Thread: Custom loading screens.

Default Custom loading screens.

Is there a tutorial on how to make custom loading screens (at start-up loading as well as in game), a step-by-step, which programs to use sort-of-post? I have a few images which would make great visuals for my mod. Would appreciate any help.
    We are peaceful people, but our armored train is always idling on back-up tracks.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Custom loading screens.

Its I guess very simple. There is one loading screen that is called splash screen that shows only when you start the game/mod, its located in the mod folder/data/menu/splash.tga Otherwise all regular loading screens are in the mod folder/data/loading_screen/ and you can edit them basicly with any graphic program that can work on .tga files so like Photoshop, Paintshop, probably GIMP (Never used that one so just speculating). You only need to make sure your loading screens are named following the format loading_screen_x where x is a number of it (1-to whatever max number of screens you have there). So to edit one such vanilla loading screen open it with any of those graphic tools, then for example open another image you want to put in your loading screen, copy and paste the picture on top of your vanilla one, save it (or save it as .tga file) and it should appear in game.

Oops I was thinking I was replying to medieval2 topic, so that all might not be a valid explanation. Sorry.

That solution doesn't work for Napoleon, unfortunately.
    We are peaceful people, but our armored train is always idling on back-up tracks.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Have a look at Masters of Europe.
    In the optional part of the download, we have new Loading Screens. Open the pack with PFM and see how we did it.

Thank you for the information. So does that mean any image file, saved as a tga can be used for any of the loading screens, if it is positioned in the same type of db tree as yours? Does the file have to be a specific size? Are there any limits?

Also, these screens are only the battle loading screens in that Masters of Europe pack file. Is there a way to mod start-up loading screens and save-game loading screens?
    Last edited by variag; February 03, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I'm abroad for the week, without access to the game, so sorry but I can't answer you. The best would be to try.