Thread: Persia and Ottoman Lag

Default Persia and Ottoman Lag

Well now I see why Persia was never an Empire again, because Ottomans were lagging.

However if seriously, tried to play a game as Persia, at ~ year 1704 ( already not even those 300+ turns games ( And I am playing with 4 turns per year )) , during the nations turn , Ottomans took 2-3 mins to pass , at 1705 managed to finally make a trade agreement with them and saw the problem that whole Anatolia region is literally crowded with 1 unit armies, no wonder it takes so long for the AI to process that. Now we all were there and done that , but is there any way you guys can recommend ( besides declaring war on them ) to get thru that lag without restarting the campaign? Thank You.

P.S. Whats with forums? Where is the good old layout? Am I missing something?

Foederatus

Default Re: Persia and Ottoman Lag

The lag usually clears up after a few turns for me.. be glad yours is only 2-3 minutes. My computer isn't that great and I've had the Ottomans take 15-20 minutes before.

I just started a Persian campaign as well and it's one of the only ones that I haven't had the Ottoman lag... since I have all but wiped them out. haha.

00drew00
    yes, seems that war with them is the only way to solve this in my current campaign.

When I play as the Ottoman's, I get Sweden lag.

When I play as the Ottoman's, I get Sweden lag.
    Now that's something new!

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Now that's something new!
    Not really. Sweden and Poland lagging as hell when i play with Ottomans too.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

The problem is with the landbridges. It causes the AI to go gaga. While I never had any serious Ottoman lag as you people describe, I usually was done with the lag by taking Either Anatolia or Constantinople.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Are you playing with 40x savegames?
    I ask because I had the Ottoman-Lag only once, while playing with Saxony 40 units save. Now, with Dagestan 20 units, there is no lag and I can't remember the lag before while playing with Britain or France 20 units save.

Krebskandidat
    Standard 20 units. Never use 40 unit saves.