Thread: DarthMod Revelation

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Icon4 DarthMod Revelation

A friend just installed DarthMod and for the first time I was able to witness it in all its glory.

Wow! Freaking wow!

It's just so beautiful!
    I retract everything I ever said about Imperial Splendour being on-par with DarthMod.
    I am currently over-hauling my pc and installing linux and when all is set to rights I am installing DarthMod.
    If you want an easy to install small mod then by all means go with Imperial Splendour.
    If you want the full-on ETW experience then you can only install DarthMod!
    Last edited by =Prince Nuada=; February 24, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: DarthMod Revelation

Well, I'm sure that Imperial Splendour will be amazing when it is finished, but yeah, Darthmod Empire is amazing, glad you gave it a shot . I've used it a lot in the past year.

Imperial splendour has its good points don't get me wrong.
    It's a small down-load, easy to install, makes some interesting changes to the game.
    But DarthMod has pure wow-factor.

The first Mod I downloaded was Darthmod. It was fun to play and it does have a lot of little features that makes a unique game experience. However, it lacked the historical accuracy in both units and battle mechanics that I wanted in a mod. Obviously, I put my money where my mouth is. When Imperial Splendour is fully completed it will offer an alternative gaming experience, but definitely not a better experience. Each mod offers something different and unique. When people ask; which mod should I try? The answer is simple, all of them.

copy that. There are lots of mods here, everybody can find one which suits him best

DarthMod is upgraded Vanilla, which doesn't really appeal to me. Everything feels too bright and ahistorical.

Hmm, if only there was a way to meld IS with DM…

Well, we are working on improving the CAI & BAI, including diplomacy. We are also working to improving the battle mechanics for a more accurate portrayal of battles of the time frame; the opposite of DM. As we continue to mod, there will be less to meld together.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello Nuada, in fact DME and IS have two goals totally different, it would be too much difficult to merge the two mods, and moreover, IS is going to be a really "big" mod (about the content), the IS: Rises march patch will allow you to undertstand what I mean. We would like to be going to create a feeling that you can not play ETW without installing IS with the new units, and other graphics, aand with the new unic gameplay aspect that we are working on.You will have some news soon: Competition between Darth and us did not started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Hello Nuada, in fact DME and IS have two goals totally different, it would be too much difficult to merge the two mods, and moreover, IS is going to be a really "big" mod (about the content), the IS: Rises march patch will allow you to undertstand what I mean. We would like to be going to create a feeling that you can not play ETW without installing IS with the new units, and other graphics, aand with the new unic gameplay aspect that we are working on.You will have some news soon: Competition between Darth and us did not started yet.
    , there's a patch in March? And I've just started a new AAR? .

One problem I have personally experienced with IS2 is that there is a marked decrease in game progression.
    Where as in vanilla I would have conquered several regions by turn 10, in IS2 I can only manage to capture a handful.
    The increased purchase costs of buildings and units is not off-set by an increased income, however if you inject funds and research into economic growth it comes at a cost to the development of your army.
    Counter-wise, if you build a capable army intent on conquest you will soon find it difficult to afford to repair damaged buildings, upgrade buildings or train additional troops.
    And if you try the balanced approach in supporting your economy whilst slowly building your army, progress is slow and you will be out-numbered or out-manoeuvred by the AI.
    My only other beef with IS2 is that when I conquer a region I am forced to garrison with a 1/2-full stack for several turns to either suppress or put-down rebellion which also adds to the slow progress of the game.
    Otherwise, I love IS2.

If the mod was done my way, I would make it even more difficult to conquer a few regions. I would prefer if you get too strong, then the other factions would gang up on you. That was another problem I have with DM and vanilla- by 1750 the game was essentially over. Although there was one DM campaign when I over extended myself and I ened up losing almost everything I conquered because I had to deal with rebellions. I still managed to conquered almost all of Europe,...eeck!

Oh yeah, by no means do I believe that you should be able to steam-roller your way through the game.
    At the same time though, it should be a little easier to secure a captured territory.

We actually had this discussion in the IS Forum
    AI is abit overpowered

Is there an easy way to scale that back in the mean time or are we going to have to wait for IS3?

there is.. all you need to do is to set all values in campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects to 0 and AI wont have any campaign bonuses even on VH

How interesting…
    I must try this. Cheers.

The problem with the AI is the bucketloads of cash they get compared to you

You're not wrong there.