence. Both were raised in exile and went on to be kings.

On account of Fairhair. His son Eirik Bloodaxe might make an appearance.
    Last edited by Påsan; April 23, 2016 at 07:49 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yes I think I saw Rollo standing next to Beorn.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Sounds like something big is coming....

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

That looks like a repeat of the casting call that went out last year.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

Which became the first attack on Paris I guess...

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Default Re: Vikings - New History Series (Season 4B trailer)

I just saw this on FB and immediatly wanted to post it, but you went ahead

Anyway. Nice trailer and it explains why in the last Trailer we saw Rollo with Björn. The more i see with the Trailers i have the feeling that Ragnar will use his death intentional to trigger a viking rage that overcomes England. Maybe he hopes to come to Walhalla this way

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Blog Entries

Two things.

One; I hope the amount of new character (Ragnars sons) have enough sub plots to bring the early flow of the series back. Last season had way too much filler.

Two: I really hope that give Ragnar a good sending off, not in terms of his fate. I think we all know how that's going to go, but I hope it's done well. He's been one of the best character portrayals I've seen in a tv show, he deserves a solid demise. I have a feeling 'spirit' Ragnar might help in that respect, as in, I don't think all those scenes were a living Ragnar.

Patrician

I have like no expectations outside of what I saw in the trailer. So I will probably be satisfied.
    It is good that this season is coming out now since I am just finishing Hell on Wheels.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Does someone recoqnizes what kind of army the one in 1:25 min is? They seem to be on the viking side but that banner is utterly strange. I thought the sources clearly describe the big heathen army with raven banners.

By seeing this trailers i just ask myself why from all ancient cultures it should be Persians which are hated and nobody ever trying building something about ancient persia?!
    I saw many movies about Egypt,Greek,Rome,China,Japan,...even ancient south Americans but nothing about Persia!Absolute nothing!
    I know that most of this is because of current political situations but still can't believe this.
    Any way nice serial after all.It seems very polished and accurate.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Patrician

I dunno I think Persians are bad ass as . Would watch a show about Cyrus and Darius.
    Actually there isn't anything on Greece (basically just 300), Egypt (old 1950's and 60's movies) or Japan (I mean unless you count James Clavell's Shogun or one episode of the BBC Warrior series or I guess the Last Samurai).

No idea what that army is. I didn't even know the Vikings/Danelaw/Heathen Army had cavalry.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I dunno I think Persians are bad ass as . Would watch a show about Cyrus and Darius.
    Actually there isn't anything on Greece (basically just 300), Egypt (old 1950's and 60's movies) or Japan (I mean unless you count James Clavell's Shogun or one episode of the BBC Warrior series or I guess the Last Samurai).

No idea what that army is. I didn't even know the Vikings/Danelaw/Heathen Army had cavalry.
    Japan has its Taiga-Drama's of which the most are quit good. Korea has also a number of good historical series. You can't expect that western television is overly interested in series about other cultures they don't understand. The most people are not as passionate as we are I think Marco Polo is a good chance, but it earned bad critics basically because the cast is "too" Asian...

The best thing would be if Iran would be interested to create some tv series on their own. But i don't know how accepted that would be to show a series about a pagan Persian ruler in Iran.

Patrician

Pretty much. It's a question of having a product that fits the market.

No body asked from westerners to build series about ancient persia.In fact i am quite happy that they don't make anything about it because don't making anything is far better than making a horrible insulting thing like 300 so don't get me wrong.
    I said that because i am angry over my countrymen.
    I meant those idiots who spend billions on series and movies about ancient Judia and Arabia and don't want to spent even a penny on something related to ancient persia.
    I meant those who ferociously saying that ancient persia should cut off from the Iranian history books and teach the people only the history of the Bedouins and the fathers of modern terrorism!
    That is annoy me not anything else.
    Edit : But i think i spent enough time on off topic things.
    So let forget about this.
    I humbly ask forgiveness for this distraction everybody.
    Last edited by Ariamanesh; July 24, 2016 at 02:50 PM. Reason: excuse for off topic things.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

So i am still trying to figure out what kind of army we have at 1:25. The strange pattern on the banners appears on several occasions. Are they the same like the ones flying over the pier of Kattegat in this clip and some of those flying when we see the Ragnarssons? It is not clear but i believe they are even on the longships of ragnar in the trailer.

And who comes to mind? My closest guess would be something like Irish or Scotish.

I am still asking myself if we see Björn sailing to the mediterranean in this season. At least in the battle scenes he seems to be in England. But those guys look nowhere Arab or Byzantine. Could they be Lombard? My guess is if it would really go to the mediterranean we would have seen Arabs in the trailer.
    Last edited by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; July 24, 2016 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    So i am still trying to figure out what kind of army we have at 1:25. The strange pattern on the banners appears on several occasions. Are they the same like the ones flying over the pier of Kattegat in this clip and some of those flying when we see the Ragnarssons? It is not clear but i believe they are even on the longships of ragnar in the trailer.

And who comes to mind? My closest guess would be something like Irish or Scotish.

I am still asking myself if we see Björn sailing to the mediterranean in this season. At least in the battle scenes he seems to be in England. But those guys look nowhere Arab or Byzantine. Could they be Lombard? My guess is if it would really go to the mediterranean we would have seen Arabs in the trailer.
    At 1:03 the architecture and the fashion looks sort of Arab'ish.
    Don't know about the banners, looks like there are several different, maybe each viking band fly their own?

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Visna View Post
    At 1:03 the architecture and the fashion looks sort of Arab'ish.
    good catch, the people look north african too, maybe it'll have him raiding north Africa (or maybe Sicily?) this season and finding "rome" next season? Seems like a lot to fit into one.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Good catch.

Umayyad Spain would be my guess. Since you know. Bjorn historically raided spain

Patrician

Yes the people in the tents look like Arabs or Moors or what have you. But what is the army at 1:25? They look completely different, like Welsh or Scots or something?