Thread: An issue with the CKII launcher -- perhaps someone could help?

Default An issue with the CKII launcher -- perhaps someone could help?

I've posted this on the official paradox forums, but haven't got a solution yet, unfortunately. I'd like to ask here, just in case someone has come across a similar issue in the past and solved it.

My CKII launcher works fine, except that the parts where I would select mods and DLCs are blank. It's not that they don't have anything to choose -- it's that they're inactive patches of white on my launcher window (see attached jpeg for an illustration).

(I'm still able to log into the in-game store with my Gamersgate account, though I have not yet tried buying DLCs; I'd like to, but I would prefer to get this issue resolved first).

I've allowed both CKII.exe and CKIIgame.exe access past the firewall, so that's not it.

The launcher seems to have access to the internet, because I get the same blank, white space in the rest of the launcher momentarily (the section that has the images and says "
    Welcome to Crusader Kings II" and "such-and-such patch is now available"). But then this section loads properly.

Does any one have any idea what's causing this, or how I can fix it?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CKII launcher problem.jpg  

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: An issue with the CKII launcher -- perhaps someone could help?

Go to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\launcher
    it should have 11 pics, I think you're missing a few.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do you have any mods/dlcs installed?

I actually think I may have uninstalled my mods (and no, I have not bought any DLCs yet, because I thought they may not show up).I installed CK+ and the tick-boxes showed up again, even though the mod & DLC sections are still just white.So they look odd but work. Function over form, I suppose!Thank you both for your suggestions!

I fixed it by uninstalling ck2, deleting the folder "paradox interactive" in documents, then reinstalling ck2 again. Of course, yours may respond differently.