Thread: Small Technical Request

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon4 Small Technical Request

In regards to the Ikko-Ikki Clan Emblem.

In the Early Versions of Shogun 2 which are the "Standard Edition" and "Limited Edition", the Ikko-Ikki had a White Emblem and were not a playable faction.

The Later Versions of Shogun 2 replaced the White Emblem with Orange to indicate The Creative Assembly's future plans to make the Clan playable.

Is there an available, unmodified Data Pack File from the Early Versions of Shogun 2?
    If so, where can I find it?

I really need those White Ikko-Ikki Clan Emblems for a project of mine.

Default Re: Small Technical Request

It might exist. However I don't think so because CA have put all the patch.packs into just data.pack so the old stuff disappeared, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    It might exist. However I don't think so because CA have put all the patch.packs into just data.pack so the old stuff disappeared, I believe.
    That's the obvious conclusion if the Game was downloaded directly from Steam.

But I can see some hope from the people who have the CD version.
    I'm pretty sure you can't update the data on a CD.

The only legit shogun 2 is on steam. The only difference is that you install the game via CD instead of downloading it. Then Steam directly patches shogun 2 to bring it up to date.

The only legit shogun 2 is on steam. The only difference is that you install the game via CD instead of downloading it. Then Steam directly patches shogun 2 to bring it up to date.
    But the Data on the Standard Edition and Limited Edition CDs can't be modified. Right?
    Even after Installation, the content on the CD remains the same. I'm pretty sure it does.

That could work. Do you have CD? Otherwise I can check it out since I have that.

That could work. Do you have CD? Otherwise I can check it out since I have that.
    No. I got Shogun 2 directly from Steam.

The CD seems to contain .sid files that i guess it the content. It is possible to unpack it. However, I do not know if it is legal, even for a purpose like this.

The CD seems to contain .sid files that i guess it the content. It is possible to unpack it. However, I do not know if it is legal, even for a purpose like this.
    All I'm asking for is the White Ikko-Ikki Clan Emblems.

You should be able to find them if you look for this path name:
    ui/flags/ikko_ikki

The flies in that folder are:
    mon_24.tga
    mon_64.tga
    mon_256.tga

Here is a problem: It seems one can not open the .sid files except using it to install. That means that I have to reinstall the game again. I could do that for you but it will take time, are you sure you still want it?

Here is a problem: It seems one can not open the .sid files except using it to install. That means that I have to reinstall the game again. I could do that for you but it will take time, are you sure you still want it?
    Yes, please.

Looks like I might have solved it: I took the colour from the Diplexheated picture and recoloured the current mon:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If the colour isn't right then provide me with the video in question so that I can get a high-quality picture to rely on.
    Last edited by Ygge; February 27, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

What about my recolour? It would save me alot of work if that mon is ok.

What about my recolour? It would save me alot of work if that mon is ok.
    It's not the right colour unfortunately because the turn cycle uses the 64x64 mons.