Thread: Mojang's Newest Game: 0x10c

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Mojang's Newest Game: 0x10c

So I stumbled upon Notch's new project, 0x10c ( http://0x10c.com/ ) It will be a space exploration game with some elements taken from Minecraft such as mining for resources, exploration, extremely large sandbox world (well galaxy in this case), and the like. As for the setting, the game takes place near the end of the universe's life span filled with dying stars and black holes where you will travel around the galaxy in a fully customizable space ship running on 1980's-esque tech. The feature that is being touted the most is there will be a 16-bit, fully programmable computer system in the game which is what your ship will run on. You can program the computer to automate tasks like weapons systems, navigation, emergency routines as well as be creative and do things like be able to make your own custom operating system, video games (inside a video game), and viruses which you could infect an enemy ship with. The game will also feature a single player, multiplayer mode where a players can all run a ship and travel around exploring, and "hyperplayer" mode which is a MMO mode with a monthly fee where players can build corporations, empires. Persistence, ship movement and in game 16-bit computer operations continuing even when players log out (hence the monthly fee).

From what I've heard and seen most and honestly I will probably like this more than Minecraft. I probably won't play the MMO portion of the game, but a simple multiplayer game where us forum members can explore celestial bodies and fight off hostile alien NPCs sounds pretty fun to me. Plus I lack the income to fork over a monthly payment for an MMO.

Default Re: Mojang's Newest Game: 0x10c

I've heard about this before. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

Sounds like it could be another classic like Minecraft if pulled off correctly. At least it will be for me. The graphics and gameplay of Minecraft really hit home for me and this one sounds like it'll be the same way. 1980s tech? Yes please.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

A cute shooter. hehe

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

He's working on a new game? Minecraft is still half complete.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDavis View Post
    He's working on a new game? Minecraft is still half complete.
    Minecraft has actually been officially complete for over a year now. What you see now is just stuff they're adding on for the sake of adding things into the game.

Anyways I'm probably going to crash my ship onto some random planet, build a base out of it and fend off against hostile creatures, that is if the planet I crash on even has an atmosphere that can support life. I'll live out one of those 80's sci-fi movies. Anyone can care to join me if they like.
    Last edited by Sigma; February 24, 2013 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Minecraft has actually been officially complete for over a year now. What you see now is just stuff they're adding on for the sake of adding things into the game.
    If that's the case how come it doesn't have actual graphics yet? And isn't there a long ass list of **** he said he would add but never did?
    Last edited by Darth Red; February 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: flaming
    -Jimmy Neutron

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

If that's the case how come it doesn't have actual graphics yet
    ;:/

Those aren't actual graphics, those are the placeholders. They were just too lazy to change them.
    -Jimmy Neutron

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

Those aren't actual graphics, those are the placeholders. They were just too lazy to change them.
    Don't purchase games with placeholder graphics then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Walker View Post
    Don't purchase games with placeholder graphics then?
    I have not purchased the game nor will I ever. I don't wanna buy a game that looks and plays exactly the same as it did in Alpha.
    -Jimmy Neutron

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I have not purchased the game nor will I ever. I don't wanna buy a game that looks and plays exactly the same as it did in Alpha.
    I can't ignore the stupidity of this statement, and I am not entirely sure if you are just playing games. Anyways, most games in Alpha look and play the same when they are released unless the "looks" and "gameplay" just didn't work for the game. Your statement is calling a game **** for being the same game on release. Would you expect ArmA III to become Age of Empires III when it came out of development?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Why is this BigDogDavis guy here, if he doesn't even like these games?
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

The Dutch Devil's Avatar Krakiszki the Hunter
    Content Emeritus

This is place to discuss 0x10c, not minecraft.

Patronized by the glorious all knowing Legio.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Sounds pretty cool I have to say. I assume it will be adopting the Minecraft style of development where it's purchased in alpha for cheaper and added to as time goes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    Sounds pretty cool I have to say. I assume it will be adopting the Minecraft style of development where it's purchased in alpha for cheaper and added to as time goes on?
    Ya, Notch mentioned that it would follow that kind of purchase method. It makes sense that they would do that though.
    Last edited by Sigma; February 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM.