Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 11 (21/3/2012)

Default DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 11 (21/3/2012)

Due to your feedback I believe there is still some room for improvement. So here it is, you know, a new open beta to make the mod even better:

Installation instructions
    -You have to have installed the DarthMod Napoleon v2.6+++ Full version and enabled
    -Download and unzip this: DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon_v2,65_BetaPack_Update_11.zip
    -Copy DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack and paste it to the game's data folder usually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data to overwrite the previous pack.

What it includes

• Drastic CAI tweaks for a better diplomacy, challenge and effective Britain. AI ships should be repaired too. (Updated 21-3-2012)
    • Land & Naval Autocalc Improvements. (Updated 3-3-2012)
    • Mass improvements. Melee penetration much more intense. (Updated 9-3-2012)
    • BAI decisioning improvements. It should be more challenging. (Updated 21-3-2012)
    • Canister should have better trajectories (Thanks to Bran Mac Born tip about high elevation).
    • Soldier synchronization even more realistic. (Updated 21-3-2012)

I need your feedback on a new campaign if possible to understand if the CAI is better now.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta

Darth Best battle Ai yet. Bravo sir. Coherent battle lines drawn! Gunfights! Good Cav flanking! No blobs no dancing around. Ai attacks in a logical way Arty blasts from the start. Campaign 40 unit French. The British naval invade Hannover in June 1805 and are developing. Minor nations protect Munich from probing Austians attacks. The Swiss with a 30 unit stack intercepted an Austrian army that tried to attack Stausburg in France. I would focus the Ai more in developing economy and less on diplomacy or balance that so all regions develop. I am only seeing small stacks. Not seeing much naval action. Again you have a winner with that Battle AI! For 40 unit saves I would lower upkeep also so Ai can field Huge armies as this is DARTH MOD after all.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

I agree with Bran, work just fine.

BAI now acts correctly, haven't seen any blobbing or chicken dancing on attack or defence, AI on defence works to engage while protecting itself best it can, on the attack AI doing a good job.

Whatever you've done Darth seems to have worked out the issues that were ruining game play.

Good work.

Peace
    Ships! I see no ships!

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Darth Best battle Ai yet. Bravo sir. Coherent battle lines drawn! Gunfights! Good Cav flanking! No blobs no dancing around. Ai attacks in a logical way Arty blasts from the start. Campaign 40 unit French. The British naval invade Hannover in June 1805 and are developing. Minor nations protect Munich from probing Austians attacks. The Swiss with a 30 unit stack intercepted an Austrian army that tried to attack Stausburg in France. I would focus the Ai more in developing economy and less on diplomacy or balance that so all regions develop. I am only seeing small stacks. Not seeing much naval action. Again you have a winner with that Battle AI! For 40 unit saves I would lower upkeep also so Ai can field Huge armies as this is DARTH MOD after all.
    Bran...can you modify the unkeep for 40 unit save?
    Last edited by LEGIO_XXX ULPIA; February 26, 2013 at 03:20 AM.

Patrician

I already did. It is in my settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    I already did. It is in my settings.
    the last one Bran?

Is Cav stop bug fixed?
    ALso, Darth, that annoying unit behavior when units get stuck among each other and cannot properly reform, did you fixed that as well?
    If not, could you please tell us what did you change that affect this behavior so we can revert it back?

Patrician

Legio it was always the case.

Bran and Hawkeye, your positive feedback means a lot because you follow the progress of DarthMod long time and I trust you. Gooood!
    I will need some more feedback about CAI (I am blind, I virtually do not play myself) so that I fine tune, finalise, offer full version for all to enjoy.

pajapatak
    Yes all these addressed. You do not have to revert anything. Just use this Open Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post

pajapatak
    Yes all these addressed. You do not have to revert anything. Just use this Open Beta.
    Great, I'll try it and report back.
    Last edited by pajapatak; February 26, 2013 at 05:14 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I will need some more feedback about CAI (I am blind, I virtually do not play myself) so that I fine tune, finalise, offer full version for all to enjoy.
    CAI for Britain doesn't appear to be functioning fully. Nelson has disappeared and London still hasn't built barracks in Summer 1805. Ports are also undefended.

Usually Britain combines it's navy on turn one, spends the next turn in the port shown below, spends the next turn occupying the Batavian Republic's port, then disappears (I usually find Nelson and the main British fleet several turns later occupying a trade node).

To test this Beta Darth, I copied your beta pack, replacing the one I was using (Bran's) here -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data -- and started a new campaign France 40 units European.

Here's London and undefended port in late June 1805:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And sure enough here is Nelson's "lost fleet," occupying the trade node opposite Portugal, which is where I usually find it. Turns out that a Dutch merchant fleet starts the game on this trade node. They leave when the British fleet blockades Amsterdam, returning home to "defend" their port. In reply Nelson apparently moves to occupy the now vacant trade node with a merchant ship or two and remains there for the rest of the game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Huberto; February 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Patrician

Huberto here is what you need to do to fix that.
    Open DMN_Darth Mod Napoleon in your Napoleon Total War data folder. Find Campaign AI Personality Junctions Table. Go down to these lines and change to these settings.
    NAVY DISTRIBUTION PRIORITY GLOBAL=1
    NAVY DISTRIBUTION LOCAL=2
    NAVY LOCAL DISTRIBUTION IMPORTANCE
    Mobile .10
    Port .35 Port owned by Enemy .20, Friend .03, Neutral .02, Self .75
    Region .35
    Trade Route .20
    There all fixed. Nelson will hang around where he should.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 26, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 2 (26/2/2012)

New open beta 2 which should make CAI to build more armies than in previous beta (allocated too much to treasury and development).

Huberto I cannot confirm that. In my test campaign in 40 Unit Campaign as prussian, Nelson was patrolling the seas and dominated French and Dutch fleets:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/DARTIS/screenshots

Bran this is not right that you did. You messed up the CAI. The values should add up to 1.0 per category.
    Huberto please check your installation.
    Both of you please play the beta unmodded to help me out with correct feedback.
    The BAI and battles are indeed perfect. I am not touching anything else.
    Please all help me to finalise the CAI to upload full version.

Patrician

Sorry for the typo Nick. Anyhow these work great. I have tested them.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 26, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Bran you have to hear me. The game will not CTD. It will just act weird from time to time or the AI will be overly aggressive if you mess values in this file. If you want to edit, follow my advice.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Huberto I cannot confirm that. In my test campaign in 40 Unit Campaign as prussian, Nelson was patrolling the seas and dominated French and Dutch fleets:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/DARTIS/screenshots
    Darth keep playing -- you are on the turn where they block Amsterdam. Nelson will disappear to a trade node next turn or the one after that.

Update: I'm having better experience with British fleet after reinstalling. My main port is now being blockaded by Nelson for multiple turns! Will check on England's cities and see if they are building up...and report back tomorrow.

Both of you please play the beta unmodded to help me out with correct feedback.
    Going to reinstall and try again. I am also concerned about England's economic development and the fact that they do not build up their navy and will be watching that.

I agree the BAI is splendid!
    Last edited by Huberto; February 26, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Patrician

Played new beta 2 update to 1806. SPAIN 40 UNIT SAV GAME.(no modifications) Here is what I saw. A lot of naval activity. Austria and Prussia is the only factions to expand. They took 2 regions then stopped. Armies merging to form 40 unit stacks. Slow regional development-economic growth is slow not much construction going on. No war going on most factions just turtle and static. Britain did finally move out in late Dec. 1805 With Admiral George Ephinstone and naval invaded Southern Spain with Wellington full 40 stack army then attacked Madrid the next turn in Jan 1806. France is not blockading the British ports as before. Had a spy in England and no ports where ever blockaded in England. Where was Nelson's Fleet? It was in Savanna Georgia for the whole year. Savanna was a party town back then so who could blame him? Note: Add Expansion Behavior and Raid Behavior to nap_eur_maintainance in Camapign Ai Behavior Junction Table. The expansion behavior setting should be close to the trigger number in the Save game file to get the faction to move out. Here are the starting numbers in the 40 unit sav game for the Majors: Spain 3131 France 5516 Austria 5186, Britain 3121, Prussia 4865, Russia 4754 Ottoman 2329 Minor Factions ave. around 974. So focus on regional development and tech research so factions can upgrade their regions.

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 3 (26/2/2012)

New update 3 just uploaded (TWCenter is terribly slow).

In this update you should notice an even better CAI, it should be finalised and also there are Naval Autocalc Improvements (please test).

Patrician

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 3 (26/2/2012)

Beta 3. France is a turtle. Needs to expand. Regions still slow to develop. Slow construction and tech development. Nelson is parking in Savanna. A lot of Naval activity. British Naval invasion in Nov 1805. British Ports open no blockades. Austrians still active. Minors factions not doing anything.

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2,65 Open Beta Update 3 (27/2/2012)

I would have been on more often, but near death experience.

Back now though, I've noticed the CAI is not building ports, playing as France, the other factions are quite busy building armies and moving to defend and attack, I've had 3, that's 3 invasions from UK, of course he's got nothing better to do than build and attack since there are no other enemies, if there is a way of changing enmity have the UK go for Spain, it's more historically accurate, since all Spain does is march up and down the parade square anyway with his millions of men, give him a fight, make me look south rather than to the Vende, always with the Vende.

The fact that Spain trades with Prussia and refuses to quit is and interesting factor in its own right, Spain and UK in a land war in the south adds a whole new dimension, expansion aside, to the grand campaign. I am planning a camp with Spain see how it goes, maybe try and take back from the Haspburgs those lands in Italy.

Ciao for now.
    Last edited by Hawkeye74; February 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Ships! I see no ships!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast