Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Results 261 to 276 of 276

Thread: What's so bad about socialism?

  1. #261
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Unter dem Doppeladler
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    No one is taking you seriously, its been made obvious, why are you still posting?
    No one needs to take me seriously, if someone asks me a question I'll answer. Is that a hard concept?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post


    The original liberal

    @Cor de Ferrum: Your mother, a Jew, is a white supremacist? Now that requires some serious doublethink.
    She is not a white supremacist, that is not something I've told her, she agrees with my beliefs of far right-wing conservatism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slydessertfox View Post
    So your Jewish mother is a white supremacist? I'm starting to think you are making this stuff up as you go along.
    Again, this is not something I've discussed with her, only the fact that I am far right conservative and she is one too.

    Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    You mean you are proud the USSR and USA used German expertise to improve their killing machines immediately after WWII, because they had focused their pre-war economy on peaceful existence and not turning their people into barbarians. By the 50s, Nazi scientists were no longer of use. Germany's scientific contributions since 1945 have been no more exceptional than anyone elses.

    Germany doesn't have a military tradition. The Allies made sure of that. And it's a good thing too. Militarism is an extremely negative trait. Relucatant use of force only when necessary is the way to be.

    Peace, not war, shall be our boast,
    But, should foes assail our coast,
    Make us then a mighty host,
    God defend our free land.
    Lord of battles in Thy might,
    Put our enemies to flight
    ,Let our cause be just and right,
    God defend New Zealand.

    I see your problem. You call yourself a label and then support the views you associate with it. You should be deciding on views independently and then labelling them after, and not putting too much importance on the labels.
    I don't believe that. I don't believe that by talking one will all of a sudden convince someone they've been wrong the entire time.

    If people are dug into an ideology, talking won't make a difference, especially if they've been conditioned to believe the opposition lies and nothing more.

    If it came to peace or war, I'd rather choose war every time.

    Why?

    Because the opposition is just that, the opposition. They don't have to be shooting at you to fight you. They can and will sabotage your economy, mess with your politics, spy on your military, fund a propaganda machine that will find something wrong with your nation and sway the public opinion to hate you, even in peace your enemy is still your enemy.

    Sometimes, the opposition is ignorant, and ignorance doesn't listen to reason or logic, and because logic does not apply to real life, the opposition will never be stable.

    I don't agree with world peace, because world peace sounds a bit corrupt to me. Everyone would have to live by specific rules, there'd be no individuality, everyone would be the same, think the same, it would be terrible.

    Disagreements are natural, war is necessary.

    I have absolutely no problem with war over peace, because war gets things done while peace prolongs the inevitable anyways.

    While you have a good heart and want to spare lives, your enemy may be taking the time to build up for war and exploit your good faith.
    Last edited by Cor De Ferrum; March 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

  2. #262
    Slydessertfox's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    I wonder how your mom would feel if she found out you were a white supremacist.

  3. #263
    Vanoi's Avatar Tribunus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    10,924

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    Explain how what I said is racist.
    Well no one using Negro anymore. Its considered an offensive term. though that just may be how its said in your language.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    All they want are hand-outs taken from the white mans working hands.
    And of course the other minorities just it around and don't work, right?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    If you think us Whites are just going to lay down while everyone promotes hatred towards us, then you're wrong.

    If you think we're going to let them take what we worked for, you're wrong.

    If you think we're going to let them control our banks and jobs, you're wrong.

    The white race is being marginalized, being targeted.
    Everyday we're taught to hate ourselves, because of the past.
    White nationalism is often an indicator of a racist.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    We don't want to mix cultures, we don't want lazy criminals in our lands, and we won't let them throw us out.
    Then don't complain when your culture dies out. Culture that does not change will die.

    EDIT: Didn't realize this post was a few pages back
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Those who protect the right of terrorists to have Free Speech enable the bombings of innocents.

  4. #264
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    @ Corps de Forum

    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ash-assistance

    I suppose it wouldn't do much good to point out that "Whites" represent a larger percentage of welfare recipients than any other group, or that I've spent my whole life seeing Mexican immigrants outwork nearly every "white" person I know trying to carve out a life for themselves in a new land doing jobs no one else wants to do.

    Also, if you're being called "racist" by someone from South Carolina......you are probably really racist

  5. #265
    Slydessertfox's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post

    Also, if you're being called "racist" by someone from South Carolina......you are probably really racist
    To be fair there can be some non racists in South Carolina.

  6. #266
    Atterdag's Avatar Knus zionismen!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Valley of the Wind
    Posts
    6,724

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Sometimes, the opposition is ignorant, and ignorance doesn't listen to reason or logic, and because logic does not apply to real life, the opposition will never be stable.
    Amen.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

    عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان


    All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck


  7. #267
    Tribunus
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10,384

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    I don't believe that. I don't believe that by talking one will all of a sudden convince someone they've been wrong the entire time.

    If people are dug into an ideology, talking won't make a difference, especially if they've been conditioned to believe the opposition lies and nothing more.
    That's true of many ordinary people. But politically minded people tend to be much less entrenched than their voters. That's why "the parties are so similar when they're supposed to be opposites" is such a common complaint in democracies. Of course, if a large proportion of representatives from different parties agree on something, they are almost certainly correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    Because the opposition is just that, the opposition. They don't have to be shooting at you to fight you. They can and will sabotage your economy, mess with your politics, spy on your military, fund a propaganda machine that will find something wrong with your nation and sway the public opinion to hate you, even in peace your enemy is still your enemy.
    You aren't empthizing with them then. There is only one reason people hold political beliefs, and that is because they think if those beliefs become reality the world will be a better place. There are no exceptions to this rule. Kruschev was a wide eyed idealist.

  8. #268
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Unter dem Doppeladler
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slydessertfox View Post
    I wonder how your mom would feel if she found out you were a white supremacist.
    That's not important.

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    @ Corps de Forum

    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ash-assistance

    I suppose it wouldn't do much good to point out that "Whites" represent a larger percentage of welfare recipients than any other group, or that I've spent my whole life seeing Mexican immigrants outwork nearly every "white" person I know trying to carve out a life for themselves in a new land doing jobs no one else wants to do.

    Also, if you're being called "racist" by someone from South Carolina......you are probably really racist
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    That's true of many ordinary people. But politically minded people tend to be much less entrenched than their voters. That's why "the parties are so similar when they're supposed to be opposites" is such a common complaint in democracies. Of course, if a large proportion of representatives from different parties agree on something, they are almost certainly correct.

    You aren't empthizing with them then. There is only one reason people hold political beliefs, and that is because they think if those beliefs become reality the world will be a better place. There are no exceptions to this rule. Kruschev was a wide eyed idealist.
    Still, I believe militarism is the best way to go. The military is the only profession I've come to respect, the soldiers are the only people I can respect.

    This is what I love about Israel, the military tradition, the fact that everyone is a soldier, we're always ready to fight and win. We guard the borders day and night, we have the advantage on all of our enemies, that is why they don't strike.

    Militarism is the pride and shield of Israel, and I hope it continues to be. I hope that the budget of Israel always goes towards the military first.

    From the age of 12-18, we learn to hold a gun, aim the gun, and shoot, reload, take it apart, put it back together, with weapons we use and the enemy as well.

    Even the QBZ-95 Rifle series from China. Things are different over there than in the West. Over there we know at a moments notice someone is plotting, moving against us in any corner of the world at any given time, and we need to always be a step ahead of them.

    Do you realize, there are billions of people that would love to destroy Israel? Do you know how much caution, vigilance, dedication, and manpower we need to make sure none of them succeed?

    Militarism is my favorite aspect of Israel, and I hope we continue to be the most advanced military in this side of the Earth, second to China.

  9. #269
    Tribunus
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10,384

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    Do you realize, there are billions of people that would love to destroy Israel?
    Can you try and empathize with them and understand why they would that want that?
    Last edited by romande; March 25, 2013 at 01:33 PM.

  10. #270
    Pīrūz Nahavandi's Avatar Hastatus
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Watching your most private moments. With judgement.
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Does anyone remember when this thread was about socialism and not the most poorly constructed attempt at trolling in the internet's history?

  11. #271
    Slydessertfox's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    Do you realize, there are billions of people that would love to destroy Israel? .
    [citation needed]

  12. #272
    Ysmar's Avatar Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krylos View Post
    Hello all,

    Before you start hating please accept that I'm only 15 years old and my world views are very naive.
    I've noticed that there seems to be a general hate against socialism and communism. Well I personally can't really relate to communism since it demands a violent revolution, which is bad. I, however, really like the idea of socialism.
    This forum generally seems to be a bit on the right so I'd like to know why you don't like socialism/ why you think it doesn't work.
    It is, of course, always important to listen to both sides to make up your mind.

    The idea that everyone lives together happily doesn't sound too bad to me. If there was no money or at least an even distribution, nobody would have to starve. There would be true equality. Racism could maybe disappear within a few decades, since everyone has the same conditions and you don't suffer from poor or suppressed predecessors.
    My vision is that everyone would work for everyone else and the strong would do anything they could to help the weak and this would enable a good lifestyle for anyone.

    One might argue that a lot of people would stop working since they are being supported by other people. That is a valid point. We'd have to change the motivation for jobs entirely. You wouldn't go to work because you want to gain money to increase your lifestyle and consume, but just to help others or even humanity as a whole.

    And imgagine the change in the economy: If there weren't all these companies working against each other but instead helping each other, there would be an enormous growth within a short amount of time.

    What do you think?

    Greetings,
    Krylos
    I'm gonna try and talk about socialism instead of whatever this thread has become.

    I don't think socialism is bad in theory, but I do think that socialism would never work in practice. Socialism/Communism wants to gather a lot of power in a small group of people (the government). Human nature will make sure that things are not distributed fairly. And I also think that socialism is intruding on the rights of individuals by, for example, levying taxes from people to pay for something that that person maybe even won't use. Some degree of taxes is necessary to pay for public goods, such as defence, law, fire department and the like, but socialism want to pay for so much more collectively.

  13. #273
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Unter dem Doppeladler
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    Can you try and empathize with them and understand why they would that want that?
    They want that because Israel is a Jewish State.

  14. #274
    Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,010

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    They want that because Israel is a Jewish State.
    Well you've wildly overestimated the amount of people who want Israel destroyed. It's most certainly not billions.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

    My Political Profile.

    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

  15. #275
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    They want that because Israel is a Jewish State.
    ....Because many people, especially in the middle east, detest the Jewish race, which is racist, which is bad because.....wait a minute......

  16. #276
    Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i Ôzam
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    9,422

    Default Re: What's so bad about socialism?

    I'm closing this thread as it seems to have blown wildly off course.

    www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •