Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22476263646566676869707172
Results 1,421 to 1,429 of 1429

Thread: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

Default Re: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

Yeah, you summed it up good. Things like this are compromise between AI, game mechanics and historical authenticity... Having general an infantry unit, removes lots of exploits, besides presenting best way how to simulate Grenadiers in a century, where each regiment had its own company of Grenadiers and Grenadiers were never forming separate regiments. They were occasionally formed into battalions, and if you do the math, with 20 units limitation, you get about 1.5 battalions of Grenadiers if you only have infantry, or 1 battalion, with properly balanced army.

Hi Jam, version 6 has problems with the balance of the economy.
    1. Denmark, the Netherlands, Persia, the island order and other bankrupts from the 6th move, all other countries in the world are most likely candidates for bankruptcy. Because their fat in the form of the wealth of cities is burned every turn by -28 or more tax duties.
    As a result, no one fights because there is no money, there are stubs of armies that are not replenished. I play the Ottomans, I get out of this financial hell through trade (because I capture the majority of trade)

Thanks, ill look into it, it was some time i played this game, so having some feedback is always welcomed. I will try to adjust it in near future.

6.1 uploaded, with requested fixes

First of all, thank you JaM for all your work. Combat mechanics are the best out of any total war mod i've played and AI handling it surprisingly well. I've downloaded NER and ER 6.1 and tweaked mod files a little (adding two rank fire like in previous versions using your tips). I noticed that in NER_main.pack projectiles_tables rockets spread value is 0, while in ER_main.pack it's 15. I assume in NER it's supposed to be 15 too? Also in your ER mod for empire musket armed soldiers at least seem have some minor problems with animations while shooting and in melee combat they just start to freak out(going from one idle animation pose to another, not sure how to explain) while in NER everything is fine(only skirmishers with crouching animations stand up/crouch constantly while in melee). Anyway i deleted animations entry from ER_Essentials.pack and it fixed the problem. But i wanted to know if deleting your animations is detrimental to gameplay or are they just aesthetic?

Oh, and unit size doesn't match with new update, in ER and NER starting line infantry size is still 200. Newly recruited infantry in ER are 240, in NER 160. I assume it's startpos issue.

Nope, my mistake. I was testing different unit sizes and forgot to change it back. I will post another update once i finish with some updates im doing for Napoleon Empire Realism mod.

Tiro

Anyone still playing this mod? Will mod work correctly after installation? Any bugs or crashes?

Should still work.. anyway there will be new version coming in next few weeks.