Thread: CATW ALK Music

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default CATW ALK Music

waterflame89 a talented youtube artist I have followed since some of his earliest days on youtube released a song I very much think would be a good addition to CATW's eastern campaign music.

He spent aprox 30+ hours on this. Please have a listen and tell what you think on this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5iz...qslw5pmPn5l6vw

Edit: I will add but will be making it optional. Located inside of that folder for you to use as you will.

I will also be adding previews of songs that will be included as not optional soon. I will be discussing with a few people over the best tracks to put in and it will be aimed at the general populace of people playing the mod. And of course aimed at the specific culture and rotate around that theme (eastern) see here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vww7eQYhPMc

edit- scroll down to see next songs
    Last edited by z3n; March 08, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: CATW Music - waterflame89's song preview

I like this song for the East. What faction did you have in mind for it? Btw I have a few suggestions if your taking any.

One is "Now we are free" from the movie Gladiator. I think this one would be good for a Roman/Greek faction

another is "Woad to Ruin" from the movie King Arthur. This one may be good for any faction I think

The last one is "Testudo" from the movie The Eagle. I think this one will go good with a Barbarian faction, possibly the Germans.
    Last edited by Evalation; March 02, 2013 at 11:48 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Moderator Emeritus

Good suggestions

Probably was thinking of Baktria, I'm actually planning on using some Prince Of Persia music for eastern culture..for example loading theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxty5NiPXk

Battle theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QG-FiqQN-Q

Battle theme (or a march theme) 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1r2RLXdvdk

I am aiming for fun but distinctly eastern feel to it. The feeling of marching your horse archers or sparabara over a hill to see the enemy waiting on the next played to the proper music can lend an epic feel to any mod and that is what I will try to aim for.

edit: and if you have any other suggestions keep em coming, I plan on thoroughly discarding and perusing as many tracks as I possibly can before selecting the "perfect" soundtrack of CATW and releasing with the next version. You were in fact one of the people I planned on consulting with tracks, may as well do it here instead of through PM's if you would like too!
    Last edited by z3n; March 03, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Deffinately leave some of the tracks from the movie "Alexander" the song "Over the Mountains" from the soundtrack is my favorite one on this game, though I think it would be better to place it on the Macedonian campaign rather then the Roman one scince the song is off a movie about Macedon. Truthfully all the songs on that movie could be a good choice for the Macedonian faction.

Awsome choices fro mthe Prince of Persia track. Love em.

Some more suggestions:
    "Crusades" from the movie "Season of the Witch"

"The Battle" from the movie "Gladiator"-from 00:00-01:25 would be good for a song on the battlefield but before the fighting starts. 04:11-06:20 would be great for when battle is met. Also I think this is a good one fore the Romans.

"Time" by Hans Zimmer

"Sons of War" by Two Steps from Hell

"What we need is a Hero" from the Movie Beowulf-This song might be good for a barbarian faction as a battle song.

"lacrimosa" by Two Steps from Hell

"To Glory" By Two Steps from Hell

"Lux Aeterna" by Clint Mansell-This one is a great one.

"Knights March" By Hans Zimmer

"Leave no man Behind" by Hans Zimmer (be sure to search the Hans Zimmer version, there are two different versions and his is the best.)

"Protectors of the Earth" by Two Steps from Hell

"Nobody ask to be a Hero" by Hans Zimmer-This is the best song I can find for an eastern faction. I think you may find use for it somewhere.

I know there are alot of songs here but they are all truly epic soundtracks. Thank you for letting me help you with the music. I know alot of great songs out there I just have to find them agian, anyway keep up the good work man. I hope things are going good on the developement side of the mod.

Btw if you do an intro movie for the mod, "Time" by hans zimmer would be an excellent choice for the background music.
    Last edited by Evalation; March 04, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: CATW Music - waterflame89's song preview & discussion/preview of music for next versions

will be including some of those. What do you think of this as a barbarian loading theme? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pCv7k_Hzvg
    The AI Workshop Creator

Default Re: CATW Music - waterflame89's song preview & discussion/preview of music for next versions

I like it, ive heard it somewhere before on a video about the U.S. Miltia. I just diddnt know where it was from. Btw could you tell me which ones your gonna be using from the list I made?

Moderator Emeritus

Knights March" By Hans Zimmer - Greek or Roman Faction (is this already in ? sounds familiar)

"Sons of War" by Two Steps from Hell - Thinking on

"Nobody ask to be a Hero" by Hans Zimmer - Eastern Campaign Map

"Crusades" from the movie "Season of the Witch" - Barbarian Faction
    The AI Workshop Creator

Moderator Emeritus

Hmm haven't posted here in awhile. It's hard to find tracks that aren't to epic, if you know what I mean...

Lol, I think this shall be my personal campaign selection screen music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfnyx2NZgI

Roman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7OdI-b61qg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGR1F_klhdU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI23_cIw_6M
    The AI Workshop Creator

Moderator Emeritus

most of those are going into official

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDsWPo4ONpo&NR=1&feature=endscreen

this will be in mine

and probably nearly every track here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4un7Jedpicg

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr6dlbhLKdk
    Last edited by z3n; August 08, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

That is amazing song! So this mod will include not only a huge exciting map but also awesome music and sound effects....wow! Keep up with the good work, guys!

Moderator Emeritus

Update: Idea on hold... may have to do some work arounds here, seems like there's even a hard code limit for this!

Update2: Fixed this^...testing stage to see if it works for the entire hour (I may make it longer if an hour works) or has a cut off point. It should work but I still am testing this to make sure it will.

Woke up today and did some more work on this. A simple solution crossed my mind to the dilemma of appealing to all tastes.

I will piece together songs instead of selecting individual songs. This would allow for multiple "tracks" instead of simple "songs" for each category. It allows for a wider spread of music and variants appealing to everyone and adds a variety. I find it's easy to become tired of listening to the exact same songs over and over, again and again. Tracks will hopefully negate this issue.

Also I may expand further on this and do selective tracks. E.G. Culturally orientated track/s versus interesting music I enjoyed that will be distinctive to each culture.
    Last edited by z3n; September 29, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Interesting Resef... I will try out your mod and I'm thrilled that it's got unique music along with it that seems to not just be straight from well known movies. The music choice seems to be things I've never heard of most of the time so I'm quite excited to hear it in game.

Keep it up, I look forward to playing as Carthage in this mod! (Diocle will hate me for that )
    炸鸡

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, we're trying to make this mod very unique.

You/others may be interested in this sudden and unasked for monologue for no purpose other than to get some awareness into the world about this cool add on.

I had another idea today which was a way to indefinitely expand arrow duration (just like you can in MTW2) in the ground after seeing this shortly thereafter I realized it isn't viable since I found further on that they disappear just like arrows, but do show themselves sticking into the ground. Plus even if javelins did indefinitely stay in the ground and I changed their model to an arrow, I would run into the issue of javelin's not having enough range. Since that is hard-coded in the EDU I believe. So, sadly, it was just an idea.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Just finished downloading everything, can't wait to try out this mod when I got the time to.
    炸鸡

Moderator Emeritus

Pretty sure this will be the new menu music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MghDDMYHD8
    The AI Workshop Creator

Sounds cool, but can I make a suggestion aswell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omMpBp5hnaE

I think this will also make an epic main menu theme.

Moderator Emeritus

Default CATW ALK Music

My headphones on the right side aren't working suddenly. So work in this regard is paused but I did make significant progress before now (almost complete).

It will resume once I RMA them.
    Last edited by z3n; January 27, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator