View Poll Results: Do you happy that you will see wardogs in Rome 2?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

177 71.08%
  • No

72 28.92%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wardogs... Why?!?

Default Re: Wardogs... Why?!?

I just want Arcani , Gladiators , flaming pigs and more ^^

Lol even roman camelriders on sahar borders ( romans introduced the camel to N. africa) or Alaudae axe equipped legionaris to cut legs to elephants... Or the dacian war heavy legionary to counter the dacian phalx...etc. The more variety the better...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Reptilicus's Avatar Civis
    Finland-Jyväskylä,from Serbia originally.

It`s fine,you mentioned something about war dogs being used by Slavs,so i`d like to read a bit more info about that,since i am quite curious about ancient Slavs...unless i misunderstood your post

Quote Originally Posted by The Caledonian View Post
    It`s fine,you mentioned something about war dogs being used by Slavs,so i`d like to read a bit more info about that,since i am quite curious about ancient Slavs...unless i misunderstood your post
    Oh i forgot i had written them in but yeah they used dogs too ^^
    Last edited by uzo70; March 01, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Reptilicus's Avatar Civis
    Finland-Jyväskylä,from Serbia originally.

I see,thanks for replying,i`ll try to dig up something to read about that,+ rep to you as soon as it`s enabled for me,since i`m a newbie here on the forums

Someday we'll get to a game that will give the user control over aspects of design, allowing for custom experiences.

(much like with tabletop wargaming) speaking of I wonder if CA will go in that direction for WH..

cancer thread

Your post should be among the first to be carefully lanced out.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

We need them in small number as many said before

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

I have no problem with war dogs being a unit, as long as they aren't units of 50 or 60 dogs, they should probably have about 12-16 dogs in a unit. Their purpose should be to distract and cause some chaos in the enemy before immediately being followed up by an infantry charge. If unsupported the dogs may be able to kill 2 or 3 soldiers before being slaughtered. I don't want to see uber packs of dogs wiping out infantry units single-handedly.

I would be OK with dogs with you could attach them to a unit like you do with siege weapons. In fact, I think there should be more units like these, special units that serve very specific roles and can be attached to any common infantry unit.

Tbf, I wouldn't imagine the dogs having any real effect on the battlefield.

Dogs, on the other hand, could be a valuable tool for scouting & sniffing out hidden enemy camps & ambushes.

Having a pack of dogs scouting ahead of my legionaires would be an excellent thing to have. I'd wish those smelly barbarians good luck at hiding!
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Well crap, apparently I can't upload images from my Photobucket to here.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

There are historical accounts of dogs being used around armies, but there aren't historical accounts of them being used in field battles, which is *very* unlikely.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
    We need them in small number as many said before

These are not WAR chariots, so it is not wardog. There are chariot races at the Olympics. They are the drivers, not soldiers

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
    These are not WAR chariots, so it is not wardog. There are chariot races at the Olympics. They are the drivers, not soldiers
    That's what I thought too. Thanks for confirming. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    There are historical accounts of dogs being used around armies, but there aren't historical accounts of them being used in field battles, which is *very* unlikely.
    Sure of that?

[2] Alyattes.

The Cimmerians, a people of great bodily size, made war on Alyattes. He marched against them, and ordered his men to take into battle with them a number of large fierce dogs. When the dogs were released, they fell on the barbarians, as they would on a herd of wild beasts. They injured many of them, so as to disable them from action, and put the others to flight.
    Polyaenus

Unfortunately the mistake of CA is to give it to germans as they never used and surely wouldn't even know how to train to have geared dogs with iron spiked collars when their men hd even scarcity of it.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

I need wardogs.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Sure of that?

Polyaenus

Unfortunately the mistake of CA is to give it to germans as they never used and surely wouldn't even know how to train to have geared dogs with iron spiked collars when their men hd even scarcity of it.
    How would you know if germans or other barbarians ever used war dogs or not? they did not leave as many historical references as romans or greeks. All we can say for sure is that such dogs were a tool of war and I doubt that your beloved romans or greeks were the only ones clever enough to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaos View Post
    How would you know if germans or other barbarians ever used war dogs or not? they did not leave as many historical references as romans or greeks. All we can say for sure is that such dogs were a tool of war and I doubt that your beloved romans or greeks were the only ones clever enough to use them.
    Even I have never heard of sources stating that barbarians used dogs in combat. However, this does not mean that they didn't use them. It just means that it is no where written down.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

What if wardogs are attached to specific units, like cavalry ? Maybe some elite shock infantry instead of dogs/handlers as were done in the old Rome.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook