Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950515253545570 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

Default Re: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

In the installation instruction it says that there should be 200 men per Line Infantry unit . I only get 150, is that changed in the 3.5 version?

Are you using ultra scale in the settings? Do you have leftover files from other mods active?

When I change it to ultra I get 160 per line. It is a clean install. Also there are 5 files not 4 as per the instructions. (er.battelterrain pack, essentials pack, main pack, supper pack and groupformations pack)
    The mod is working as starting conditions has changes as Britain.

That is rather strange since the mod's .pack files have clearly defined 200 men for every standard infantry unit for ultra.

Out of curiosity, are running ETW on Mac or Windows?

windows. I will reinstall the mod and see if that fixes it.

I realised that the mod is not working. It has been awhile since I have played. I put all five files into programs files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data. It asks if I want to over write, and then adds them. Does any one have any ideas, thanks.

it's happening to me as well. It didn't increase the size of the units when I installed it.

Artifex

You should take a look into your config file in the Empire AppData folder. Maybe something has manipulated your unit size setting.
    Besides, deleting some of the folders in AppData has often fixed problems with the game.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

I cant not get this to work. It is like the game does not even see the modes files? I get no new loading screen with empire realism on it. I have down loaded and reinstalled 3 times now. This is really weird, as i have had no trouble before. I am running window 8 now, surely that would not make a difference?

where is your STEAM installed? if in C:\Program Files then win8 or 7 might cause some issues..

Quote Originally Posted by JaM
    Regarding movement - all speeds are altered to match the reload speeds, so you get realistic amount of fire against advancing enemy towards you. Mind you - this is 18.century combat - soldiers were marching in straight line and were not allowed to leave formation even if burning grenade rolled near them... running was something that was not allowed at all... Charge was performed by unit walking double pace straight at enemy. Cavalry didn't crashed into infantry at full speed, because horses are not machines, and they wont do that..instead, cavalry engaged infantry in closed ranks walking towards infantry and pushing into their formation to break it and cut it to pieces...
    Not true for the carolean armies, they charged 'at full running',
    and other nations cavalry would later pick up on this advancement
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

@GrimFear: A new loading screen? Are you sure there is one? Just dropping the .pack files into my data-Folder (overwriting one file) did the trick for me, but I didn't get a new loading screen either. You will know that the mod is working as soon as you play a battle.

I really like this mod, makes the game feel entirely different. Granted, it takes a bit of time to adjust to the new morale and cohesion system, but it makes a lot of sense.
    Light Infantry actually becomes really useful and charges have to be timed very carefully, and the change in experience makes you quite attached to your battalions (thx for changing the name from regiments to battalions, btw)

However, are the enormous after battle casualties of the loser intentional? I get that this makes battles more decisive since the actual number of battle-casualties are quite low, but I wonder if it is possible to check wether or not the winner has any light/medium cavalry in his army and calculate the number of casualties by that. It seems illogical to me that heavy cavalry or infantry would pursue their enemy very far after the actual battle.
    Plus, would pursuit actually change combat experience? I had a horse guard regiment participate in a battle, and in the aftermath alone it apparently killed 500 of the 2000 enemy soldiers by itself, resulting in an increase of exp from 2 to 4 chevrons (it was the regiments very first battle).

Also, campaign-map-movement-range of artillery seems ridiculously low. 3 Years to get artillery from Vienna to Warsaw? And I can't remember if that was the case for Vanilla-ETW as well, but shouldn't units move further on roads, artillery or not? I would get if it takes incredibly long to transport ~100 pound artillery off road, but traveling on roads should make them reach their destination a lot faster.

Either way, thank you for the work you have put into this mod, it makes the game a ot more enjoyable.

roads usually turned into a mud hole after the first regiment passed through,
    if at all possible, rivers were used to transport siege artillery,
    rivers were strategic vital transport lanes.
    the saying "water unite, land separates" was well found.
    Yes, the large casualties occurred after pushing enemy into retreat
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

my steam folder is in c:/programs files (x86), windows 8. does this mean this mod will not work?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

no, the (x86) won't make a difference so just install ER and have fun while playing!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Hey

Long story short. I had to reinstall ETW, in the process I saved ER4, thought I lost it. D/L'd ER4.5. Re-found 4 and got that running. Than I thought, "well, whats different in 4.5 that I may actually want that one instead?"

So my question is what are the differences in Realism 4 to that of 4.5?

well, one of that i know is that the bug in the RTI was fixed..

4.5 is quality!

Sea battles feel right, both large and small. One point I noted though is that any ship can sit on a trade node to bring income. Reading back, I believe this was to help the CAI, but if you capture pirate brigs and privateers early on, then get letter of mark, they can be used as low upkeep trade ships. Seems a bit of a cheat and had to stop myself doing it.

Battles were great before but are now even better. However, the morale loss caused by charging is perhaps too powerful. I’ve seen several battles where the AI has the enemy on the run, either my chaps or an ally, then by charging their own army routes. Both sides reform then have at it again.

It certainly resembles the back and fourth effect of battles of the time, but I don’t think the AI can handle it. Maybe reduce this effect slightly, what are others thoughts?

I decided to engage in a siege battle remembering the old days when the AI could maybe fire a cannon once then just stand in the bottom of a fort waiting for your men to climb the walls then pick their targets and slaughter the men in the pit.

Well no more. If you try to pound down the walls you have a significant shoot out with the cannon from the fort. Seriously!

If you advance to climb the walls, the AI redeploys its men to cover the wall where you try to climb and your men are pounded by more cannon and musket fire. Even Guards and Grenadiers have a rather bad time in these conditions and wont last long.

Makes forts far more powerful and sieges great to defend and a major challenge to capture. I wonder though if the moral bonus for the defenders is too strong as they already have a lot in their favour.

Artifex

I've found a small error:
    projectile_incendiary_chance_medium is set to 0, although it should probably be 0.002 (Low and high are set to 0.001 and 0.003).
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai