Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 11 (21/3/2012)

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 3 (27/2/2012)

The answer is no. Beta 3 better. And more expansion and development.

I agree with Bran. The BAI is still not as good as Beta 3 and previous. It lacks coordination between cav and inf and cohesion (mostly for inf) as sometimes it is going to attack one unit at a time. In general it lacks the aggressivity and the resolve I saw in beta 3 and previous. As for the CAI it is good as AI is building some solid armys however the major nations seem to be a bit passive on land. Prussia and Austria have yet to attack me even though they declared war 15 turns ago. I see a lot more activities from their navies especially Austria, Denmark and Spain. As for GB they did attack me in Brittany with a full stack but basically that is it. I see its navy patrolling between Brittany and Holland but not doing much else.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08-03-2013 22-09-39.jpg   08-03-2013 22-15-20.jpg   08-03-2013 22-12-42 - Copie.jpg   08-03-2013 22-21-22.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Centaure View Post
    I agree with Bran. The BAI is still not as good as Beta 3 and previous. It lacks coordination between cav and inf and cohesion (mostly for inf) as sometimes it is going to attack one unit at a time. In general it lacks the aggressivity and the resolve I saw in beta 3 and previous. As for the CAI it is good as AI is building some solid armys however the major nations seem to be a bit passive on land. Prussia and Austria have yet to attack me even though they declared war 15 turns ago. I see a lot more activities from their navies especially Austria, Denmark and Spain. As for GB they did attack me in Brittany with a full stack but basically that is it. I see its navy patrolling between Brittany and Holland but not doing much else.

do you PS these pictures ?
    perfect pics ..

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 6 (9/3/2012)

New Update uploaded!
    Ok reverted the BAI behaviour to update 3 state. I improved soldier synchronization and CAI according to requests. I think I cannot get it any better. Please give your last urgent feedback before final release.

PS. And Centaure... you know what else is requested. I cannot have enough of those beautiful battle images .

Patrician

I played as Prussia 40 unit sav to January 1806. There has not been any war yet except Austria attacking Munich and the Swiss . France is not expanding and their economy is static. Britain is bottled up (ports occupied) and their economy and construction is static. I check some major capitals and very little or no construction going on. Minor nations just turtle-no movement from them. Some naval activity-Spain is very active with her fleets. No naval invasions yet. This build is the most static yet- no action. Bring back the expansion behavior to France at least 6000 and Britain to 5000 Regular main factions to 3000 minors to 2000 and make minors get involved. Add expansion behavior line to eur_maintainance to get them off there butts Diplomacy was allied to england russia austria. ottomans decalre war on me in may and i had very good relations and trade with them. Britain and Russia end there alliance with me and then decare war on me for no reason. Next turn I make up and now they are allies again!?

Much much better for the BAI unfortunately I will will be traveling this week starting tomorrow so I won't have time to test the CAI. And as requested here are additional pics which are a bit darker than usual but hope you like them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09-03-2013 20-04-03.jpg   09-03-2013 19-47-11.jpg   09-03-2013 19-52-27.jpg   09-03-2013 19-56-46.jpg   09-03-2013 20-00-52.jpg  

Bran Mac Born I play exactly the same campaign and I have a completely different experience. Completely. I really hope you do not have an active mod when testing because it may affect the gameplay experience.

Patrician

Lord Vader I clean out my saves folder and start a fresh campaign-no other mods just using yours. So what sort of behavior are you seeing. Every 2.65 beta I have used their is little expansion going on. On 2.6 there was expansion going on. Although it was later in the year 1805.
    This is on Hard campaign settings. do you test with the 40 unit saves or 20 unit?

jepva's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry this does not concern the Beta, but seems to be the only thread getting responses. Just finished single-player Prussian campaign in 2.65+++. Line unit size was 160. I have just started a French campaign, same single-player settings but standard line unit size is now 320. How do I get it back to 160? Tried going back to vanilla but then wound up with 1-man units and am currently reloading NTW from scratch. Any suggestions as to what to do after I reload DMN to get 160 man units in single play?

Patrician

jepva-change the unit multiplier in all the user scripts to 1 steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data /DMN/scripts and your own user script in AppData folder-drive c/user /username/appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/napoleon/scripts.

jepva

You can simply select the 1x unit size from the launcher.

Bran, I play with 40 unit Coalition Campaign Prussia and there is action from the start.

Patrician

OK started new Prussian 40 unit campaign. Allied with Austria,Russia,Sweden,Hessen, Saxony,Britain. Turn 2 France declared war on Hessen with all allies joining. After that no body attack Kassal Hessen Austria attack Munich in April 1805 and took it. May 1805 Spain took Gibralter. August 1805 Austria sacked Northern Italy. Some Naval action on trade routes. By Jan 1806 No major War yet. France has not attacked anyone, her armies are all around Paris. Britain not doing anything. Russia moving men to the west. Ottomans turtle. No naval invasions so far. The only activity against Prussia-attacked by the Dutch 30 unit stack at Cleaves in Jan 1806. Little or no construction going on by 1806. Here are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darth2.65+++England1806.jpg   Darth2.65+++ Jan1806.jpg  

I know now that BAI is perfect. I agree also that the CAI is too conservative now. It is active but very defensive. Will focus on CAI now.

Patrician

Darth bring up the expansion behavior but not over 6000 for majors 2500 for minors. Up the spending for construction and region development cause regions are not constructing stuff. Plus up the gdp bonus for factions so they can develop their ecomony better maybe 20% more money? And tech research multiplier so factions develop tech better.

jepva's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    jepva-change the unit multiplier in all the user scripts to 1 steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data /DMN/scripts and your own user script in AppData folder-drive c/user /username/appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/napoleon/scripts.
    Bran - The good news is that vanilla has gone from 1-man units to 320-man units - now if I can only get that back down to 160-man units...Then per your suggestion went to the DMN/script which had 1X, 2x, and Custom - didn't know what to do at that point. Could not find an AppData followed by "roaming" in my c: drive.

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 7 (11/3/2012)

New update!
    Tell me now if the CAI is more aggressive as you would like.

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 8 (11/3/2012)

And an urgent update 8 with a minor CAI enhancement. Use the last one. If you can compare with 7 to tell me which is better.

Patrician

jepva-user/username/appdata/roaming/the creative assebly/napoleon/scripts

Patrician

Beta 7 & 8. played one year. Did not see much a difference sorry to say. Prussia 40 unit. Was invaded by Dutch in august 1805 they took Cleaves. Austria sacked Wittemburg. France start ed to move 3 armies to the Austrian border and in Sept then turned around and headed back to Paris. Someone forgot the doughnuts! Britain holed up. War declared but no battles. Economies not developing. Little construction. I looked at the expansion settings and they are too high. Sweetspot for France is 6000 Britain 5000 other factions 3000 for nap_eur_full and
    nap_eur_maintaintace 2500 if ya ever give them some expansion they will support you in wars and such. I would get regional development to at least .35 and spending for construction to at least .30 and technology research bias to .3 and you will get good economic development. I have tested and tested these numbers and this is what happens. You can see what I mean by play testing the mod with these numbers or use my file I uploaded. Historically Napoleon counter attacked in July 1805 yes-that is what i tried to make the cai do. Naploeon moves out in summer 1805 with these settings.

Patrician

Here is a pic from Prussian Campaign. beta 7. Beta 8 played only to November 1805 nothing was happening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darth beta 7.jpg  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast