Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 11 (21/3/2012)

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 3 (27/2/2012)

Love the mod, but I have a couple issues in relation to my Denmark campaign (settings are Hard/Med):

First, in my drydocks, Ships of the Line are listed twice for each type ( two 80 gunners, two 74's, etc) except one costs less and has less crew. The bad thing is, when you get in a battle you find out the ship only has 23 guns, out of 80.

Second, the naval auto-resolve (even after beta) is not even close to realistic as I had a fleet of 16 SOLs and 4 smalls (Denmark) vs. 5 SOLs and 13 smalls(France). The result was 17 sunk, and 3 captured and no loss to them. My admiral was even better. There is no way this could realistically happen. I couldn't even sink the the ones that had 0 guns?

I really do love the mod, but this left a bad taste in my mouth about the naval numbers and auto resolve.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta

I'm getting wacky diplomacy...e.g. Austria offers peace and enters into treaty then declares war on next turn...will accept peace offer and declare war on next turn, even the first "scripted" peace after the initial fall of Vienna over and over again. Happens with the minors as well.

Update: In early 1806 all my minor allies turned on me except Batavia Republic. Some I am able to lure back into the fold with technology the rest are destroyed and "liberated." Some go back and forth allied and then war declared (like Austria noted above)

The wacky diplomacy can be fun (would be too murderous in Shogun2) The fact that the German states turned against me allowed Prussia to get the upper hand...for a few moments anyway. The backstabbing makes every unit you have count although having peace treaties mean nothing is ridiculous.

I've lost track whether Austria is at war with me it changes so much.
    Last edited by Huberto; March 02, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Playing as Prussia until Earlier 1806: I declare war to Batavia Republic, they invade me and take one city, i take the city again and march on amsterdam and freedom the nation. The same with Belgium against the french. France is too passive against me, im in the city next to Paris and they have 1 garrison full stack 1 full stack with napoleon and other minor armys near, they pass me very near without doing nothing twice. But against austria they take baviera. Austria send 1 full stack and other half stack and take the city. Austria conquer the north of italy, denmark block my port so i invade Copenaghue.

The brittish diplomacy is too agressive, they broke our alliance and exige a pay to made it again. I payd. Some turns later they do the same thing, im not paying **** to those britts for being my allies. After taking Amsterdam the brittish fleet has much more activity, they patrol the English channel and mediterranean. They send some troops to spain i think (but im not shure).

Im not seeing the french fleet a while ago, and they are in broke (they has army dessertion).

About BAI, the enemy arty fires from the begining of the battle but in some moment they limber the cannons and do nothing, the CAV outflank me several times, the infantry is forming a 1st coherent line but the rear lines go to right and left at the beggining. In a battle against Batavia they had a important number superiority but they where disorganized because the disbands. Suddenly an important part of the enemy infantry retreat, i belive they where living the battle but no, they form a very strong line of about 5 or 6 battalions out of my arty range. Impossible to beat with my infantry very low on ammo and with several casualties, i had no choice that retire.

You only need to change some minor things but this is the correct way to perfection

Hi Darth,

I am back after a break due to real world issues and I have the surprise to see a new beta....you just never quit
    So evidently I tried it and I confirm previous feedbacks about the BAI...it is just great absolutely great.
    I am very impressed of how the enemy keeps its cohesion. I just had a 45 unit battle and the enemy AI just kept sending well formed lines after its inf was routed again and again.

It kept regrouping and attack in a very orderly fashion and it gave me a hell of a fight. The AI arty also did a great pounding job my line where most of his attack was going to take place and targeting
    my cav. SO one word comes to mind "BRAVO"

As for the CAI I have just restarted a new campaign so it is a bit early but so far the AI is aggressive I haven't seen much of UK yet but like I said it is early.
    With that to celebrate this major improvement you will find some pictures of my last battle so I hope I didn't get too rusty at taking screenshots....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02-03-2013 18-45-38.jpg   02-03-2013 18-49-51.jpg   02-03-2013 18-54-56.jpg   02-03-2013 18-56-55.jpg   02-03-2013 18-59-43.jpg  

02-03-2013 19-02-39.jpg   02-03-2013 19-06-05.jpg   02-03-2013 19-08-17.jpg   02-03-2013 19-10-29.jpg  

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Wow Centaure these are amazing spectacular and just freakin great. Darth you should make some of the most epic one as loading screens in your mod.

Thanks Bran, glad that you like them but to be honest I wasn't overly satisfied with them. I guess it is fine for a starter. By the way congrats for your mod it seems you have fallen for the dark side..... "modding"
    Last edited by Centaure; March 02, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Patrician

Centaure Yes I have been modding away for years. It can be a sickness hahahaha. In any case here is a report on Beta 3 build.
    Prussia 40 unit sav. to Sept 1805 -Austria is a monster eating the Ottomans. France has taken Kessel. France slow to expand. Lot's of naval activity but where are the British fleets-ghost fleets? Found Nelson in Norfolk trading node, I took Savanna so he would not park there-well he found another parking space. Britain bottled up by French and Spanish fleets. No war till August 1805 when all major factions except Spain and France declared war on me. Maybe cause I was trading with France and buying them off with gifts? I had Very Friendly relations(+200) and trade agreements with all these factions Austria, Russia, England, Sweden, Denmark etc. They declare war on me for no reason- that is retarded. Fix that please. So anyhow England naval invaded with half stack in Northern Germany. Construction behavior-factions have not constructed much at all so far-I spied all the major regions. Army sizes are small not many full stacks-a few in major capitals that is all. Minor factions are doing nothing. How about giving them something to do?

Darth please make the smoke less laggy when zooming in. Maybe less particles or smth. I play on high settings with no problem and it's the ONLY reason that kills my fps. It's supposed to be well optimized if I'm not mistaking...

please try to fix the diplomacy in all the 40 stack army saves >< its no fun at war with everyone by turn 10

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 4 (3/3/2012)

New update!
    Please check the changelog of what is new and give feedback asap!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    New update!
    Please check the changelog of what is new and give feedback asap!
    I would ask because the variants are too near in the realization.
    2.6 ++ and 2.6 +++ and now 2.65 beta version.
    The problem, for me, is to find simply gamers for play online this FANTASTIC MOD, THE BEST.
    It is no simple that all gamers have same version, for play in multiplayer the mod.
    I've maked also a group on Steam for this mod, for play this mod!

This is the only question and for give notice for what really is.
    Many many thanks for the attention and for give us these beautiful mod(s).
    Ciao from Italy
    Villapotenza

I just tried Beta 4 in a new 45 unit battle. I think the previous version was better as the AI seemed to be hesitant at times on what to do next as the AI units started dancing around in its center for a little bit until it made its decision. AI Cav was also used late in the battle instead of the coordination I saw with the previous beta. Overall I had an easy victory compared to the dog fights I had previously. To be confirmed in other battles and by other players.

Meanwhile here are some pics from the battle with the DMN effects doing what they do best:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03-03-2013 17-59-17.jpg   03-03-2013 18-12-56.jpg   03-03-2013 18-19-37.jpg   03-03-2013 18-22-19.jpg   03-03-2013 18-25-17.jpg  

03-03-2013 18-28-56.jpg   03-03-2013 18-31-50.jpg  
    Last edited by Centaure; March 03, 2013 at 01:21 PM.

Do you need 7-zip to unzip the file? Or can you use Win rar?

Best screens of NTW I ever saw...cinematic!

NinjaMidget, use 7-zip.

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Centaure,
    great pictures man, but you are in the wrong thread. Please, continue post pictures at this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ic-Screenshots!

Regards,
    NobleStef80

Patrician

Beta 4; Battle Ai not as good as beta 3-less line cohesion and Ai seems to be a bit confused as what to do shuffles around. CAI factions need to develop their economy better and expand. Minor nations still not doing much. Naval is better balanced. Factions break treaties even with very good relations.(Hard coded?) Factions gang up on you even if you have not done anything to them at all. Note; in naval priorities for mobile force raise enemy region back to .9 as you get more naval invasions. And from what I tested. lower the percent of navy use in trading as this helps stop the AI from camping big fleets in trade nodes. So as I said before give minor nations (eur_manintainance) some expansion behavior and raid behavior and better -help allies behavior so they can join in the campaign instead of just sitting and waiting to be taken over. Makes for a more exciting campaign. And lastly please look into fixing the Cav stop behavior-Cav charges and then stops in front of your units and does nothing and gets shot up. Heavy cav unit most affected by this. Also Cav gets stuck with infantry and drags them around-is this do to unit spacing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    And lastly please look into fixing the Cav stop behavior-Cav charges and then stops in front of your units and does nothing and gets shot up. Heavy cav unit most affected by this. Also Cav gets stuck with infantry and drags them around-is this do to unit spacing?
    Yes, this is real game breaker for me.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 3 (26/2/2012)

My main issue with the 2.65 beta updates (and 2.6+++ before) so far playing as France is that the lack of economic development of the CAI powers, especially Great Britain. One of my agents wandered into Edinburgh, Scotland in early 1807 and there was the lowest level buildings. London still has only a magistrate and barracks.

The diplomacy is a little bit calmer now, but I can't tell if that's because of my position in the game or Darth's tweaking.

Although Nelson has kept a blockade of Antwerp for almost two years with a large fleet (!) , the British don't seem to be doing anything else. No naval invasions, no occupying of trade nodes. They don't seem to be growing their navy or military. I could occupy all their ports if I wanted to.

I'm still taking screens, let me know if you're interested in seeing them.

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 5 (6/3/2012)

New update 5:
    Please tell me if the BAI is now better than this of Update 3.
    CAI should be improved in developing and other things.

PS. Centaure.... fantastic images as always. Perfect present!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast