Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 11 (21/3/2012)

jepva's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 8 (11/3/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    jepva-user/username/appdata/roaming/the creative assebly/napoleon/scripts
    Thanks Bran - I wound up uninstalling DMN and NPW and reloaded NPW using the hard disks. The reloaded NPW still had 320-man units, but it allowed me to access the unit size input in the Options menu, which I was unable to do before. I set it to Ultra, which translated to 160-man units in NTW, reloaded DMN, and using MP setting was successful in re-acquiring same in DMN mode.

Regarding Beta, many thanks to Darth, you, and the others for your continued efforts to improve upon an already incredible mod. I plan on sticking with v2.6+++ for awhile. My only comment would be to return artillery (both round and canister) to the effectiveness it had in vanilla NTW - I don't even bother raising howitzer units using v2.6+++ - more likely to hit my own men than the enemy's. Cheers.

hi guys,

i have beta 3 installed (I think it is) - played a campaign battle and the AI just put all its inf into a huge rectangle which then rushed troops in melee. The map had no obstacles so it was a bit disappointing to see that happen. I'll try the latest beta though

Just had a couple of questions:

Is there any way to get the enemy to walk rather than run towards me? if I'm defending and the AI is the attacker it whole army tends to run/march/run towards me - just looks a bit comical.

haven't played many campaign battles (i tend to test the BAI using custom battles) but i notice that the AI mostly lines up in one long line and advances holding that formation until it'll charges me with its units. Does your mod incorporate formations? i thought i read in one of the change logs that it does (btw - your mod seems to work with HK's formations mod)

Is the Whiff of Sulphur mod compatible with your mod? the only reason I ask is that on naval battles the smoke makes it lag although land battles are fine. if I turn the water detail down to medium then naval battles don't lag but with the WoS mod I could have the water detail on high with no lag

Darth - thanks for all your hard work with this mod. I can't imagine the number of hours you put into this mod. you have definitely saved this game

Tried the latest beta - just to re-cap I've installed 2.6+++ and beta 8

did a custom battle on the Italian grassland map and the AI was a bit of a mess. Nearly all of his cavalry advanced within range of my rifles suffering heavy losses. The centre of his infantry approached my lines in a leapfrogging manner right up to my centre and melee followed. His flanks did exchange ranged fire but the centre just charged me

i don't have any other mods installed but I must be doing something wrong. I only play with 20 units and as mentioned custom battles. Any advice would be appreciated as I feel I'm missing out. Maybe it's me and how I'm arranging my army. My canons were in the centre so I don't know if the AI is set to go for them as a priority but I still had lines of infantry in front of them. The other thing I noticed on the Italian grassland map is that when the AI negotiates the obstacles in the middle of map it never really forms back up again and is disjointed which doesn't help it's cause.
    Last edited by Alanhn8526; March 12, 2013 at 04:54 PM.

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Icon4 Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 8 (11/3/2012)

New update 8 tested with Swiss,
    Campaign:
    To many single units wandering arround and not merging to a stack.
    I can't trade when I put my Indiamans on a trade post, neither sugar, ivory, cotton, etc.
    Austria, never looks back to defend their territories they are attacked from the Otomans while they keep attacking Italy, unless they take the city and destroy Italy as a faction, then they start to attack the Otomans. I have seen this with Denmark at war with Meklenburg and Sweden, while they attacked Meklenburg they left Denmark (city) undefended and got wipped out by Sweden instantly. In another test with the previous update 7 with Otomans campaign, I saw France being steemrolled by England coming from Spain.

Battle:
    I've notticed with fattigue something strange, my "very tired" units, when they chase "tired" units they catch them, like my men are in anabolics or something .
    AI Cavalry attacks first without infantry support.

Those so far,
    Regards,
    NobleStef80

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 9 (14/3/2012)

New update 9:
    I repaired the CAI greatly, I think, please tell me if it is better and now at a state I can release.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

BETA 9; Prussia 40 unit save. To January 1806 This is the most static beta yet. No war at all with anyone. Austria is only attacking the Ottomans-all other factions have done nothing. No construction in regions except the Austrians have upgraded one building. No naval invasions. Britain is protecting its ports although no navy has attempted to blockade it yet! Darth the expansion settings are way too high that is why no body is doing anything. Get them down to 5000 Britain 6000 French the Rest of the Europe to 3500. The CAI is hamstrung. Set the spending to more regional development and construction behavior so they can build and technology research bias set it higher so faction develop tech faster. The French should be aggressive as this is Napoleon Total War not Napoleon Total Turtle
    Pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darth beta 9 French.jpg   Darth beta 9 England.jpg   Darth Beta 9 Austria.jpg  

Hello !

I started a campaign, March 11, with the 2.65 beta (I don't remember wich update it was). I puted beta 9 yesterday.

It is good, but diplomacy is too easy :

1813 (I played a lot). I'm Russia with 34 city. It remain only Prussia (40 city), hostile to mee but trading with me. I play normal difficulty (for campaign and battles).

=> I declare war to Prussia, take a few city. Then I pay them 25 000 gold and ask for peace and trade agrement. They agree. Few turn later when my troops are heal, I began a new war, take some citys, and ask for peace and trade (giving 25 000 gols) : they say OK, and don't attack me.

Here is my save : http://www.filedropper.com/russian_1

You can test.

I forget to put pictures a few turn later :

1 : Early June 1814. I took few city from Prussia. Now we are trading in peace.

2 : But you see Prussia is hostile to mee ( -1269 !!). but they will not attack me.

3 : I attack them (war is declared).

4 : I pay 25 000 gold, ask peace and trade agrement.

5 : They agreed. Peace again..

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	934.8 KB 
ID:	271351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	781.3 KB 
ID:	271352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	778.5 KB 
ID:	271353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	765.6 KB 
ID:	271354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	762.5 KB 
ID:	271355

New update 9 feedback playing as Batavia, (moded the fog of war for better feedback)

Campaign:
    Spain, has 4 full stacks going back and forth (stuck and not going anywhere else) on a section by their military port on the top of Spain. Probably planning an invasion to England but there are no ships to transport them.
    France, got overpowered by the Prossians, I have noticed that some of France troops have low accuracy, reload, morale etc. to sustain a historical war against Prussia, Russia, Austria etc.

Edit: Shouldn't Denmark be allies with France from the beggining? Historically France rellied a lot on Dannish Fleets even after the naval battle of Trafalgar, they have run out of fleets.
    Edit2: Sweden stands idol doing nothing.
    England, they have loaded a full stack, probably for an invasion, and they wander around in the sea trying to destroy Spanish ships or French.

Battle:
    I have noticed when the AI has "normal cavalry" as a General unit (Not a General unit) like a captain or something, they tend to charge with out infantry support, "full frontal attack", and they die instantly by my infantry. There goes the battle, won by a captain's stupidity!

I'll be reporting back if I notice anything else.

Regards,
    NobleStef80
    Last edited by NobleStef80; March 16, 2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: More testing and feedback.

I will have to re-make all 40 unit saves because they are set in Historical Mode and this prohibits too much the CAI (It is too scripted). Therefore the open beta has no meaning. You will have to wait for the full release with a surely better CAI and other improvements not possible with this small file of the beta.

Good day to you all. I've this problem with the game that came with darthmod. Great mod but it seems that my infantry is having a bit of a personality disorder. My Foots think they are guard units, revolutionary inf. and horse artys Did this happen to anyone else and can you help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathkeeper View Post
    Good day to you all. I've this problem with the game that came with darthmod. Great mod but it seems that my infantry is having a bit of a personality disorder. My Foots think they are guard units, revolutionary inf. and horse artys Did this happen to anyone else and can you help with this?
    I have the same proble with beta 8 spaing campaign, when i click a hussars unit (in battle) they say: "Milita!!", and the dragoons think they are lancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathkeeper View Post
    Welcome to the forums my friend,
    This has been reported before and I think DARTH VADER is aware of it, this will be probably be fixed in the full release.

Regards,
    NobleStef80

Firstly loving the work you are doing, really appreciate the time and effort you and others put in...

Currently playing update 8.... An find the BAI alittle too eager to rush across the field and engage in melee. I had hoped to see the AI form up and exchange volleys. However many units just steam across the field, stop short...think about firing and then charge into combat. However from what I've seen the Cav do a good job!

Quote Originally Posted by NobleStef80 View Post
    Welcome to the forums my friend,
    This has been reported before and I think DARTH VADER is aware of it, this will be probably be fixed in the full release.

Regards,
    NobleStef80
    Thank you for the info Stef I've played for awhile after I wrote here and I've noticed some stuff. Cavalry attacks were much more intelligent but still some Cavs tried to break through my lines without any support and infantry lined in a weird angle that allowed my infantry to shoot them but they couldn't fire. Maybe it was because my arty units were at my center and they didn't want to get close to them

Next feedback about Battle:

@DARTH, infantry tends to form a square when they come closer my infantry and I try to flank them with other infantry, is this intended? I've noticed this when they run out of bullets do that aswell instead of attacking me in mellee.

NobleStef80

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 10 (20/3/2012)

New update 10 just uploaded.
    The last before full release.
    Test campaign AI only on normal 20 Unit Campaigns (not 40 Units) because I will remake all of them to disable the heavy scripting of Historical setting.
    Test also Battle AI challenge (made some slight changes). Now the AI should make better lines I think, but had no time to test myself.

Darth, your mods are the first I look for when I want a mod. You have made every Total War game much more realistic and challenging for an old grognard like me. In fact, you have a real talent to do complex systems that simulate reality very well. Do not worry that they did not invite you as one of the best modders in the business. I was once a public speaker and because I got seven standing ovations at a convention - guess what? I was never invited back, pretty lame huh? The same thing happened to you. You are so good at modding games, they do not want the competition or its just simple jealousy.

Regarding the Napoleon mod: your battles are mostly good but the real problem is in the campaign as listed in this thread. Britain especially is passive with its navy. I have a suggestion sir. Look at the Lordz mod campaign. They have mainly created battles for muliplayer but the campaign is top notch. The aggressive CAI is formidable and consistent. Take a look, you might pick up some ideas.

Thanks for your work - I have been wargaming for over 40 years and I know talent when I see it and you and your team have it. Do not quit, that is what all those who secretly hope you will fail want.

Take care

Patrician

BETA 10 TEST Prussia 20 unit world domination Darth Mod campaign. Played till March 1806. Active! French attack Cleaves May 1805. French attack Austria June 1805 and are repulsed. French attack Berlin Dec. 1805. Sept 1805 British make Naval Landing in Northern Germany and protect Berlin. Late Oct. 1805 another British Naval landing Northern Germany Russian army reinforces British army in Pomerania. One British army moves south west from Berlin to attack Hannover; is repulsed. October 1805 French army destroys one Prussian and one British army each. Prussian army counter attack and french army retreats. Nov. 1805 British army moves south to protect Berlin.Napoleon attacks Berlin in Dec. 1805 and is surrounded by 3 armies 2 Prussian and one British and is defeated and retires. Economic development is still slow. Construction in Paris and London by mid 1806 no construction
    Battle Ai-less stupid charges and more firefights Good line formations. Defense battle Ai is confused and reforms all the time and takes its time to fire arty. Note on Arty-very innaccurate all over the place. I would lower the Artillery projectile calibration some. Needs better economy but war is active and that is good. Naval invasions great! Here are some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Napoleon blocked by Austrians.jpg   Wellington protects Berlin.jpg   Allies help.jpg  
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2013 at 01:19 AM.

Patrician

Marmaduke The Lordz use Hedge Knights CAI and it is indeed good. But this new beta 10 has good naval invasions and of course Darth battles are the best. If you want to play an insane campaign try my SubMod modifications for DM-amps up the war-well for more war!-if that is your flavor. all a matter of taste.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast