Thread: Wtf, youtube videos slow?

Default Wtf, youtube videos slow?

My internet has been the bees knees here recently but youtube videos are slow as christmas. Sometimes I don't even get a loading circle, just a picture. I use firefox with no addons, custom pc, ect ect. Any suggestions?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticx View Post
    USA. We were very unprepared for a war .
    Yep, on D-Day in Iraq, we launched over 500,000 pikemen to capture the flag which Rome was holding. Didn't go so well for us but those Spartans didn't win by much with there muskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Rome is not in Iraq...or did I miss something...

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: Wtf, youtube videos slow?

Try a different browser to the same site. Reboot (if you haven't), run a speed-check site. It could just be the site.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Try clearing your cache. I remember having the same problems in the past and it worked for me.
    To do it got to: History -> Clear recent history -> choose time range: everything and untick every option except for cache.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Are you using HTML 5?
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Its probably just youtube. Its honestly a horrible service, i have a pretty fast internet connection (50mbps) and maybe 3 out of the 7 days of the week it will run fine with the rest of the time it will sit and buffer a 30 second 360p video over and over again. I don't know if anyone else has these problems but i know its not me because i can head over to Vimeo and watch a 30 minute 1080p video without having to pause and buffer once.

might not be Your case, but still: in NW Europe (France, BeNeLux) a lot of net providers are slowing down sites like YouTube deliberated ( it's a money thing between them...)