Thread: Third Age total war Campaign won't start

Default Third Age total war Campaign won't start

I was excited when I finally waited an hour downloading 3.0 part 1 and 2.0 part 2 and both patches I installed to my medieval total war 2 folder also I clicked on the third age icon. The game starts and I make it to the title screen. I click on single player then click grand campaign and a white and black box appears saying please select from the list. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing happened I don't know how to fix this problem. If anyone could help it would be great help. I also thought it should provide that I have a windows vista computer

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Third Age total war Campaign won't start

Moved from the Workshop to Third Age Tech Help.

They can help you far better here.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Third Age total war Campaign won't start

Have you ever had TATW installed before? What version do you have, retail disc, Steam, or some other version?

First thing to try is to clear the virtual store of any TATW related files. If you have any save games there you can back them up. The virtual store is located here:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sega\Medieval2 Total War

If that doesn't work you will probably have to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Before doing this disable UAC. There are two different ways of doing this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360880