Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporarily Disabling the 2nd Rebellion/Civil War - .sav-compatible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Temporarily Disabling the 2nd Rebellion/Civil War - .sav-compatible

Happy Roman Players,

As I help the Team test possible fixes and whilst they do not endorse 'hot fixes' per se, there is a relatively simple 'edit' that any of you should be able to do that should disable the 2nd Rebellion - and keep your .sav's compatible/allow you to simply continue.

Whether you're playing a 0turn (in the 'Play_Rome' folder) or, like all mine, playing 1turn (in the 'Play_Rome_One_Turn' folder); in the /data sub-folder, you will find a text file called:

'export_descr_character_traits' - I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. Make a back-up copy, then...

Open this with Notepad (or similar) and 'Find' (Ctrl-F) the following Trait Trigger:

;------------------------------------------

Trigger Caesar_Rebellion1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionType romans_brutii
    and IsFactionLeader
    and not Trait HouseCaesar = 1
    and not Trait Dictator > 0
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii >= 85
    and I_TurnNumber > 2

Affects Caesar_Rebellion 1 Chance 5

;------------------------------------------;

For interest, you will note that there is a 5% chance that this will trigger every turn after you gain 85 Settlements. To simply disable it - change/edit the number '85' to '198' and the rebellion should no longer occur (Note: there are 199 Settlements, but you are not supposed to capture the Free People's (SW corner) or Gotland, the Rebels Home).

Because you are not changing the structure of the file, this will be .sav-compatible.

As an aside - it is possible that a player may never get the rebellion (capturing 130 settlements) - but only in 1:100 campaigns.

Please note: this is a personal post, I'm just a serious play-tester for the Team and they take no responsibility for any sub-mods (which effectively this is). Take care when editing the file and you should have no problems, however.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Foederatus

Default Re: Temporarily Disabling the 2nd Rebellion/Civil War - .sav-compatible

Sounds promising and logic. Will try it out in my 1-turn campaign when I reach the 85 and trigger the rebellion.

Thanks man. Great work on the mod btw. I'm definitely an addict. Can you disable the rebellion after it has started? So the 3rd,4th,5th...don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsoniv1200 View Post
    Thanks man. Great work on the mod btw. I'm definitely an addict. Can you disable the rebellion after it has started? So the 3rd,4th,5th...don't start.
    The Mod is not down to me - I'm just a Tester and Tweaker - you can thank the Team; me, I just bother them to death with questions.

The last bit is tricky - for if I knew that, then I could fix it myself! You could, however, try the same 'tweak' as above - for a success would help 'us' narrow down what's causing the problem in the first place.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Very clever. Good thinking Tedric

edit- lol I haven't logged in for months and it won't let me rep you because you were one of the last people I rep'd. Glad to see you're still contributing good stuff, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Happy Roman Players,

As I help the Team test possible fixes and whilst they do not endorse 'hot fixes' per se, there is a relatively simple 'edit' that any of you should be able to do that should disable the 2nd Rebellion - and keep your .sav's compatible/allow you to simply continue.

Whether you're playing a 0turn (in the 'Play_Rome' folder) or, like all mine, playing 1turn (in the 'Play_Rome_One_Turn' folder); in the /data sub-folder, you will find a text file called:

'export_descr_character_traits' - I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. Make a back-up copy, then...

Open this with Notepad (or similar) and 'Find' (Ctrl-F) the following Trait Trigger:

;------------------------------------------

Trigger Caesar_Rebellion1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionType romans_brutii
    and IsFactionLeader
    and not Trait HouseCaesar = 1
    and not Trait Dictator > 0
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii >= 85
    and I_TurnNumber > 2

Affects Caesar_Rebellion 1 Chance 5

;------------------------------------------;

For interest, you will note that there is a 5% chance that this will trigger every turn after you gain 85 Settlements. To simply disable it - change/edit the number '85' to '198' and the rebellion should no longer occur (Note: there are 199 Settlements, but you are not supposed to capture the Free People's (SW corner) or Gotland, the Rebels Home).

Because you are not changing the structure of the file, this will be .sav-compatible.

As an aside - it is possible that a player may never get the rebellion (capturing 130 settlements) - but only in 1:100 campaigns.

Please note: this is a personal post, I'm just a serious play-tester for the Team and they take no responsibility for any sub-mods (which effectively this is). Take care when editing the file and you should have no problems, however.
    I had something around 65 regions,no rebellion yet so I decided to test it:
    -so I set it to 55 instead 85,and out of 18 rebel regions(they are listed in descr file) I deleted 15.
    Effect:
    -not a single settlement rebelled but I got a few Roman Rebel full stacks here and there for about ten turns.I killed one - another appeared.
    After that,all quiet.There IS something inside those lines there.

i have to ask... does this work with the 4tpy submod?
    "Siehst du in des Waldes Grün feindlicher Gewehrmaschin?"
    - Peronje

"Der NKWD in Russland, der SD im Deutschland des Dritten Reiches und alle anderen Geheimpolizeiorganisationen ähnlicher Art sind Spielwiesen für Psychopathen, für Usurpatoren illegaler Macht über Millionen.
    Dort liegen die Krebsherde der modernen Gesellschaft."

aus "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel" Motorbuch Verlag Spezial 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Luxchamp View Post
    i have to ask... does this work with the 4tpy submod?
    I don't know what's been tweaked in that sub-mod and it would be best to ask and seek an answer in that sub-mod's sub-forum I'm sure.

However, I don't see why not - and may allow you to play all possible 1,278 turns to 100AD!

Finally registered on the forums, and gotta say love this mod by the way definitely the best mod out there and believe me I've played a lot. I know I should Tone this and I probably will but I was wondering if it's possible if your fix will work for Tone's FGE submod?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyy View Post
    Finally registered on the forums, and gotta say love this mod by the way definitely the best mod out there and believe me I've played a lot. I know I should Tone this and I probably will but I was wondering if it's possible if your fix will work for Tone's FGE submod?
    I don't know enough about the sub-mod to know, but provided the situation is similar, then I don't see why not. But see below....

Hate to do this but I can't edit...it's Chris's FGE submod...my b. Everyone who's put in the time and effort to make this beautiful mod really are awesome. From an avid player I salute and thank you!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

FGE is for RS 2.1, i don't think its bugged but i could be wrong.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

iff i edit the files can i than put my FM back in to the conquered citys??or do they still gonna loose ther loyalty??
    otherwise i just start a new game with other faction untill 2.6 or minipatch is out.

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Tungri, I'd say just give it a go and see. Wait for the rebellion to happen, and after it has, apply the fix in this thread, then report back your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    iff i edit the files can i than put my FM back in to the conquered citys??or do they still gonna loose ther loyalty??
    otherwise i just start a new game with other faction untill 2.6 or minipatch is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petite Wolf View Post
    Tungri, I'd say just give it a go and see. Wait for the rebellion to happen, and after it has, apply the fix in this thread, then report back your findings.
    This little 'tweak', won't sort out an existing 2nd Rebellion 'problem' - what it does is stop the 2nd Rebellion happening at all.

Ah okay. I misunderstood.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i did not try this fix but let the 2de rebellion happen again so here is some info what happend
    i lost the same regions like last time only mid and south italie did not rebeled now
    i hit 85 settlements again and the 31 i took back from the rebels rebeled again
    2 of my FM switched sides with ther army here is a pic how the map looks like[IMG]
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [/IMG
    ] hope it helps to solv the rebellion problem lord tedric
    oh something else also is it normal that the rebels spawn 2pretorian legions,3 gallic legions,2claudia pia... legions.,i try to make 1 of eatch but they spawn 2/3 of same legions.and the same as my legions not the opposit that i have??
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; March 30, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

I have a question. Is this bug caused by the rebellion repeatedly happening, or is it caused by the rebellion never technically ending? If it is caused by it repeatedly happening, then theoretically playing until the rebellion occurs then applying the fix only after it has happened so that when you reach 85 settlements again it doesn't reoccur should work. If it is caused by the rebellion never being recognised as having ended, then I dunno. I want to play a Roman campaign, but I want the whole experience and so applying this fix before the second rebellion occurs removes a lot of the fun of the campaign for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Wolf View Post
    I have a question. Is this bug caused by the rebellion repeatedly happening, or is it caused by the rebellion never technically ending? ..............
    If we knew - then we could fix it.......

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    If we knew - then we could fix it.......
    WHich is exactly why I suggested earlier that he attempt to apply the fix after the rebellion has happened to see if it stops the repeating rebellion bug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast