Thread: 40 unit armies?

Default 40 unit armies?

Salut Steph, your mod looks so promising!

I'm a LME veteran and i think that Jutland's mod is for now the best one (beside grammary error in its name), it's very challenging and complete.

I hope your mod will be for me a true alternative a LME;

A question for you: LME has a submod enabling 40 unit armies, do you plan MOE will have the same option? because i would'nt to go back to vanilla numbers, 40 unit armies give to players the possibility to really have a center, two flanks and a reserve and give a new tactic dimension to land battles.

What do you think?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: 40 unit armies?

40 units army does not work with land battles, only campaign, and requires editing the save game. I won't make a dedicated support for that, but if you want to enable it for your own game, I suppose you can do it yourself.

Hello everyone, I managed to make the changes for 40 units as well as the bar UI and area of deployment. I am french, I created the procedure and you actually part be aware that ntw LME AlbUI23 works. For 40 units see work under ESF backups. Sorry for the English... Live MOE, it is a great mod. I'll show you a copy of my user.script that works...

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by zeusvl59 View Post
    Hello everyone, I managed to make the changes for 40 units as well as the bar UI and area of deployment. I am french, I created the procedure and you actually part be aware that ntw LME AlbUI23 works. For 40 units see work under ESF backups. Sorry for the English... Live MOE, it is a great mod. I'll show you a copy of my user.script that works...
    Have you uploaded this somewhere? :o I am aware of using the ESF Editor to change the units in an army, but do not know how to change the UI to be compatible with that many units.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    40 units army does not work with land battles, only campaign, and requires editing the save game. I won't make a dedicated support for that, but if you want to enable it for your own game, I suppose you can do it yourself.

Greetings I have 2 Questions.

Does your Mod have 40unit saves?

I recently downloaded DarthMod for Napoleon Total War and saw that your mod has far better units and many more. I went to the download page and downloaded one of the Individual unit files for Prussia, and put it in my data folder and checked it in the DarthMod launcher, but when I went to play the game I couldn't find any of them. Is their anyway to implement your unit models into DarthMod? Please help.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

No 40 unit saves. You'd have to make it yourself.

No compatibility with Darth Mod or any other mod. I don't have time for that.
    However, my mod is modular: you can get all the faction packs as resources to have all the uniforms, and then edit DarthMod to use them.

Civis

Sounds Good. Thank you Steph
    Beautiful Model Work also.

Indefinitely Banned

Having a 40 unit army would sure look impressive especially if you have it on large unit size!

I'll just necro this thread so it is more visibile than my rants in the bug thread.

Does anyone know how zeuslv59 edited the user.script to make it work with those 2 mods?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    Tried it. Worked with LME, doesn't work with MoE. That's why i'm asking if anyone knows how the MoE should be edited for it to work.

Start new campaign and make save in turn one without making any moves on campaign map, close Napoleon TW. Use ESF to edit save (like in linked tutorial), then add two packs to Napoleon data folder (larger deployment zones and UI). Open MoE's user script and add two lines on the top:

mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack;

save changes. Continue campaign by using your edited save.

Optional, in preferences script change line "minimised_ui false;" to "minimised_ui true;"

Requaired for every new campaign.

Hi,

i tried it again, and this time it worked. However, the 2nd time i loaded the game, vanilla started for some reason. REally confused now

Hi,

I can give you two possible solutions. Start the procedure again and:

1. Go to user script's properties and select "read only" option

2. Use only manually saved campaign progress.

Thanks a lot for your help Mattias, i really appreciate it.

Even though the game starts as Vanilla now, i can still load my campaing and it seems to work as intended. I will try both though. For some reason i also keep getting my graphical settings reset as well. Quite weird.

EDIT: unfortunately i did get a crash just as the first battle started, so i guess not all is working as intended unfortunately. Also does it matter whether in the script file it's written "mod blablabla" or just mod blablabla?

EDIT2: seems to be working now. I doubled the unit sizes and made the total units to 60. Let's see how both the AI and i can handle it
    Last edited by Anubis88; June 17, 2017 at 07:40 AM.