Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures gallery

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Pictures gallery

This thread is to post your own screenshots of your games with Masters of Europe.

Share your experience!
    Last edited by Steph; September 11, 2013 at 05:13 AM.

Default Re: Pictures gallery

Here are some of mine.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

I can see some early fightings here!

Indeed, plenty more where those came from.

Okay, I just had the best experience with Napoleon Total War game I ever had and probably one of the most satisfying and epic SP battles of my life till now. Did you know of a small program called FXAA Injector, used by many for many games to enhance performance? Well, I made my own settings with NTW for it, and I tried Masters of Europe. I can tell you, I'm still so amazed that my heart skipped several beats XD

Just LOOK and be AMAZED my good sir. Rome II suddenly seems a baby's toy in comparison:

France vs Hessen. Used the FXAA Injector with my parameters and unit multiplier set to 4.5, therefore max unit size was 720 men!

I want to point out: look at the sharpness, the contrast, the supreme colour, and the shiness. The small amount of bloom on faces which are sharper than ever and very detailed.

Again, a scene with great colours and very high contrast. I love it, just makes things so much realistic and polished.

You've never seen such Polish Lancers before did you? XD The amount of detail of MoE combined with the tool mentioned is astonishing.

And now, close up of my favorite unit in the game, the Grenadiers of the Middle Guard. The colours and the shadows being cast look so perfect its almost a photograph

I highly encourage you to download this tool at : https://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/wiki and try it for yourself. I can share my personal parameters with you all to get to this result right on your desktop. I tell you, playing like this is... unbelievable. I could never stop playing MoE now

I didnt know if it was worth opening a new topic (I assume this would be a submod) so I'm posting here. I took the time to add new skins and change variants a little to suit my personal needs (I wont give them away of course but if I have done something unwanted feel free to cancel the post) for realism and violence while on the battlefield. I want to use this with battles such as Waterloo, Borodino and Smolensk once they are in the game (if they will be).

I'm looking forward to use them as they are here in the battle of Borodino!
    Note that most soldiers are without hat beacuse I assume they are already IN the battle. Thus, their hats fell
    after being shot or were unpractical to wear.

Blood and mud

That bayonet must have hurt

mennelik's Avatar Civis

Sirlion what are your rig specs?

What do you mean rig specs? I simply did a basic retexture adding the blood effects and pieces of bandages and I replaced a line of "code" in the unit variant file. Of course I also retextured the flag.

Lets continue this thread of beauty. Remember I take the pics with FRAPS on a i8 with 6 GB of RAM (make it 12 with ReadyBoost active) and a GeForce GTX650 with 2 GB of RAM DDR3. A little beast yes All details are on Ultra with use of external FXAA.

Close look at the Russian square being charged by bavarian cuirassiers:

And two fantastic closer looks at the bavarian uniforms. I love them because the blue stands out so much with all effects enabled and FXAA Injector maxed out. Especially during sunset

I find line infantry to be much more detailed and without the ugly gloss maps \ plastic look of Rome II troops.

Patrician Artifex

I modified all the gloss maps to greatly reduced the effects from CA. From your screenshots, I did well

This time I used Anisotropic Filtering 16x and higher resolution.

Hussars HD

Beautiful death scene

Confrontation on a ride!

His face will soon be smashed

Ka-boom!

The ultimate stress test for any new PC out there: 1.200 men in every batallion, with WoS 4.0

The men are fatigued, but they will go on!

Extreme close up. Keep in mind that with such gorgeous number of men my game ran at 3-4 FPS so dont try this at home

Patrician Artifex

That's a lot of men!

Okay guys, I just played the most epic battle I have ever done on SP. I played Borodino, 400 men each regiment, 8-16 guns each battery, more than 7000 men total for every faction, 3 vs 3. France, Italy, Wurttemberg VS 3 Russian armies. Here I present you a very small part of the battlefield. Mora than 30.000 men fought this battle (before my RAM hit max capacity and the game crashed XD)

Some more

I steamrolled denmark with the brits like a bows

Patrician Artifex

Nice, too bad you don't have the latest Danish uniforms yet. I should get a new GPU this week, I'll be able to get better screens too

Oh yes too bad... I'll enjoy the mod to the fullest when it comes out. For now, since you like my screenshots, and I just bought 2 more GB of RAM home, here's today's frenchmen in a resolution so high that I cant even believe how they ran so good on XD

The Old Guard doesnt even feel artillery shots...

... but sometimes they hit home

Poor kid was shot down just now

Patrician Artifex

What resolution are you playing with?

2500 x 1600. But its not for close ups, or else my GPU starts burning. No, rather, any GPU XD I also use SweetFX 1.5.1 for antialiasing, built-in AA for Napoleon slows down the game a lot. Not recommended.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast