Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born mod edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Bran Mac Born mod edits

From what I see in 40 game saves Britain is stuck in England and does not protect its ports and does not make many ships (how can it when its ports are destroyed turn after turn) so it cannot expand. How about a garrison of troops posted in all British ports with a good starting navy protecting them. On the other hand the story is different with 20 unit games-I have seen Britain invade Holland and Spain and France but not Northern Germany. I have seen them take over Spain by 1809. This is on Hard settings. Maybe on 40 unit game the AI cannot use 40 unit armies with ships? Trade nodes in 40 units games are not being use much by the AI-again better with 20 unit games. AI expansion in 40 unit games AI makes stacks but they just huddle around capitals-on 20 unit they attack other countries-more action with 20 units. On the spotting test I upped the spotting by 25 on light cav and skirmishers and the response on the battle field is better as they reacted to nearby enemy units by countering their moves so spot woods=75 scrub=150 long grass=200
    these units are scouts. I think all units should have the hide in woods setting as it is better for surprise attacks help AI on battlefield. And on the Infantry vs CAV charges for better balance setting of 12 and CAV deceleration to 3 and knock backs to 0= 25 and knock downs 0 = 40 so they just do not stop right in front of infantry line and do some penetration and some knock down of units.

Patrician

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,6 "Epic Edition" Feedback

GOT NAVAL INVASIONS IN 40 UNIT SAVE GAMES! I changed the expansion behavior to 9000 for Europe and lowered the region defense to 3500 and played France on Very Hard Very Hard or Expert Battle and Zowie!
    Denmark Landed 2 full stacks on the West coast of France below Brittany I lost 3 cities and they attacked Paris and they were defeated. and England Landed 2 stacks one at Normandy and the other at Calis and took Caen and Prussia attacked Brussels and Hannover. All by turn 8! Britain sank two of my fleets too! Super! 40 units saves are at Hard the last time I read I wonder what would be like on Very Hard Campaign? 20 game campaign on VH and it is Total War Madness. Just Crazy War from turn 5. Hell on Earth.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 10, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

awesome!!!...

makes the Great... Greatness!!!

Best regards

Patrician

Zizz- Verify game catche in Steam first. Make sure no other mods installed - check your script-Then start game with single player defaults .

Patrician

Updated
    CAMPAIGN AI MODIFICATIONS
    Campaign_AI_Manager_Behavior_Junction_tables;
    War & Peace Europe 3000 France 2000 Britain 3200 eur_maintainance 2500
    Diplomacy Manager 0
    Naval Strength Manager-Britain 2000 Europe 3200 France 3500
    EXPANSION BEHAVIOR -Europe 3800 Britain 4500 France 8500 eur_maintainance 2500
    Military Rank Behavior France 500 Britain 700 Europe 750
    Merge Units 2000
    Recapture Behavior 1200 eur_maintainance 950
    Region Defense 2000 Britain 3000 France 3500 eur-maintainance 950
    Region Coast Defense 600 Britain 450
    Port Blockade Behavior 700
    Trade Rout Raiding Behavior 800
    Navy Attack Behavior Europe 1200, Britain 800, France 1000
    Global Construction Behavior 650 Britain 500 France 675
    Navy Recruitment 2000 Britain 1500
    Navy Distribution 1500
    Research Technology 350 Britain 400 France 500
    Regional Development 375
    Taxation 800
    Trade Behavior 500
    Trade Area Behavior 3500 Britain 5000
    Raid Behavior 1000
    Help Ally in War 1000

Campaign_ Ai_ Personality_ Junction_Tables
    Region Defense Base Priorities;
    Borders 17
    Grouping 20
    Reserves 12
    Settlements 42
    Slots 9
    Base Construction Bias;
    Economic .32
    Education .2
    Happiness .05
    Military .38
    Prestige .05
    Basic Spending Bias;
    Construction .36
    Diplomacy .09
    Recruit Army .35
    Recruit Navy .20
    Personality Desire Raid Regions Base 30
    Personality Value Basic Desire Recapture Regions Base 60
    Basic Desires;
    Buffer Zone Behavior 20
    Defend Region Goal Base 27
    Defend Region Groups 20
    Region Development Goal Base 33
    Research Technology Dynamic Balance .3
    Research Technology Thread Bias;
    Administration 30
    Economic 35
    Military 35
    Granuloid Construction Bias;
    Faction .20
    Personality .20
    Region .40
    Region Group .20
    Navy Local Distribution Importance:
    Mobile .10
    owned by enemy .75 friend .1 neutral .1 self .05
    Port .30
    owned by enemy .3 friend .1 neutral .1 self .5
    Region .30
    owned by enemy .3 friend .05 neutral .05 self .6
    Trade Route .30
    owned by enemy .25 friend 0.75 neutral 0.25 self .65
    Ok Have a go at it and test it.

Play - Battle Very Hard Level!

Try it and see.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 18, 2013 at 03:23 AM.

Bran Mac Born, I mod MTW2, but have never modded Napolean. Are these files you mention small enough to upload? Or, is changing them manually easy enough? Been playing 40 unit France, and it has been a stroll in the park....
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Patrician

Just open the DMN-Darth Mod Napoleon pack file in the data folder in your Napoleon Total War folder (Drive C/rogram files x86/Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data) with the Pack File Manager and change the setting in the (db files) and Save. done. Remember to make a back up before.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 10, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Zizz- Verify game catche in Steam first. Make sure no other mods installed - check your script-Then start game with single player defaults .

I've no other mods installed. Steam account must be on?!...

Patrician

Yes indeed. Steam on.

Patrician

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 02, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Patrician

Playing test 40 unit campaign as Spain with new settings. Naval Wars every where. British not bottled up. Ports open. Britain Landed full stack army in France Britanny and marched down to Novarra Spain and attacked city and took it. France is having a big war with Prussia Austria and Russia. The Russians sent 2 armies to help the Austrians and the Prussians are defending Berlin with 5 armies against 2 big stack French armies. The Austrians with the help of the Russians have push back the French. The Spanish fleet was attacked by the Austrians the Russians and the British. Big fleets of 7- 8 good ships. This is all by June 1806. The smaller factions are not doing anything. The Swiss were destroyed.
    In 20 unit DarthMod campaign games all factions are active-with alot of movement on the map. The 40 game is the Coalition campaign so maybe not so much chaos. Well at least England is in it and doing Naval invasions. Oh the Danes are all over the Sea with fleets. Vikings still rule the sea.

Default Re: Bran Mac Born mod edits

I have transferred all these to a separate thread because it is better.
    Please note that if you make the nations too aggressive then you destroy diplomacy and everyone will fight to the death.
    Additionally the "Invasion Fleet" is an obsolete unit class not used by the game. You must enable in unit tables this class for some units if you want to use it. It does not affect Naval Invasions.

I will try this stats and report back.
    BTW, would it help if we start regular WH/WH campaign and then edit savegame file to 40 unit stack?
    Would that gave AI some boost like in regular 20 stack campaign?
    And also, what to edit to decrease unit cost and upkeep? Maby AI do not have enough money?

Patrician

Oh did not know that thanks for the info. Does the setting War & Peace control how much War there will be?
    Well the the game is too static-You know what Empire Total War was like nothing happening? Just trying to make it so the AI will attack and make its victory conditions. Expansion behavior you can turn it down and everyone just sits in their own country and does nothing until attacked unless they are hard coded to attack via script etc. I want to play Total War not total diplomacy.

Patrician

HERE IS MY CURRENT BATTLE AI SETTINGS Test them out. Best results with 1.3 to 1.6 unit multipliers-too large multipliers 1.7 and above cause path finding problems and bad line cohesion.
    KV Rules:
    artillery projectile calibration area 55
    attack power extreme range multiplier 0.88
    attack power long range multiplier 0.99
    factor attack dir flank left 9
    factor attack dir flank right 9
    factor attack dir front 3
    factor attack dir rear 19
    fire and advance reload multiplier -15
    firing drill mass reload multiplier 70
    melee entrenchment level multiplier 4
    melee cavalry v square infantry -20
    missile cover;
    excellent 4
    good 3
    slight 2
    some 1
    none 0
    projectile calibration area 35
    naval projectile calibration area 450

Battle Entities Table;
    Distance to adopt Charge Stance- CAV 255 Infantry 155
    Distance to pick Charge Target CAV 135 Infantry 13

CAV CHARGE FIX!-
    Crushing charges!
    KV RULES;
    hn bonus_melee_cav_v_infantry=12 ;lower number is weaker defense for infantry you can try 10 for more lethal charges-this is a nice balance
    melee x hold knockbacks:
    0= 35
    1= 75
    2= 132
    3= 145
    4= 188
    melee x hold knockdowns:
    0= 40
    1= 80
    2= 135
    3= 155
    4= 175
    melee x hold stepbacks:
    0= 25
    1= 55
    2= 158
    3= 268
    4= 348

Battle Entities Table:
    Cav Charge; (speed of charge)
    light 14
    medium 13
    heavy 12
    Deceleration:
    light 3
    medium 3.5
    heavy 4
    Collision Shape;
    Cav ellipse
    Infantry ellipse
    Projectile Tables:
    Canister shot:
    Range 220 Velocity 145=straighter shots. range is good. Gun Elevation 24
    PDGuru all units mod you must make changes in Battle Entities to match these.
    NOTE: You have to open the mod file of PDGuru All Unit Mod and change the Battle Entities table there too to match these settings-Distance to adopt Charge Stance- 155
    Distance to Pick Charge Target- 13

Ok THAT IS ALL Have a bloody great battle best on Expert or Very Hard.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 02, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks, cav charge is better.
    However, we still need fix for unit stuck among each other
    Yesterday, I've had cav unit streched across half of map, because few horseman got stuck among arty, so entire unit stretched across half of map when I've ordered them to charge the enemy.
    This bug seriously reduced cav usage.
    Units simply can not reform properly

Patrician

Maybe papa you should update your video card drivers? How about graphic settings for the game? Maybe that is the problem? I have seen units get tangled up and stuck together in a spoke testing Ai settings. Some units set stuck on parts of maps. Pathfinging issue? Spacing issue? There was the problem of units getting stuck on gate in Darthmod Shogun 2-Darth fixed it. I have seen strung out horse in single file when routed. post a picture of it.

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Hello Gentlemen...

I'm an old Kingdoms AI modder. I worked on the XAI team. I have been doing modding to Napoleon for my own personal enjoyment.

Something you may want to look at in the "save game" file is...(I will use France and Spain as examples)

In the save file, open with ESF.editor...goto

CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME/CAMPAIGN_ENV/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/France-FACTION_ARRAY/France-FACTION

Notice on the 6th line it states " True - major, false - minor " Value=True

Notice on the 19th line it states " nap_eur_france " (this is the " campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions " label the game uses)

Notice on the 20th line it states " eur_france " (this is the " campaign_ai_personality_junctions " label the game uses on top of the default values)

Now go to...

CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME/CAMPAIGN_ENV/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/Spain-FACTION_ARRAY/Spain-FACTION

Notice on the 6th line it states " True - major, false - minor " Value=True

Notice on the 19th line it states " nap_eur_maintenance " (this is the " campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions " label the game uses)

Notice on the 20th line it states " default " (this is the " campaign_ai_personality_junctions " label the game uses)

You may want to also look at the " nap_eur_maintenance " values when making adjustments to the " campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions " table.

I just go into whichever save game I'm playing and manually change all the line 19s that are " nap_eur_maintenance " to " nap_eur_full " at the start of my campaign. I tend to like a more wide open and wild campaign.

Also, you may want to do more testing with the " DIPLOMACY_MANAGER " values in the " campaign_ai_manager_behavior_junctions " table. I have found that I can get stagnant campaigns when I put values other than 0 in there.

One other thing I have done, is to go to the " factions_table " and change all " non_expansionist " countries to " minor ". I cant say whether this has made any difference or not though, just something I am putting out there to look at also.

Anyway...just some things I thought might be worth looking at...keep up the great work.
    Last edited by MiiKLL; February 12, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Patrician

Thank You for that information. I made sure that eur_full and eur_mantainance setting are the same. but eur-full has Expansion behavior that is so important. So you are saying that bringing up the value of Diplomacy makes it easier or harder? So lower values make it harder or easier? Of higher values make it more; example coast defense does higher number make faction protect coast more or less?

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

I am having a good campaign and some tough battles using yours and Darth's values. I just wish the game engine could handle the large unit sizes of Darthmod better. The pathfinding of the game engine leaves a lot to be desired with the large units.
    Last edited by MiiKLL; February 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast