27 16.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open Beta

Default Re: Open Beta

my hopes have been dashed, cunning troll sir

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    And how long have you been working on EB2?
    Since the start of course.
    And the same goes for EB where I started with modelling, animations and some general modding, very basic texturing.
    With EB2 I came back and started again with unit modelling and afterwards got involved in most 2D/3D areas: units(modelling, rigging, texturing), strat map assets(textures, characters, settlements, vegetation, icons, etc.), animations, UI, etc..
    Last edited by alin; March 01, 2013 at 03:00 AM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

If I knew how to mod, probably yes. But I don't. The only help I could give would be to give an opinion as a beta tester, but that will happen anyway once it's released and played. And I don't want to have on my hands another Hegemon Ancient Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    If I knew how to mod, probably yes. But I don't. The only help I could give would be to give an opinion as a beta tester, but that will happen anyway once it's released and played. And I don't want to have on my hands another Hegemon Ancient Wars.
    No modding knowledge required, all you need to do is be active on the forums and know how to fill out reports concisely. If a bug occurs in-game you would log when and where it happened in a thread on a usually separate and private closed/open beta forum. You would detail the issue, what you were doing when it happened and anything else pertinent to the situation. The developers would take fixing it from there (if the problem can be replicated).

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post

lol

icenii's Avatar Civis

Absolutely, anything i can do too aid in the develoment would be worthwhile no matter how far the team are in the development phase.

A beta will come when a beta will never come.

If I say candidly and honestly, a lot of people waiting for Roma 2 TW with ships and large-scale battles with very large capacity for imagination, at the same time, they are ready to download in the future, free EB 2 that would not have to pay money to the museum and listen to the ancient Greek and Celtic languages, praised the author and archaeologists and so satisfied with collecting games of antiquity. It would be very good if the team was able to make two EB modification of R 2 TW and voiced in ancient languages ​​all factions.

Public beta version could be a consolation in anticipation Beta mod - De Bello Mundi and demo-versions of R 2 TW...

Wow. Just saw the poll and it was dominating. How come you guys haven't released and ALpHa yet? It has been like 7 years. Come on guys, give us some progress reports.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Cmon guys...really?

Give the EB team a break with demands like this. We all understand the massive scale of this project and how much work that is going into it. In my opinion, demanding a Beta or an Alpha is somewhat insulting to the team. Just let them do their work and try (emphasis on "try") to get excited for R2TW. I'm sure that it's going to be somewhat ridiculous of a game (I saw dogs in the Teutonburg forest video) but it'll still be a Total War game so it should be good for at least 1-2 years of excitement. It'll help the time pass quickly and maybe by then Alin and pals will have more information for you regarding EB II.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Cmon guys...really?

Give the EB team a break with demands like this. We all understand the massive scale of this project and how much work that is going into it. In my opinion, demanding a Beta or an Alpha is somewhat insulting to the team. Just let them do their work and try (emphasis on "try") to get excited for R2TW. I'm sure that it's going to be somewhat ridiculous of a game (I saw dogs in the Teutonburg forest video) but it'll still be a Total War game so it should be good for at least 1-2 years of excitement. It'll help the time pass quickly and maybe by then Alin and pals will have more information for you regarding EB II.
    For one thing... I never "demanded" anything. It was a simple question

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

The whole purpose of this thread is to push the EB team into coming up with an Alpha. That amounts to a demand.

(I wasn't speaking specifically towards you airborne guy. Just throwing that out there)
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

There are some mod on Japanese War Samurai Sengoku , which were developed for the engine M II TW. . There, too, the emphasis on historicity, difficulty and originality...
    But I prefer the beauty and power of the sea battle with the beautiful animation and novelty Shogun 2 and Rome 2, rather than permanent, indefinite, eternal, boring, endless, long-awaited, never go on time, late medieval fashion engines.
    However, no matter what, waiting, worrying and demand the release of at least some sort of real version of EB 2, instead of its phantoms and encyclopedic treatise.

roastbeef's Avatar Foederatus

There's one serious problem - the longer it takes, the greater the expectations grow. People put big trust in EB2 and its team. What, if after release it turns out to be just very good, not PLAIN AWESOME, OUSTANDING and FKKNG EXCEPTIONAL, stuffed with authenticity and realism like a huge devolaille, never experienced by any devolaille or butter lover?

This is treacherous business and the team has put the bar inhumanly high for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
    There's one serious problem - the longer it takes, the greater the expectations grow. People put big trust in EB2 and its team. What, if after release it turns out to be just very good, not PLAIN AWESOME, OUSTANDING and FKKNG EXCEPTIONAL, stuffed with authenticity and realism like a huge devolaille, never experienced by any devolaille or butter lover?

This is treacherous business and the team has put the bar inhumanly high for themselves.
    I'm sure this will happen anyway... regardless of the quality of the gameplay. We cannot satisfy all.

Well, I think they should at least consider whether they are putting to much time into it. Perfection can not be a goal, it is like an utopia, when u search for an utopia, you are in danger of commiting atrocious acts in the process. We do not want a perfect game developer dudes, we just want to be entertained. And I would hate to see you put in this absurd amount of time into the mod just to find a community that move on to other things. I don't know, maybe I'm just talking ****.

roastbeef's Avatar Foederatus

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What an irritating thread, I briefly thought it was going to be an official announcement. When they have finished it (in their spare time, for free) they will release it- and that is good enough for me

We all need to ban all criticism of a long construction and request for the release. Need only write these messages - Keep doing your project, we look forward, we all know how hard it is, how difficult it is to do a project on a super free encyclopedic historical game, the next release of the SF type R2 TW, R3 TW R4TW....etс., and still be Hollywood crafts and remain unhistorical "Tetris" compared to EB 1 and EB 2. We look forward to and when you can not wait in a will to his grandchildren and children pass the baton to wait and wait and wait ... We will not even play R2TW, we'd better read your treatise on fractions, we have books and monographs on the subject is not of course .. Just praise and praise ..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast