Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temporarily Disabling the 2nd Rebellion/Civil War - .sav-compatible

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Temporarily Disabling the 2nd Rebellion/Civil War - .sav-compatible

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    If we knew - then we could fix it.......
    WHich is exactly why I suggested earlier that he attempt to apply the fix after the rebellion has happened to see if it stops the repeating rebellion bug.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

ok i gonna try the fix,just edited the rebellion stats to 189
    but first gonna play short campaign with pergamon
    (not in the mood to fight the rebels again)i post my toughts when i got my regions back

This does NOT work. I did the changes, made a back up of the original just to be safe (Put that in a folder that is very far away from the game file). I then proceeded to return to my campaign. I only had about 70 settlements when I made the change to the file so the 2nd rebellion did not happen yet. When I was around 90 settlements, BOOM, 2nd rebellion happens. I know what I am doing regarding making changes to game files so it is not an error in my department. I am just saying that either I must create a new game for it to work, or it does not work in general.

Quote Originally Posted by phailbus View Post
    This does NOT work. I did the changes, made a back up of the original just to be safe (Put that in a folder that is very far away from the game file). I then proceeded to return to my campaign. I only had about 70 settlements when I made the change to the file so the 2nd rebellion did not happen yet. When I was around 90 settlements, BOOM, 2nd rebellion happens. I know what I am doing regarding making changes to game files so it is not an error in my department. I am just saying that either I must create a new game for it to work, or it does not work in general.
    Did you remember to use the 'Delete map.rwm' button on the Launcher after making the change(s)? If not, then the changes wouldn't have been recognised.

It certainly should work (ie stopping the rebellion by changing to '198'). Make sure you go back to a previous save, however, as this will only stop it starting, not fix one.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

if its not working when you had the rebellion im not gonna try.just did a turn but i get sick of it.first turn in they had 6 in gaul now they have in gaul alone 12 full stacks of silver legions against my5 legions,in italy they have 5 pretorian,2germanic plus capuan spawn legion against 2 of my legions,not even looked at greece and asia minor...partia attacked my egyptian region with 2 stacks and sarmatia keeps attacking my danuba region,its just ridiculess to fight them any longer cus its not possible to recruit new legions or retrain them.gonna start a new campaign with edited stats and hope for the best

I use RTW Alexander on Steam so I do not use the launcher...

Quote Originally Posted by phailbus View Post
    I use RTW Alexander on Steam so I do not use the launcher...
    The Launcher certainly is all set up for a Steam install - and I'd therefore strongly recommend you do....

However, then just delete all the .rwm files manually before re-starting - for that will result in the same effect.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Has anyone used the fix after the first Roman Civil War starts to prevent the repeat civil war bug? If so, please let us know. I love this mod, but the repeated 2nd rebellions killed it for me; apart from the lack of a 2.6 after more than a year of waiting.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

nah i wanted to try the fix after that the rebelion started again but seeing that many legions i lost the motivation to test it...

The launcher doesn't work with my Steam either.

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

The launcher does NOT work with Steam. It has been said in numerous posts and even by the testers.

A few questions:

Does this also work with 2.1?

If it works and you are interested in recreating the whole roman empire followed by civil war, can you change the number so rebellion will trigger when you have reached that many settlements?

The 2.1 version doesn't has this bug. It's only in the 2.5 version. So if you play 2.1 then theres no problem.

Ok thanks!

Is it possible to use the solution in 2.1 if i dont want it to happen after 85 settlements, for example change the value to 130 if i want it to happen then?

Yes. You'll have to edit that in the script.

Resurrection for dvk'

Google better than the in-forum search!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

HAHA! You got that right. Thank you my friend. I have already created an alternate EDCT.txt that disables the second rebellion using that trick.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12