Thread: Tweaks to unit stats not showing up in Game. Please Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Foederatus

Default Tweaks to unit stats not showing up in Game. Please Help

Editing Unit Stats Question:
    So, I have EB 1.2 with Jirrissy MegaModPack for Alexander installed (running Win 7). I go to descr_unit.txt and tweak some of the unit stats. I save the changes. But, Then when I launch the game the changes I made don't show up in the game. Any one have suggestions , let alone the exact answer? Is there a script that prevents it? or Something I just don't see. I haven't played RTW games / mods for a couple of years but it seems like it used to be pretty straight forward and easy to mod simple things in RTW games.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Tweaks to unit stats not showing up in Game. Please Help

How do you know that the changes did not take effect ? Any stats in the export_descr_units.txt is for the basic unupgrade units. With each armour/weapon upgrade and experience the stats will increase.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Just check their stats and attributes on the custom battle screen, they'll be different if the changes took place.

For EB you'll have to make your edits to the edu in the sp edu backup folder rather than the typical edu file in the data folder. This is how EB switches between single player and multiplayer modes