Thread: patching rtw BI expansion

cro's Avatar Foederatus

Default patching rtw BI expansion

so i read all about it on other threads and forums yet nothing works,i tried all options available,last one was after installing rtw and patching it to 1.3 i installed barbarian invasion and tried patching it to 1.6...wont work,window pops out saying it will upgrade only 1.3 - 1.5 versions of rtw,and that makes no sense since i patched it to 1.3..i m losing my mind here so any help is welcomed..thanx.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: patching rtw BI expansion

What type of disk/download are you using? e.g. R:TW Gold or something else.

Is it an official version of the game?

What versions are you actually using?

The real version number is shown in-game on the top right hand corner of the options menu.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

cro's Avatar Foederatus

gold version patched to 1.5,i also tried BI 1.6 patch from few different sites and none would apply,it keeps saying i need 1.3 version..

The gold version is already patched.

Try reverting your RTW back to 1.3. I ran into this same problem when trying to get RTR Platinum to work, and found that the BI Expansion reverts Gold back to 1.3. The 1.6 patch was initially designed to patch both games at the same time, bringing RTW to its most recent version, while updating BI.

cro's Avatar Foederatus

thanx guys but i m giving up on it,couldnt find a decent mod for BI anyways,but maybe this thread helps someone else so thanx for replies

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ngazi View Post
    The gold version is already patched.
    Not all Gold versions are so patched. Which is why I asked the OP to check in-game as to the version.

They've decided to not respond - so they clearly did not really want any help inthe first place (so, thanks for wasting our time).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here