Thread: No unique units except in certain settlements?

Icon9 No unique units except in certain settlements?

I been playing this mod for about a year, and I can't get over the fact that I can only recruit a factions "unique" unit/units from certain settlements. For example, I can only train Janissary Heavy Infantry in Baghdad, or I can only train Forlorn Hope in Frankfurt. However, when I play against the Turks, they have whole armies consisting of Janissary Heavy Infantry. It also doesn't help that I can only train Chivalric knights in Palermo as the Sicilians. Having to use Norman knights (slightly worse than Feudal Knights) in the late period is a pain. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Default Re: No unique units except in certain settlements?

KGCM has a speciality. A starting capital can slowly train one of their nation's unique, top tier units. But these units are also available from normal recruitment buildings when you reach them in any settlement, for example...french Scots Guards are available in Paris, and from any fortress/citadel with the fortress/citadel level archery range.

So your problem is just not having the proper level of recruitment building. Take a look through building browser to see what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    KGCM has a speciality. A starting capital can slowly train one of their nation's unique, top tier units. But these units are also available from normal recruitment buildings when you reach them in any settlement, for example...french Scots Guards are available in Paris, and from any fortress/citadel with the fortress/citadel level archery range.

So your problem is just not having the proper level of recruitment building. Take a look through building browser to see what you need.
    Since I posted this, I've been playing the Turk campaign. I could only recruit Janissary Heavy Infantry from Baghdad. Upgraded Antioch (Huge City) and one of my Citadels in Egypt to the highest barracks level, and checked the building browser. All the uprgrades do NOT include Janissary Heavy Infantry. This happens to me with every faction I play as.

I'm not sure about the other factions you play but for Janissary HI they are recruited from top tier diplomacy buildings not barracks.