Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.4 Faction Preview: The Uyunids Of Al-Bahrayn

Default Re: BC 2.4 Faction Preview: The Uyunids Of Al-Bahrayn

Good to see that BC ist still making progress

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Great preview!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Amazing work as usual, BC never disappoints

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Dat mod! Dat faction preview! I can't wait

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Djordje's Avatar Civis

Nice preview. And good work.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

great new preview!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Finally Alfaji has got what he always wanted - his own faction Units looks like... Koultouras standard which is a nice compliment of course. I especially like the faces, they really looks very Arabic. Nonetheless Uyunids won't be my favourites, Arabic factions hasn't conquered my heart so far Anyway I still miss some important information which would help me to imagine the new political situation with this faction on BC board. I guess presented units will be Uyunids unique ones, but there will certainly be more units in their roster, shared with Oman, Yemen or Abbasids - what will they be? How the full roster list will look like? Anorher thing is of course their map's homeland - which terretory they will occupy? I mean we know certainly Bahrain but I suppose some more Arabic lands too. And ceretainly you had to add more provinces in the region to create some space for Abbasids-Uyunids-Oman conflicts. What are those new provinces? How the map look now? And last question - will the Arabic Peninsula be crossable in 2.4 so Uyunids would have chance to cross it and reach Yemen for example? If I remember correctly in 930y the army of Qarmatians from Bahrain crossed the Peninsula and invaded and conquered the holy Mecca city which was a shock for the whole Ummah... It would be nice to repeat that event in BC timeframe

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

We can't answer your questions, because we would reveal too much.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    We can't answer your questions, because we would reveal too much.
    I guess that means there will be another preview focused strictly on the BC 2.4 map which will be the old map altered with mostly new provinces. Will you post it before or after other new factions previews?

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Finally Alfaji has got what he always wanted - his own faction Units looks like... Koultouras standard which is a nice compliment of course. I especially like the faces, they really looks very Arabic. Nonetheless Uyunids won't be my favourites, Arabic factions hasn't conquered my heart so far Anyway I still miss some important information which would help me to imagine the new political situation with this faction on BC board. I guess presented units will be Uyunids unique ones, but there will certainly be more units in their roster, shared with Oman, Yemen or Abbasids - what will they be? How the full roster list will look like? Anorher thing is of course their map's homeland - which terretory they will occupy? I mean we know certainly Bahrain but I suppose some more Arabic lands too. And ceretainly you had to add more provinces in the region to create some space for Abbasids-Uyunids-Oman conflicts. What are those new provinces? How the map look now? And last question - will the Arabic Peninsula be crossable in 2.4 so Uyunids would have chance to cross it and reach Yemen for example? If I remember correctly in 930y the army of Qarmatians from Bahrain crossed the Peninsula and invaded and conquered the holy Mecca city which was a shock for the whole Ummah... It would be nice to repeat that event in BC timeframe
    930 AD is barely the starting time of Broken Crescent.....well for me the units looks like Indians or Persians for me than the Arab because of the color of their uniforms as well as the style of their turban,for me the Oman still have the best portrayal of the Arabian troops although i don't like them in campaign specially with the JKD sub-mod because they follow Ibadism,on another note shouldn't be the Abbasid's look more Arab than Iranian/African Slaves? i was disappointed because the Abbasid is the current Khilafah in BC and i expect their troops to be more Arabic or Islamic like the Rashidun Caliphate but that was not the case. Anyway any hints or clues or some kind of note about the release date of 2.4? if only i know how to mod then maybe i can help or contribute in some way. (oh about the crossing of Arabian Dessert that seems unlikely because even during World War 1 armies or people still couldn't really cross in the middle of the dessert because they will literally die of the heat and dehydration and the only way for them to travel is beside coastal areas,but adding that feature will be a welcome although idk whether that will be a balanced thing to do.)
    Last edited by hameem123; March 03, 2013 at 06:18 AM.

Abbasid roster is largely Arabic based already, they also have Slave soldiers and local soldiers which is correct so whats wrong ? logic behind the roster is correct .
    Last edited by Tureuki; March 03, 2013 at 06:48 AM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

I guess that means there will be another preview focused strictly on the BC 2.4 map which will be the old map altered with mostly new provinces. Will you post it before or after other new factions previews?
    We will post a preview of a modified map, but not because of new provinces, but mainly because of changes in map_climates and map_ground_types (and possibly also some small changes in map_heights).

I don't know when such a preview will be posted, because we are in the middle of the work. It's possible some factions will be previewed before the map is ready.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Oh no you didn't!!

Bahrain my home country (apart from England) is in a BC mod.

Speechless.

Guess who I'll be playing with as my first army.

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    i just hope for Abbasid troops to look like more Arabic or Islamic,so far the best portrayal of Arabic troops for me in this mod is the Oman Faction,but i don't like them because they are Ibadism i think and i play the JKD mod.
    Actually the Abbasids had a large Persian section of the army plus Turkish, it was the Abbasids who started to push the Arabs out of the Caliphs court to the more bottom ranks of the army due to the Abbasids actually taking power due to the Persian/Arab aristocracy that helped them against the Ummayads.

The Abna who were the top rank Abbasid guards were of persian/Arab descent, after a while the new influx of Turkish slave soldiers started replacing them in the courts as well.

French translation of this amazing preview can be found here : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...s-d-Al-Bahrayn

We also opened years ago a subforum dedicated to Broken Crescent : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/f...roken-Crescent

You are doing a great job, a french players are eagerly waiting .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

i hope this faction rule your heart , and about the map the uyunids ruled bahrain but not the bahrain we know today its the region of bahrain which is from modern kuwait to qatar and parts of the uae and you will start in a era that this region is divided two to parts you need to reconquer and unite and thank you
    Last edited by ALFAJI; March 04, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    French translation of this amazing preview can be found here : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...s-d-Al-Bahrayn

We also opened years ago a subforum dedicated to Broken Crescent : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/f...roken-Crescent

You are doing a great job, a french players are eagerly waiting .

Great preview guys !

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

great work !

Awesome, a faction that represents my country!...not something that happens frequently.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast