Thread: Wounded Feature

Default Wounded Feature

I just thought about this..what if, after every battle, you don't just count the amount of deaths, but the amount of wounded soldiers. Maybe the wounded will perform horribly in the next battle. So you would have to research things such as medicine to help heal your wounded soldiers.

This can also bring in the 'supply transport' feature, in which supplies travel to the army and heal your soldiers. There's a possibility an enemy army can besiege the 'supply line' so none of the supplies will be given to your army.

Units that have the most wounded soldiers will most likely die out. So it's important to keep your eye on the wounded, and not the replenishment rate.

Default Re: Wounded Feature

no1 puts seriously wounded soldiers in the field... Missing a eye or some cuts and brusing yes but not like the guy guy has a massive thrust wound to his abdomen... And wounded soldiers are in the game even in the first rome. there is a specific number of "dead" troops u get back, also including any troops of yours that were captured.

I think this might happen, since that, as I recall, wounded were counted in the original RTW. In the battle itself they acted as dead, and then when it ended, a certain percentage of the dead were returned as wounded and were apparently healed for the next battle. I think this is a good idea to have for R2. And with the research part, it could be better if researching medicine would just raise the percentage of wounded returned in time for the next battle. Obviously I'm talking about people with cuts and hurts and maybe a minor bone broken, but obviously nothing too much worse.

Don't know for sure, but doesn't a percentage of your men lost in a battle get replenished?

Geordie-warlord's Avatar Miles

CA could even make a new model to represent the wounded with bandages and minor weeping wounds to represent under strength units, much the same as unit upgrades (light,medium,heavy armour/weapons in med 2).
    It would add a nice game-play mechanic to not only represent veteran units but injured ones and you can't really be veteran without being injured once or twice.

I think gameplay would get too complicated.

I think the way the original RTW did it was fine. Some "dead" troops came back for then next battle, meaning they were actually wounded. It doesn't need to be much more complicated than that.

Actually, now that I think about it, it worked like that in Shogun 2 too. If you finished a battle with 200 men still standing, you might get more in the battle report. Never mind. That's going to happen 100%.