Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Campaign AI

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Bran's Campaign AI

Probably, but since there are many parameters it would be good to have some explanation from guys who know.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE:Added new triggers and other tweaks

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

That hardly tells you what you think each value does.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I don't have the impression he wants to explain.

Patrician

Ok the main thing is when modding the CAI settings is to balance the money on what you want the Ai to spend on-construction,economic,management,military. I modded it toward regional development so the Ai makes the upgrade buildings that can improve the military recruitment and develop better tech and make money with trade. If the regions do not develop then the campaign stagnates. The other thing I messed with is the trigger events tables-I added my own lines to it to force the Ai to do those behaviors. Seems to work with some things and not others-but behavior has changed-maybe not for the better 2. BAI settings-modded it for better line cohesion, cav behavior and fire fights. Modding this is a nightmare-every setting will affect all others-change artillery range and that changes unit behavior-go figure! Modding CAI is pretty much straight forward as to what the settings mean. BAI is another thing entirely. If you want to know what some specific thing means go ahead and ask-but I do not know what every freaking setting means that is hundreds of settings-some of the main ones I know-others well even CA people do not know and or care to know cause if they did they would not have the crazy numbers for some of this stuff. MiKill knows and has some good knowledge of some of these things and has helped me with some counter intuitive ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Still playing this campaign. Oldenburg Invaded Hannover after I liberated it and took it over. This prompted Denmark to declare war on Oldenburg. Oldenburg allied with France so that finally brought Denmark to war with France bringing Sweden into the war as well. Denmark and Oldenburg are having quite the war. I had been staying out of it, but now France declared war on me so I'll be dragged into that as well.

Spain Naval invaded Russian held Wallachia vis the black sea. Then they proceeded to take the region to the north as well. France took Greece and the Ottomans have only Istanbul remaining. The Russians are having quite the war over there. France has pushed all the way through hungary and into Romania. I am fighting the French in Southern Poland and accross the Hannover/Saxony(which I control) borders. Russia gave me Courtland to join the war against Spain. So I have 4 regions beyond what I started with...Courtland, Saxony, the region SouthEast of Poland and the Region South of Silesia.

I eliminated the Austrians with the aid of the Russians. Spain had offered me some technology and a trade a agreement and to join the war against the Swiss if I attacked Austria. So I did it because I needed the trade income and the tech. Britain got ticked off, but they haven't done anything the entire campaign. France has a full stack of ships blocking their harbour so I doubt they will factor in at all.

Great Campaign. My only real complaint is Britain asleep at the wheel. The battle AI is good, I like the morale.
    I finished up this campaign with a victory in November 1812 when I took over Oldenburg and completed returning all the German regions back to their independence.

It was a fun campaign, but France never pushed hard enough and Britain didn't do anything. The battle AI in that version was a little weak for some reason, I rarely lost a battle even when outnumbered.

The positives:
    Russia never waivered from fighting the French. Diplomacy with Russia was great, they offered me regions to join fight against France, and marched troops to the front lines on the Germany/France border.

Ottomans: They were agressive and put up a nice fiight against Prussia(me) and Russia while allying with France.

Spain: They backed up the French and Naval Invaded Norway.

The Minors: Oldenburg expanded to 3 regions at 1 point. Hungary emerged and took the Balkans and Croatia before being defeated again.

The Negatives:
    Britain: Didn't do anything. Didn't guard its port. Even when I broke the blockade of their port from the French , they did nothing. Nelson sat there blockading the Netherlands while 2 french ships blockaded Britains main trading port.

France: Could have steamrolled over me at a couple points as they had 15 to 20 stacks within striking distance but never launched a major assault. Never made it to Russia even when a couthern alley through Wallachia was available and never pressed for Poland despite having numerous stacks. I would say 10 full stacks just stayed planted in no mans land around Austria.

Italian Minors: Did nothing.

Sweden: Did nothing.

Too easy to negotiate peace with France. If I beat France in a battle, I could almost always get peace. France should never make peace unless they get something major in return like land or Paris is under siege.

Battle AI seemed easier than vanilla for some reason.

Don't gert me wrong, it was still fun, just making observations on what I think needs some looking into to make the game better. HK's campaign AI had Britain playing very well. Maybe you could look at that. I know you can make France more aggressive, I've seen you do it.

Thanks.

Patrician

UPDATE: New triggers,better expansion for France and Britain. Better BAI behavior
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed event triggers for better battle AI, All minor nations expansion tweaked-more activity on the campaign map
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:12 PM.

Quick question - are these updates Save Game compatible or do I need to start a new campaign?

Bran, is this CAI/BAI different from your DMN submod?

Patrician

I used some of it in this, but I test it first in DMN as I do not play vanilla. But the campaign stuff seems to work better with vanilla NTW from reports I have had with this. I do believe it is save game compatible if you start with this mod-not with a Vanilla version save- in other words start a campaign save using this mod.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; April 09, 2013 at 01:38 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE: added new trigger events, morale tweaked, BAI improvements,CAI behaviors added Need some feedback Thanks
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

thanks, im playing empire this evening, but will try it tommorow :-)

Patrician

UPDATE; Added new triggers and better expansion for Britain and other factions.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Factions a little more aggressive.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Stronger regional defense.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 14, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

Is this mod compatible with Darthmod?

Patrician

Neo Crayon -There is a total version of this already for Darth Mod called Bran's DMN mod settings. It is in the Sub Mod section of Darth Mod Naploleon.

Patrician

UPDATE: New morale settings, better expansion
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 14, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE: tweaked campaign difficulty, better development for minor factions. Reworked trigger events. post 1 for newest update.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 11, 2013 at 02:56 AM.