Thread: Any Details on Reinforcement System?

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Any Details on Reinforcement System?

Ive seen alot of info about Rome 2 but nothing yet about how the reinforcement system will work. Anyone know anything about the changes or if there will be changes?

Default Re: Any Details on Reinforcement System?

Haven't really heard much about reinforcements yet :l

I hope they don't make major changes. I liked it very much in NTW and Shogun 2

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Did you play Medieval 2 Kingdoms? that was one of the best reinforcement systems so far imo.

NTW's reinforcement system sucked, although Shogun 2 made some nice improvements with FOTS and the patch that followed.

w.wallace61's Avatar Civis

Yes, Kingdoms Rulezz !!! I hope they'll make smilar but better version of it I just hope

Civis

I haven't played much Kingdoms, just some turns with the americas campaign and a couple on the teutonic campaign.

How are reinforcements managed there? and how they are managed in NTW and Shogun 2?

Would like to see the reinforcements like in it was in The kingdoms expansion =)

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope they start further from the deployment area. Previosuly, anyone could just sit at the edge destroying them as they came on. I never would though...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Did you play Medieval 2 Kingdoms? that was one of the best reinforcement systems so far imo.

NTW's reinforcement system sucked, although Shogun 2 made some nice improvements with FOTS and the patch that followed.
    Yeah NTW's reinforcement system was a disaster IMO. Shogun 2 was moving in the right direction but the main focus should be options. For example you can choose what units in particular you want to enter the battle next from your other stacks. Or if you have 3 or more stacks you should be able to choose which stack you want to enter first. Or even have 2 full stacks enter at the same time like it was in Kingdoms i believe.

I really really hope they focus on this since be can be assured we will have epic battles including many stacks.

I have to agree the ETW and NTW reinforcement system was close to fail. Not quite so bad as a full fail but it was certainly messed up. It is a very interesting question with capture points and possibly much larger battlefields.

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

i think he talks about reinforcemnet of loses after battles....

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

I liked it very much in NTW and Shogun 2

ElfCommander's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    If I have understand it correctly, the reinforcement system of Kingdoms is used. Groups of units can be put under the lead of an AI general. This might also contain reinforcements, I presume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meraun View Post
    i think he talks about reinforcemnet of loses after battles....
    I thought that too, but his last post suggests he did mean the reinforcing forces in a battle.